• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Chobits ep. 17-22:
Damn, well, Yumi is out
of the picture now; I thought for sure they were going to take each other virginity, lol. I guess it's all in with Chii now
Plus, those other persecoms are coming... this is just getting weird... Plus, that
floating Chii that is making him touch her in the crotch and saying only he is alowed to be inside her.

Vito

Banned
Young Black Jack anime key visual

tumblr_nolr5fbAv71sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/ybj/ (Fall)

cajunator

Banned
if they didn't have the schedule to keep they should've just rule of three'd it. Rule of Three is a great rule.

While thats a good rule of thumb I can think of many series that took longer than 3 episodes for their direction to be clear and sticking with it for ten or so episodes ultimately paid off. Results may vary but some shows just take a bit of meandering to find their way.

Chobits ep. 17-22:
Damn, well, Yumi is out
of the picture now; I thought for sure they were going to take each other virginity, lol. I guess it's all in with Chii now
Plus, those other persecoms are coming... this is just getting weird... Plus, that
floating Chii that is making him touch her in the crotch and saying only he is alowed to be inside her.

Now its gone full CLAMP. there's no turning back now!

POWWWAHHHH

SO GOOD

I'm happy SAO is a thing because the reactions in the toonami thread are great
I never understood the hiss fights people have over the show. It wasn't mind blowing, but there's so many other shows as mediocre or worse than it that people don't even talk about. Guess that's anime fans for you.

Puruzi

Banned
I never understood the hiss fights people have over the show. It wasn't mind blowing, but there's so many other shows as mediocre or worse than it that people don't even talk about. Guess that's anime fans for you.

Yeah but the worse shows aren't as popular as SAO, so that's probably why more people get upset about it

Cornbread78

Chobits ep. 23-END:
Not sure why MAL shows this as 26 episodes when it's clearly done at 24. The ending is not what I expected at all, but it was very "cute" and turned out well. It got really crazy in there for a bit, but it did finally all make sense in the end. One questions though. From that final scene,
Did she give all persecoms the power of human emotion?
Now, what to watch next.... hmm,

I think another comedy would work well. are there any good Ecchi comedies out there like American Pie, Old Schooland Road Trip etc...

EDIT:

all this SAO talk warms my heart!

You don't exactly see Psychic Wars or Engage Planet Kiss Dum getting a prime slot on Toonami do you. There are worse anime but you have to go out of your way to find them.

cajunator

Banned
Chobits ep. 23-END:
Not sure why MAL shows this as 26 episodes when it's clearly done at 24. The ending is not what I expected at all, but it was very "cute" and turned out well. It got really crazy in there for a bit, but it did finally all make sense in the end. One questions though. From that final scene,
Did she give all persecoms the power of human emotion?
Now, what to watch next.... hmm,

I think another comedy would work well. are there any good Ecchi comedies out there like American Pie, Old Schooland Road Trip etc...

EDIT:

all this SAO talk warms my heart!

MAL is probably referring to the 2 extra episodes which were recap episodes and not always found with the rest. Those two are entirely throwaway episodes though.
BUt yes you are correct thats basically what happened at the end and also you see how the show meandered for half its run before settling down to the main story. Thats why I dont abide by 3 episode rule myself.

As for SAO, well I ordered this: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/NNz55eOMrAkiaFkyVD/browse/item/105392/4/0/0
Look how much Sinon there is. they made a good choice.

And well if you want something like an ecchi comedy I have just the thing. B Gata H Kei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGmwOdH8RNE

This show is HILARIOUS.

Chobits ep. 23-END:
Not sure why MAL shows this as 26 episodes when it's clearly done at 24.

There's 2 recap episodes, 8.5 and 16.5 which you probably didn't watch. Oh, and there's a last recap episode with a minute or so new stuff as well, and a small comedy episode called ChiBits.

Welcome to the club. They are all just hate how popular it got with so many flaws.

For me that simply isn't true. I'm not going to judge my enjoyment of a show based on how popular it got (I was watching it as it was airing, how was I supposed to know how popular it'd get). At the end of the day I felt like it had so much potential but then threw it away with things I didn't care about, or worse, things that made me wish I never started watching it.

I will give it that it had decent production values and that the first opening was pretty catchy. Apart from that I can't really say much good about Sword Art Online.

Cornbread78

For me that simply isn't true. I'm not going to judge my enjoyment of a show based on how popular it got (I was watching it as it was airing, how was I supposed to know how popular it'd get). At the end of the day I felt like it had so much potential but then threw it away with things I didn't care about, or worse, things that made me wish I never started watching it.
I will give it that it had decent production values and that the first opening was pretty catchy. Apart from that I can't really say much good about Sword Art Online.

Makes sense, I can't really argue with anyone for not liking something. That was supossed to be funny, but alas, not way to see tone through a message board, lol. I get the impression from a lot of people that is definately the case though with comments like "I cannot believe so many people like this trash"
For me the first 15 episodes, before it switched to Aincrad were awesome and my fav still. It just is what it is, but yeah, flaws, flaws flaws...

From what you have been watching me and you have very similar tastes in anime. At least I have a brother in arms aha, over the years I keep getting flack for enjoying the show.

LOL, true. I'll just keep on watching stuff for fun. I will have to slow down eventually due to work,so. Also, my Vita misses me dearly, well outside of using the Crunchy app on it, lol....

There's 2 recap episodes, 8.5 and 16.5 which you probably didn't watch. Oh, and there's a last recap episode with a minute or so new stuff as well, and a small comedy episode called ChiBits.

Makes sense, TY.

MAL is probably referring to the 2 extra episodes which were recap episodes and not always found with the rest. Those two are entirely throwaway episodes though.
BUt yes you are correct thats basically what happened at the end and also you see how the show meandered for half its run before settling down to the main story. Thats why I dont abide by 3 episode rule myself.
As for SAO, well I ordered this: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/NNz55eOMrAkiaFkyVD/browse/item/105392/4/0/0
Look how much Sinon there is. they made a good choice.
And well if you want something like an ecchi comedy I have just the thing. B Gata H Kei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGmwOdH8RNE
This show is HILARIOUS.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/NNz55eOMrAkiaFkyVD/browse/item/105392/4/0/0
Holy crap at that price! Why is this stuff so damn expensive!

I'll have to find it and check it out sometime...

This is how I felt with Tokyo Ghoul. Ugh, that season 2 ending...
Makes sense, I can't really argue with anyone for not liking something. That was supossed to be funny, but alas, not way to see tone through a message board, lol. I get the impression from a lot of people that is definately the case though with comments like "I cannot believe so many people like this trash"

For me the first 15 episodes, before it switched to Aincrad were awesome and my fav still. It just is what it is, but yeah, flaws, flaws flaws...
I too can't deny the show's flaws. I for example wasn't a fan of how they dealt with the Aincrad arc. Also what they did to Asuna there was atrocious. Still watched it, and enjoyed it for what it was.

cajunator

Banned

Yeah. The problem I have with it is well documented. It has really nothing to do with popularity because I like some shows that are very popular too.

This is how I felt with Tokyo Ghoul. Ugh, that season 2 ending...

The manga is far superior in every way, it's just that Studio Pierrot butchered the source material till there was nothing left. The fact they alluded to the Sequel manga Re at the last episode made me so frustrated. Like you screwed up the plotline of the series but you still have the nerves to allude to the sequel manga.

The manga is the way to go for Tokyo Ghoul.

Anko

I think the part about SAO that annoys me the most is that Kajiura wrote music for it.

Why did she accept this shit of a show? If there's anyone in the industry who has the luxury of turning down shows to only work on shows of their choosing, it's Kajiura. Her lack of enthusiasm about SAO as compared to shows like F/Z or even FSN shows. I think Kajiura is more excited about the current FSN, for which she only wrote the EDs, than she was for the two SAO seasons combined.

I dropped the fucking show when Asuna offered her body to whatshisface(?). They suddenly went from barely speaking to happily married with a child who has amnesia or something. Thank god I can't really remember anymore. Please don't bother to help me remember.

Puruzi

Banned
Ojamajo Doremi 19-22
Didn't like seeing those two fight at all :(
I liked seeing how they became friends in Kindergarten though

Aiko and her mom meeting was really sweet, the stuff about the Miscarriage caught me off guard something serious though

Oyajiide no, stop.
Did he really just turn them into stone wtf

I think the part about SAO that annoys me the most is that Kajiura wrote music for it.

Why did she accept this shit of a show? If there's anyone in the industry who has the luxury of turning down shows to only work on shows of their choosing, it's Kajiura. Her lack of enthusiasm about SAO as compared to shows like F/Z or even FSN shows. I think Kajiura is more excited about the current FSN, for which she only wrote the EDs, than she was for the two SAO seasons combined.

I dropped the fucking show when Asuna offered her body to whatshisface(?). They suddenly went from barely speaking to happily married with a child who has amnesia or something. Thank god I can't really remember anymore. Please don't bother to help me remember.

It's not like FSN is actually good.😏

cajunator

Banned

LOL, true. I'll just keep on watching stuff for fun. I will have to slow down eventually due to work,so. Also, my Vita misses me dearly, well outside of using the Crunchy app on it, lol....

Makes sense, TY.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/NNz55eOMrAkiaFkyVD/browse/item/105392/4/0/0
Holy crap at that price! Why is this stuff so damn expensive!

I'll have to find it and check it out sometime...

because ANIPLEX

Yeah I dropped it shortly after that too. Just couldnt take it anymore.

Cornbread78

From what you have been watching me and you have very similar tastes in anime. At least I have a brother in arms aha, over the years I keep getting flack for enjoying the show.

Yes, they sullied Asuna those bastards.... Shoudl have been handled better, but I digress. I just wanted to to say that this still my favorite opening of any anime series so far...

"LiSA - Crossing Field" on YouTube https://youtu.be/KId6eunoiWk

Here's another show that I watch and just like SAO, I enjoy for what it is. Zero was vastly superior but I still enjoy watching this every week. I love seeing Ufotable's work, and can't wait to watch God Eater.

It was a joke, but yeah no one can stop you from enjoying a show even if others don't like it or if it's not good. I mean I really loved Buddy Complex but there are some people who are meh on it.

I can't stand shitrou.
This has a lot more to do with Type-Moon and the source material than Ufotable though and there are people that don't realize this. His whole thing of "I want to be a hero and save everyone" can get really annoying though, I won't deny that.
It was a joke, but yeah no one can stop you from enjoying a show even if others don't like it or if it's not good. I mean I really loved Buddy Complex but there are some people who are meh on it.
I've come to accept that everyone has different tastes, and everyone watches anime for different reasons. I watch it to pass time and relax for 20 or so at night. Others watch it in search of something more meaningful, and better produced. Different people, different opinions.

Anko

This has a lot more to do with Type-Moon and the source material than Ufotable though and there are people that don't realize this. His whole thing of "I want to be a hero and save everyone" can get really annoying though, I won't deny that.

Oh I'm aware. I actually watched that other one in my youth. I kinda went in for all the wrong reasons. *coughsaberxrincough*

Those were some desperate times...

And happy birthday to my fellow appreciator of lilies, cajunator.

cajunator

Banned

Anko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom