• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head Kidou Kyuukyuu Keisatsu - 1

C-dIlEXXYAEogr9.jpg:large

Oh hey look! It's a super robot anime with super robots that are actually designed look like super robots!

All this was was almost a half hour of a giant robot's heroics and I had a smile on my face the whole time.

KraytarJ

Love Tyrant 4
I must say I'm a little disappointed we're not getting twin braids but I guess heart pupil dominatrix is a good trade-off.

Saekano S2 - 03

I'm liking all of these creative cuts they have been putting into each episode. This time they did a manga effect for the fight between the girls, and it was pretty cool.

Dat ending tho.
The whole time the game was a kusoge.

Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head Kidou Kyuukyuu Keisatsu - 1

Oh hey look! It's a super robot anime with super robots that are actually designed look like super robots!

All this was was almost a half hour of a giant robot's heroics and I had a smile on my face the whole time.
That robot look like a transformers from the 2000's anime.

Transformer cybertron?

Thud

Attack on Horses S2 episodes 2-4

It's good the author already foresaw how much horses mess with animation. The animators must have been thrilled to kill some off so they have less to show.

This makes me really worried about jojo part 7 chances in succeeding in the future.

I think it's serviceable to watch and the pacing is a bit better than the last season so far. Still it feels a bit like a watered down version, which the OP kinda reflects.

As I haven't read the manga in a while now (2 years), the anime is a perfect recap for me. Maybe it's how things are telegraphed better in anime or seeing it for the second time, but yeah the reveals and twists are more obvious.

KraytarJ

Tsukigakirei 4
It's just so earnest and sweet, I'm not sure the last time I bought into an anime relationship this much. It feels awkward and complicated in ways that a relationship should, and not just because it's in an anime. But holy jeez are the CG crowds jarring every time they're on screen, I mean I loved this episode but the less time spent in crowded places the better going forward. But it's quickly rising in my seasonal rankings.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Episode 18

The whole in sync part with Astral and Yuuma was epic, hopefully they can do the same thing in the next eventual duel with Kaito. Looking so forward to it.

I think what I like most about Zexal is the number cards and how hes able to just generate cards right whenever he needs it. Yuuma is such a great duelist.

Kaito still is the best.
C-dZcoHXsAAffqZ.jpg:small

Quasar

Strike the Blood II - 05 - Sempai was said quite a bit. So all is well I guess. And I guess its not surprising that adult Natsuki-chan brought out fantasies in the poor boy.

BEYBLADE VForce #26 Cyber Dragoon Takes Control
C-db_ihXcAoExPm.jpg:small

Wow, Dragoon ought to win this, he is so much better than the Cyber Bit Beast, and Kane, come back to your senses. This was the perfect battle to also use the Underdog song. I also hope Doctor B doesnt get fired, this is kind of a good creation at least for what they are after.

Saekano S2 Ep 3

I agree with Tomoya in this case as what she did was pretty shady. Im pretty sure she will take it well as she said she would last episode.

You know, all things considered, Kaiji Tang is a pretty good Guts. Sucks that the original Voice cast apparently got screwed over by Crunchyroll, but the new cast is going a pretty good job so far.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor Episode 2 – Just the Slightest Bit of Motivation

Terrorist arc set at school??? Someone felt inspired by jpn literary mastermind Tsutomu Sato.

The magic system in this is the best in series Ive encountered since well Tsutomu Sato's work. I enjoyed Glenn Radars explanation for it as well as the examples given. His students were so mindblown.
C-dmt8HXUAAub0r.jpg:small

Yama no Susume S2 13

After finally actually watching The Episode, I'll confess I'm not as blown away by it as I was expected to be. I guess I was expecting a little more motion throughout with the star-studded list of animators who worked on it. It's unfortunate, for example, that the Hisashi Mori flashback scenes were more a series of (nicely drawn and stylized) stills than actually animated. It's still working within the restraints of typical TV anime. That said, it is undoubtedly at a level of attractiveness above the already normally attractive show. The drawings have that extra level of refinement about the linework with more individualistic expressiveness:

as well as more elaborate detail in things like Hinata's hair here:

The bits of motion that are there have an added looseness to them. Plus the stylized scenes do look really great:

and there's great photographic ambition than typical which works really well in presenting the fireflies;

So overall a very good episode with strong execution of an adorable story, even if it isn't quite the masterpiece I imagined it would be.

WorldEnd: What are you doing at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? Episode 1

Disfeatured is an interesting way to define lacking fur.

The magic was good but needs to be shown more. Not really sold or liking the babysitting the girls aspect.

The world is interesting.

In it just for Tatsuya Katou music.

I don't mind a deep voice oreki. It was either that or bad British accent if they really wanted to make the sherlock Holmes connection

It doesn't really give a lot so it would be premature of me to write the whole thing off. I will definitely do a watch with the English dub. But I am definitely, so far, a much bigger fan of the original Japanese cast.

Even apart from the individual voices, it's clear throughout that the voice actors are having to contort the natural rhythm of English to fit the animation timing. A lot of lines here end up sounding more rushed than they should. This is the fundamental reason why I tend to avoid English anime dubs. It's certainly possible for them to work out fairly well with a good and attentive scriptwriter and voice director, but most dubs end up distracting me due to less than ideal handling of the English timing.

Even apart from the individual voices, it's clear throughout that the voice actors are having to contort the natural rhythm of English to fit the animation timing. A lot of lines here end up sounding more rushed than they should. This is the fundamental reason why I tend to avoid English anime dubs. It's certainly possible for them to work out fairly well with a good and attentive scriptwriter and voice director, but most dubs end up distracting me due to less than ideal handling of the English timing.
Atlus should have hired you. Awkward English everywhere.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor Episode 2 – Just the Slightest Bit of Motivation

Terrorist arc set at school??? Someone felt inspired by jpn literary mastermind Tsutomu Sato.

The magic system in this is the best in series Ive encountered since well Tsutomu Sato's work. I enjoyed Glenn Radars explanation for it as well as the examples given. His students were so mindblown.
C-dmt8HXUAAub0r.jpg:small

On a scale of Asterisk War(trash) to High School DxD or Chivalry of a Failed Knight(good), how is Akashic Records?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom