• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm four episodes in now and the best thing aboI can say about this series is the OP is really metal, but of course it's also another fucking recap of the Golden Age arc. lol

The Royal Tutor Episode 2 – The Prince Interviews

Aoi Shouta's Licht asking THAT question, lol, felt funnier just because of all the other roles Ive heard him play. Kai is becoming my favorite, I want to see how far hes changed at the final episode.

Yakuza 0 Chapter 12
C-di_YPb_XUAAd_Ezg.jpg

I don't know Majima. You might find that kind of person romantic someday.

Also, maybe I should have told
Sera
I wasn't alone. Whoops.

Cornbread78

Devil is a Part Timer ep.12-END
Overall it was enjoyable, but not as good as I anticipated. It probably doesn't help that I've been watching DxD at the same time, so the whole demon/angel/fallen angel stuff has gotten stale for me. It was pretty to look at and some of the comedy was good, but the tone felt all over the place at times.. There was obviously more show planned or the manga gies well past where they stopped because it felt like there was more story they wanted to tell with Mauo's harem. I'll watch a second season if it comes to that...

zulux21

Devil is a Part Timer ep.12-END

Overall it was enjoyable, but not as good as I anticipated. It probably doesn't help that I've been watching DxD at the same time, so the whole demon/angel/fallen angel stuff has gotten stale for me. It was pretty to look at and some of the comedy was good, but the tone felt all over the place at times.. There was obviously more show planned or the manga gies well past where they stopped because it felt like there was more story they wanted to tell with Mauo's harem. I'll watch a second season if it comes to that...

well it's a light novel series, so some of the tone is because you were hitting a climax and then hit the next book :p

but yeah... sadly there is little to no chance of a second season.
at least the light novels are being translated and released in english.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
well it's a light novel series, so some of the tone is because you were hitting a climax and then hit the next book :p

but yeah... sadly there is little to no chance of a second season.
at least the light novels are being translated and released in english.

This one climaxes around episode 4-5 though.

Tsuki ga Kirei 1-2

I really enjoyed this high budget LINE advertisement.

Watched it out of boredom but I'm starting to really dig it. It helps that the two leads are interesting kids instead of being a bunch of whiners. I really like how the lead guy air boxes when he gets really excited. It reminds me of when I was his age and how happy it made me when I was texting with my crush. Its a neat little touch and gives him a lot of depth.

Will follow.

Devil is a part timer started out so strong in the humor department with a strong small cast of characters and a decent premise for a 12 episode show.

Then they kept adding more and more characters and it culminated on that priest girl who was just awful.

KraytarJ

Madoka Magica 8
My thought process this episode:

Hey Sayaka seems really cool actually, maybe even more so than Mami but man is something bad ever gonna happen to her.

Then:

Things are looking really down for Sayaka, and it's probably going to end with her being killed by another magical girl after she does something horrible.

Then:

Well I really can't say I expected her to become a witch but that's really the ultimate way for her to go out.

But yeah Kyubey is just a shitty as it seemed, basically the goal is not to make magical girls but witches. Of course my two favourite characters so far are the one that died and the one that became a witch.

Something about the CG people in Tsukigakirei bothers me more than most typical CG use in anime.

download.png

Maybe it's the fact that these CG golem people all seem to move at exactly the same speed and sometimes in unison, but boy is it noticeable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Something about the CG people in Tsukigakirei bothers me more than most typical CG use in anime.

https://s30.postimg.org/xmtdnlyup/download.png

Maybe it's the fact that these CG golem people all seem to move at exactly the same speed and sometimes in unison, but boy is it noticeable.
I don't get why this still happens, after three or four years of this problem existing. Like are they animating all the people at the same time and it takes too much computing power to render each individual background extra at a different speed or at least a different step cycle?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Clockwork Planet 04
This is mostly just a dumpy LN show but the music is really amazing. It's upbeat and kind of jazzy at times while it still holds on to this ticking beat that taps into the wonder and curiosity the show is trying to sell.

Im really liking Boruto, but man the disconnect between Father and Son is killing me. Like I get the idea that Boruto is a pain like Naruto was but you would think there would be a way for Naruto to connect with his kiddo and shit.

Oh wait this is a Shounen series that would make too much sense.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still find it hilarious Kemono Friends was just a dead smart device game before the anime started.

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine 04

Show is in a great place since the princes and the tutor all fully get along with each other now. I was honestly expecting it to take longer for him to fully gain their trust.

Sakura Quest 04

This feels like a pointless battle because everything they've shown about this town now just leads me to the belief it is one of those typical little towns in the world that is forever on the edge of death.

Sagrada Reset 04

I feel like I missed something here, this all didn't really happen because someone was looking for a cat, right? About 2-3 people died as a part of all this insanity.

Renai Boukun 04

download.png

are you sure this isnt a screenshot from Persona 5?

Quasar

I'm glad, despite all the change Funimation has had to go through, they hold strong and keep to their core value of not letting anyone outside of their region watch their videos on YouTube!

What is up with that? Region locking advertisements.

Cornbread78

Clockwork Planet 04
This is mostly just a dumpy LN show but the music is really amazing. It's upbeat and kind of jazzy at times while it still holds on to this ticking beat that taps into the wonder and curiosity the show is trying to sell.

There's something endeering about it tgat makes it a fun watch. I wish I could put my finger on it, but yeah I'm enjoying it..

Moaradin

Pls be a season about SS1 characters. Or fuck, even a whole new cast is fine. Anything but JIGEN HOW ARE YOU.

Don't see how that would make sense considering they were setting up a sequel for quite a while during TRY. They will probably bring back more of the original cast as supporting characters again.

Franziska

Gekkan-Shoujo Nozaki-kun 06

Waka praising Lorelei had me in splits. As did the Senpai's senpai-ing when they were outdone in filling screentones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom