• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

HcMlW33.jpg

Because you twist off your sister's tsun outer shell to reveal the creamy, dere center?

....I'll show myself out.

cj_iwakura

It's nice that the newer season of Crystal is doing it a bit better, but it still doesn't sound like it's for me. Maybe I'll watch it eventually, but it's not a priority.

S is one of my favorite seasons, so I had to see what they did to it. They ruined R, but S is... interesting. Nowhere near as good, but interesting.

Very, very much lacks Tomoe. Crazy Tomoe hasn't appeared ONCE so far.

zulux21

They announced their plans last AX. I have a feeling they might have an update at this year's AX. This is kind of dumb that it's taken this long for a release.

Dumb? it's the usual.

ignoring the fact that they are new to this, established companies like sentai, funimation, viz ect all take a while between announcement and release.

I mean one punch man that was a fairly popular show was announced as picked up by Viz in oct 2015.

even though they were an established company and they had a tv deal for it, it wasn't until july that they got it dubbed and they only recently in 2017 released it on home video.

Sentai for example announced they were dubbing shokugeki no soma like 16 months ago and aren't releaing it until august.

even funimation who does the broadcast dubs still are at leat a year between getting the series and releasing it on home video.

thus again,nothing dumb, it's the usual.

KraytarJ

Re: Creators 6
Holy shit there was actually a fight, and all it took was a guy named Blitz Talker to stop the talking blitz. Maybe we can have more of that next time?

Beyblade VForce 51 [END]

I liked the original character design a bit more but the upgraded animations and enhanced technology for the Beyblade moments made it really good, also the character designs did grow on me. I liked the Zeo plot but kind of wish it as done differently, kind of felt like it came out of nowhere in episode 50
hes a robot, reveal

I hope S3 returns Kai to his awesome glory, Ray is good too. Definitely a good season and I wish I so got into Beyblade much much earlier. This was great.

10/10.

Aki-at

Little Witch Academia - 14

New intro, with the way it plays I guess Akko and Diana team up at some point! I quite liked this episode, I guess Corix was pretty cool and Akko managing to get under Diana's skin gave this episode a slight edge on the other episodes in the series (Other than the awesome Sucy episode) so far the second cour is off to a strong start.

Chindogg

Oreimo was a scathing dressing down of modern otakuism disguised as a simple romcom. The level to which Kirino and Kyousuke were taken down due to the corrupting influence of modern anime and its surrounding culture should be a warning to everyone who wishes to engage in the hobby.

The ending and the events leading up to it were just a downward spiral of degeneracy.

From what I remember, the mangaka wanted to end it
with them together
but weren't allowed
due to the potential backlash.

Come to think of it, making the characters in Eromanga-Sensei not blood related is probably how he gets around this problem.

JulianImp

From what I remember, the mangaka wanted to end it
with them together
but weren't allowed
due to the potential backlash.

Come to think of it, making the characters in Eromanga-Sensei not blood related is probably how he gets around this problem.

Yeah, because people who've lived as family together for most of their lives getting together isn't technically incest... even though it pretty much still is. I really hate how much this stupid trope gets invoked in anime to allow writers to write incest in all but name...

What I do find kind of funny, however, is that mythology has lots of insances of the opposite: boy and girl get it on, and shit really hits the fan once they realize they were actually blood-related.

Chindogg

Yeah, because people who've lived as family together for most of their lives getting together isn't technically incest... even though it pretty much still is. I really hate how much this stupid trope gets invoked in anime to allow writers to write incest in all but name...

What I do find kind of funny, however, is that mythology has lots of insances of the opposite: boy and girl get it on, and shit really hits the fan once they realize they were actually blood-related.

Eeeeeeh. Have you read the bible?

Steins;Gate Episode 7 and 8
The show has always been interesting, but things are really starting to get freaky.

Alice to Zouroku Episode 6
This is more what I thought the show would be - a slice of life with a touch of magic, like Poco's Udon World. I know some have complained that Alice to Zouroku is boring, but I'm enjoying it so far and am hoping
the mysterious company comes back into the picture eventually, or we at least find out more about it.

Cornbread78

Did Kiritobread ever take a look at or avoid Yosuga no Sora?

I watched the first episode last year and nearly smashed my phone when twin sis went into his room in the middle of the night and asked him to make her come.....

Yeah, haven't gone back yet...

Someday I'll get brave again, but too much other stuff to watch first...

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 56

So Rei was an American super idol before Elza-sama reduced her to a mere secretary. Not exactly making your best and brightest shine there Elza-sama. What is her secret seduction technique? And just how does she plan to make the transfer students stay? Elza-sama may be the villain, but Ako has been acting a lot more evil lately. I hope she eventually tries to just blow up Venus Ark. She even said she'd sink it herself if necessary. Rei vs Mahiru on who Karate vs Kendo. They're both wrong since Taekwondo is superior to all. Hopefully they get a proper match later. Yume seems to keep forgetting that Koharu is The Enemy. And not just a grunt, but a rising fashion designer for the big boss. Kind of a disjointed episode overall, with Mahiru learning some sort of lesson about balance and lighting, but with so many things I don't think the message got across properly. Ah well, slippery cats will always be fun.

Yeah, your almost at the point if no return... It's going to get tough to stop watching soon...

Just make sure you watch the OVA when you are done.

Oh really? Thanks for letting me know. I was actually just wondering today if the OVAs were worth watching as I was looking up the regular eps. There are multiple ones though right? Is it all worth watching?

Oh really? Thanks for letting me know. I was actually just wondering today if the OVAs were worth watching as I was looking up the regular eps. There are multiple ones though right? Is it all worth watching?

One OVA pretty much works as a nice epilogue to the main story. The other is a must watch if you plan to watch the kind-of/sort-of sequel, Steins;Gate 0, when it comes out.

Kickz

InuYasha: The Final Act Ep 1

Taken me awhile to finally get started on this, its awesome they got the entire dub team back after all that time. Seemed like they crammed every character into this ep lol.

Grimoire of Zero 6 -

Definitely the best episode so far. Watching Thirteen put Albus in his place was great, dude really knows how to speak. Hopefully this isn't the end for Albus tho, that would be too sad, especially with the way his final conversation between him and mercenary went. And of course the ending with Zero and Mercenary was great, really feel for both of them in this situation. It's not surprising that Mercenary deep down still had doubts about her considering his past, and Zero having lived in solitude for so long probably can't quite understand that, plus she doesn't really know much about his past either. Obliviously they will reconcile next week, but I wonder how that will happen exactly.

KraytarJ

Eccentric Family 2-1
Nice to see the world expanded out beyond the small focus of S1, with a bit more focus on Tengu.

Eccentric Family 2-2
I'm actually really appreciating Yasaburo more as a character, I tend to kind of overlook MCs if the surrounding cast is strong enough but Yasaburo's a quite interesting fellow.

Cornbread78

One OVA pretty much works as a nice epilogue to the main story. The other is a must watch if you plan to watch the kind-of/sort-of sequel, Steins;Gate 0, when it comes out.

That pretty much sums it I up. I was referring to the epilogue episode though. It's rare to get one as good as that one is.

Quasar

Silver Spoon S2 ep.4-5

This show just keeps getting better and it looks like the ship is starting to sail... hopefully, for Hachi's sake!

:)

Glad you're continuing to enjoy this. I liked S2 quite a bit more than 1 and was quite happy to see them treat some farming issues I'm familiar with pretty well.

Line_HTX

InuYasha: The Final Act Ep 1

Taken me awhile to finally get started on this, its awesome they got the entire dub team back after all that time. Seemed like they crammed every character into this ep lol.

Yep, the first episode and some others had way too hectic pacing where you couldn't catch your breath to process what the hell just happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom