• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square announces Hanjuku Hero 4 for PS2

From Quiter

* Hanjuku Hero 4: The Seven Hanjuku Heroes
Square Enix, release date TBA

In the last game Waka prepared to marry Katori Ine of the 3D World. (???) But before the wedding ceremony can take place, a new danger threatens the Almamoon Kingdom.

- Takes place across seven planets

- 100 vs. 100 battles. Chaotic battle scenes combine 2D and 3D graphics

- Egg Monster vs. Egg Monster battles return in this game.

- Will incorporate the winners from the recent egg monster contest

- A movie will be shown at the Tokyo Game Show

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
From Quiter

* Hanjuku Hero 4: The Seven Hanjuku Heroes
Square Enix, release date TBA

In the last game Waka prepared to marry Katori Ine of the 3D World. (???) But before the wedding ceremony can take place, a new danger threatens the Almamoon Kingdom.

- Takes place across seven planets

- 100 vs. 100 battles. Chaotic battle scenes combine 2D and 3D graphics

- Egg Monster vs. Egg Monster battles return in this game.

- Will incorporate the winners from the recent egg monster contest

- A movie will be shown at the Tokyo Game Show

The game before it was Hanjuku Hero vs. 3D- if i remember correctly (never actually played it), you, the good guys, were all 2D and the baddies were all 3D.

My roommate brought the game back from his trip to Japan and I can honestly say that this is the best packaging any game has gotten, EVER.

hanjuku3dle.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Mister Zimbu said:
The game before it was Hanjuku Hero vs. 3D- if i remember correctly (never actually played it), you, the good guys, were all 2D and the baddies were all 3D.

My roommate brought the game back from his trip to Japan and I can honestly say that this is the best packaging any game has gotten, EVER.

hanjuku3dle.jpg

I've got to play that soon. That's actually the SE package, but it was only $10 more, so I couldn't resist. And damn is it bizarre.
Anyway, the Hanjuku series is great fun, but I doubt we'll ever see it in the states. I've worked (sparingly) on a translation for the original NES game (should finish that someday) and was asking my sensei for help with a couple of lines of dialogue. She was laughing the whole time. She tells me it uses a lot of puns and a ... I forget how she put it, but essentially a pretty weird way to speak Japanese.

Edit: I forgot about Egg Monster Heroes for the DS, that had english shots, but who knows if we'll get it. Although, since this is Hanjyuku Eiyuu 4, and I haven't looked too deeply into Egg Monster Heroes, I have no idea what it could be.

Top Bottom