• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix has not approved its characters for Astro Bot

NanaMiku

World of Final Fantasy.
J44yXHn.jpeg
Great game btw. So many funny moments.

XOHwa02PUPeNT2qGlq5eKf8m8y08nx-w20EDdchVsY8.jpg

WoFFMirageDescriptions.jpg

There's also a secret boss that's from Xenogears

C9535A5CD8AB0203611ED8DCC52C7E58B321915F

86-woffpostg(1)-086.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sony: Hey MS can we put some of the characters you bought that was made famous on Playstation in Astro Bot?
MS: Sure, no problem

Sony: Hey Square old Buddy!
As we go back a long time & we're still best friends with so much heritage we're thought it would be awesome if we put some of your iconic Playstation characters you made in Astro Bot, Cool right?
Square:
giphy.gif

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
They likely want some sorta of marketing / licensing cut or in the middle of negotiating it

Square has done cross promotional stuff before.

I didn't mean they don't want chibi, I mean they want to preserve their art style, even though Astrobot is popular you might not want your art style (normal or chibi) to be changed in another game. As much as I love AstroBot I don't like its art style so I can understand. But yeah it's highly possible that it's just a matter of money.
They didn't have a problem for little big planet dlc. It was done and that was just costumes wigs and props.

NanaMiku

Is it actually a good game? I thought it was a children's side story thing. How long is the game? Wonder if it's on switch.
The story is pretty simple. The game didn't take it seriously so it's quite funny. I had low expectations with the game but had fun with it.

Madflavor

Gold Member
I literally just had a moment, a premonition perhaps, that SE probably won't survive the next 5 years. Just this feeling came over me.

oooooh.gif
=

Let's see what happens...

Nydius

Are there other 3rd party franchises who have included their characters in Astrobot?

Ken and Ryu from Street Fighter.
Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire from Resident Evil.
The cat from Stray.
Kiryu from Yakuza.
Dante from DMC.
Joker from Persona 5.
Crash Bandicoot (currently owned by Microsoft).
Tony Hawk (also currently owned by Microsoft).

Probably more I’m forgetting.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Understandable. S-E’s current disposition is alignment with PS is hurting their ability to expand their audience, so the impression of being wed to another’s brand is a sensitive matter.

Plus S-E has their own collaboration series in Dissidia, so there is likely some concern about cannibalizing their own franchise.

That said, give us a f*cking Vivi astrobot YOU FUCKS.

There is stuff in smash. It makes no sense.

Understandable. S-E’s current disposition is alignment with PS is hurting their ability to expand their audience, so the impression of being wed to another’s brand is a sensitive matter.

Plus S-E has their own collaboration series in Dissidia, so there is likely some concern about cannibalizing their own franchise.

Lmao noone gives a shit about dissidia tbh

Neofire

Boy you should change your name to Stretch Armstrong because GD that was a reach. Sony is hurting SE's business? 🤣

Top Bottom