• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox 64 3D |OT| Online? Can't let you do that, Star Fox!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kagari said:
390916251.jpg

I've got my N64 cart ready!
I like how that cart cover has no starfox, no arwings, just a crappy enemy you dispatch five minutes into the game.

Salsa

LiK said:
this may be the first OT made up entirely of quotes, LOL

Willy105 will go down in history as the one gaffer who could made a post with just quotes and no characters

even if its doctored

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Been playing this since the Japanese version came out and got the English version last week for review, nostalgia all up in this bitch.

New voices are just different, not bad - weird though.

Diortem7

I think it would a smart move for Nintendo to reuse this game's engine Majora's Mask style and make a proper sequel to SF64. No over-the-top dramatic plot, and no on-foot missions. Make it take place before Adventures, or better yet retcon everything after 64. It would be easy money for Nintendo and make fans happy.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
chubigans said:
I like how that cart cover has no starfox, no arwings, just a crappy enemy you dispatch five minutes into the game.

There's an Arwing on there, it just got ESRB'blocked.

watershed

Banned
Diortem7 said:
I think it would a smart move for Nintendo to reuse this game's engine Majora's Mask style and make a proper sequel to SF64. No over-the-top dramatic plot, and no on-foot missions. Make it take place before Adventures, or better yet retcon everything after 64. It would be easy money for Nintendo and make fans happy.
Well Miyamoto has said the sales of 643D will determine if we get more star fox games so you'd better pick this one up if you want more star fox.

Amagon

Kagari said:
So now that the thread is derailed... can we get back on topic please?
But the other OT was cooler, fuck. Any hoot, I would totattly get this game but will wait for Black Friday sales to come along so I can get it cheaper.

Boney said:
oh god my ex has all my n64 games!
You have my sympathy.

Emitan

The plan of using GAF drama to drum up interest in Star Fox threads worked wonderfully. And they're none the wiser. Ahahahahaha!

Now where's my paycheck, Nintendo?

I so can't wait to see who can get the highest scores on GAF for this.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Billychu said:
The plan of using GAF drama to drum up interest in Star Fox threads worked wonderfully. And they're none the wiser. Ahahahahaha!

Now where's my paycheck, Nintendo?

I so can't wait to see who can get the highest scores on GAF for this.

I'm going to smoke you all in online multiplayer!

;_;

Diortem7

artwalknoon said:
Well Miyamoto has said the sales of 643D will determine if we get more star fox games so you'd better pick this one up if you want more star fox.
This remake looks fantastic, so I'll definitely be picking it up. And I am aware of Nintendo's concern of the franchise's success, which is all the more reason why I think they should reuse this remake's engine for a future sequel. I think it would be a good cost-effective move.

Anth0ny

I'll be picking this up. Haven't played Star Fox 64 in a while so this should be fun.

Does it have the original voice acting? Is so, I could call this the definitive version of the game.

Emitan

Anth0ny said:
I'll be picking this up. Haven't played Star Fox 64 in a while so this should be fun.

Does it have the original voice acting? Is so, I could call this the definitive version of the game.
New voice acting but with the old voice actors. It sounds pretty decent. Only people like me will even notice I would think.

Luigi87

So I think it can be said... Billychu is James, Willy105 is Peppy, and Copernicus is Pigma.

See, Billychu is the ace, however he got shot down.
Willy105 lived on to pass along his legacy.
Copernicus... Well, I don't think I need to explain!

WillyFive

From the N64 official site:

Now you can see, hear and feel the power of the Nintendo 64! This masterpiece from Shigeru Miyamoto will launch you into a futuristic world of space combat like you've never experienced before. Combine great real-time 3-D game play with the innovative Rumble Pak Controller Accessory (available separately), and you'll be immersed in the interplanetary struggles of the Star Fox Team. And now it's available at the low Player's Choice price of $39.95!

The low price of $39.95!

StuBurns said:
Peter from Fringe

Just so that this doesn't go unnoticed, it was a good reference.

Luigi87 said:
So I think it can be said... Billychu is James, Willy105 is Peppy, and Copernicus is Pigma.

Very good.

Emitan

Luigi87 said:

See, Billychu is the ace, however he got shot down.
Willy105 lived on to pass along his legacy.
Copernicus... Well, I don't think I need to explain!
I need sunglasses on my avatar now to commemorate this day.

WillyFive

Nintendo's 3DS remakes have brought great stuff, but I think they could have been so much more.

They had the perfect opportunity to finish OoT as originally intended, but they barely did anything to it. Star Fox 64 3D makes the OoT remake look like the laziest thing ever, but it still could have been much more, with online play, and adding in Star Fox 1 and 2 in there as well. Also, real orchestra music, instead of just improved MIDI music.

They went all the trouble of getting the original actors to re-record their lines, but the stuff they overlooked is so obvious.

Billychu said:
I need sunglasses on my avatar now to commemorate this day.

Toph is blind though.

dwu8991

Banned
AlexMeloche said:
Never played the original, pre-ordered this one for <30$. mybodyisready.jpg

Well, there's a lot to like about Starfox 64 and you can relive the game in 3D which can't be a bad thing!

Anth0ny

Billychu said:
New voice acting but with the old voice actors. It sounds pretty decent. Only people like me will even notice I would think.

I did play the shit out of Star Fox 64, so I think I'd notice too. It's my favorite voice acting in all of video games.

Speaking of which... they're probably going to censor Pigma's line about Fox's dad. I can't see them getting away with that again :lol

i'm still pissed this is just coming out now :( it has been ready since July

I don't have my 3DS anymore :'( , i'll just play the 64 version and snes star fox til i get a 3DS again in November

hatchx

Banned
Willy105 said:
Nintendo's 3DS remakes have brought great stuff, but I think they could have been so much more.

They had the perfect opportunity to finish OoT as originally intended, but they barely did anything to it. Star Fox 64 3D makes the OoT remake look like the laziest thing ever, but it still could have been much more, with online play, and adding in Star Fox 1 and 2 in there as well. Also, real orchestra music, instead of just improved MIDI music.

They went all the trouble of getting the original actors to re-record their lines, but the stuff they overlooked is so obvious.

Glass half empty huh?

Top Bottom