• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Resurgence |OT| Where No Man Has Gone Before... The Epic Games Store

thatJohann

Got this on sale for PS5. Having a blast. So enjoyable. And I’m not even a Star Trek fan. Great acting. Looks great too.

Pleasant surprise. So far right up there with my favorite telltale games. Can’t believe I missed this game.

Got this on sale for PS5. Having a blast. So enjoyable. And I’m not even a Star Trek fan. Great acting. Looks great too.

Pleasant surprise. So far right up there with my favorite telltale games. Can’t believe I missed this game.
It's one of my favorites from last year, I platinumed it pretty quickly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love this game still. Played it last year on PC and really enjoyed it (despite the jank at times). Got tired of waiting for it to go up on Steam, so I bought a physical PS5 copy for cheap and have been replaying it. Story is really good, going for some different character interactions this time and I'm surprised at how different it can be.

Will probably triple dip when this gets released on Steam.

thatJohann

Omg this is soooooo goooooood!

Top tier story telling. Loving this!!!

73% completed and don’t want this to end.

Edit. Just finished this. What a fucking ride. 10/10 for me. Can’t recommend enough if you like narrative choose your own adventure games.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Somehow missed that this game came to Steam a few months ago... Marketing is hard, I guess?

Anyway - it's on sale for $12.49 which is definitely low enough for me to recommend to even the most casual of Star Trek fans.

Vlodril

Somehow missed that this game came to Steam a few months ago... Marketing is hard, I guess?

Anyway - it's on sale for $12.49 which is definitely low enough for me to recommend to even the most casual of Star Trek fans.

It's pretty good too, if you like Star Trek at least.

JayK47

Odd that it doesn't explain what comes with the Captain's Edition. I will need to check this out at some point. Definitely not enough Star Trek games.

Vlodril

Can anyone who hates NuTrek tell me what they thought of it?

I don't hate new trek (didn't like discovery that much couldn't finish it) but this game is set in old trek era. Has some chars from the old shows (not sure if you want to be spoiled). They do a good job with them. It def feels a lot more Old trek than new.

jshackles

Can anyone who hates NuTrek tell me what they thought of it?
I hate NuTrek, well except for Lower Decks. Discovery is the worst abomination of the franchise I've ever sat through. The Picard show absolutely shat on the legacy of TNG to the point that I refuse to consider it cannon.

This game, however, is great. It has no references to any NuTrek shows or characters at all (or even Enterprise). In fact, this could have come out any time post-Voyager, when it takes place chronologically in the timeline. Some recurring cameo characters, like Spock and Riker, round out the original cast.

This is definitely a Telltale-like game though. I've played through it twice, and while there were some subtle differences - especially in how characters interacted with your decisions - all roads led to the same conclusion in the end.

Odd that it doesn't explain what comes with the Captain's Edition. I will need to check this out at some point. Definitely not enough Star Trek games.

Very strange they don't mention it on the page. I did find this in the announcement on Steam though:

- Dramatic Labs is excited to offer a special Captain's Edition alongside the standard version of the game. It includes a digital art book brimming with over 100 pages of concept art and developer notes (in English and German). Plus, you'll get the original soundtrack featuring ten epic pieces of music, specially remastered by composer Jared Emerson-Johnson and performed by a live orchestra.
Whether or not that's worth the extra $2.50 is really up to you. Personally I'd skip it.

Top Bottom