• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star War Jedi Survivor is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 17, 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will launch on September 17 for $49.99, publisher Electronic Arts and developer Respawn Entertainment announced. Digital pre-orders are available now.

Last edited:

Wooxsvan

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

IDWhite

They choose to complicate their lives by trying to make a port for last gen consoles instead of fixing the game on PS5/XBS's and PC.

It is clear that it is not a game that was designed for the current generation. But if they can't manage to stream a bunch of textures with the PS5 architecture or get the LOD to work properly, i can't imagine what atrocity we are going to see on PS4.

Fbh

Gold Member
I wonder if the PS4/XBO versions will also run on the PS5/XSX.

They should.
I'm actually curious how it will look/run.
If you can get a version with scaled back visuals but locked 60fps and real resolution instead of ugly upscaled crap it might be a decent version

Weird. This is the first time I see a current gen game get ported to last gen. Are the any more examples of this?

Hogwarts legacy also came quite a bit later to PS4 and X1, and it was surprisingly decent port.

Last edited:

skit_data

Gold Member
Wouldn't surprise me if the downport is pretty decent. Didn't it have big issues on both consoles and PC? Probably somewhat rushed leading to poor optimization no matter the hardware

Roufianos

Lol. Probably won't even sell 500k copies. How is this worth the time, and the inevitable bad press when it runs like ass?

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I actually don't hate this route. At least they prioritize the current gen version and fix the performance hiccups beforehand. Imagine what a disaster it would be if last gen were lunched on day one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let me introduce you to the Switch sometime....
Sure the Switch is old in terms of currently supported hardware but it's still 3 years, 3 months, and 16 days newer than the PS4

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am excited because this gives me tiny hope that they will optimize this game. It is still a fucking mess performance-wise. Even with a 4090/7800X3D setup.

//DEVIL//

Yay what an amazing news. We been waiting for this for years! Finally happening !

That desperate for some sales ? Hope it flops and blow up on ur face and get fired . Whoever approved this project.

What a waste of resources . Idiots

Wow. Can't wait to blast through the galaxy as Cal Kestis on my trusty PS4 in 2024. Better start practicing my blaster skills now.

Kerotan

They clearly regret not making this cross Gen. Couldn't blame them for thinking it was launching far enough to be next gen only.

Publishers will learn from this. The PS6 will be getting cross gen games right up until the PS6 pro.

digdug2

Wow, what the fuck? Can we throw out last gen consoles already?

Don't get me wrong I loved my PS4 and then my PS4 Pro but seriously, can we just have some more new games on the current consoles please?
To be fair, it's coming out a half year later because they probably finally figured out how to cut out a bunch of shit on the backend and keep most of the core experience.

Last edited:

brenobnfm

I mean it was a game that ran perfectly in every current platform, incluing the most powerful PCs ever made, should as well port to consoles from more than a decade ago too as well.

Top Bottom