• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star War Jedi Survivor is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 17, 2024

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It doesn’t look much better than the first game (in fact, it look worse?). It’s probably made with the same engine(unreal 4.3?). Reducing distant details and turning off ray tracing will help it a lot. The first game ran at 45-60 fps on PS4 Pro, 30 fps on Ps4, so why not? Ps4 can handle Astro Bot and Demons Souls remake too imho. Games used to skip older consoles because they wouldn’t run on them; now, it’s to sell new consoles.

daclynk

Brah, this is an EA game. Use your references correctly
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This game really suffered on the CPU side.
I'm curious to see it running on the Jaguar.
It did but mostly in RT mode and only in the big koboh town area.

In most indoor levels, the framerate held a rock solid 60 fps as long as the rt was turned off and gpu was available. played recently after the dlss patch and it was massively improved since launch.

they seem to have figured out more issues and are going to be releasing another pc patch which should improve cpu performance even further.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I am very interested to see how they manage to get this running on the PS4. You can always downgrade graphics as we've seen in several switch ports, but at what cost?

the game uses a lot of very high quality textures so you can easily downgrade the quality of those textures to get around the smaller vram budgets, but the game's asset quality is ridiculously high. its not just fancy textures, the geometry is just off the charts. they would have to downgrade the shit out of most of this stuff. PS5 runs this at 1080p 60 fps without rt, so the pro can probably run this at 900p 30-40 fps without much downgrades. x1x should be 1080p 30 fps. But base consoles are likely going to be sub 720p and im not sure if the lighting, draw distance and asset quality are going to

then there is the chase sequence towards the end of the movie which will definitely need loading screens a la the mgs4 chase sequence. i wonder how the portal sequence would work too. figured it was an ssd thing but after seeing ratchet running on hdds maybe they can figure out a way around it. it did take them 1.5 years to make it so they probably redesigned the whole setpiece.

Anyway, i love how gorgeous this game looks and especially the model quality in the indoor bases. it would be a shame to see it get downgraded and have people experience what we got to play on next gen consoles and pc.

K1jdC2e.gif

TRp7TFp.gif

G8RYWfX.gif

Trunx81

On a serious note, as someone who hasn’t made the jump to current gen yet, I’m really looking forward to see how it will perform. Bought the first one last year and finished the story mode. It was ok (apart from some serious bugs - first time I experienced the T-pose from some NPCs - and the slopes), so if this is on sale I might grab it to finish the story.

I am very interested to see how they manage to get this running on the PS4. You can always downgrade graphics as we've seen in several switch ports, but at what cost?

the game uses a lot of very high quality textures so you can easily downgrade the quality of those textures to get around the smaller vram budgets, but the game's asset quality is ridiculously high. its not just fancy textures, the geometry is just off the charts. they would have to downgrade the shit out of most of this stuff. PS5 runs this at 1080p 60 fps without rt, so the pro can probably run this at 900p 30-40 fps without much downgrades. x1x should be 1080p 30 fps. But base consoles are likely going to be sub 720p and im not sure if the lighting, draw distance and asset quality are going to

then there is the chase sequence towards the end of the movie which will definitely need loading screens a la the mgs4 chase sequence. i wonder how the portal sequence would work too. figured it was an ssd thing but after seeing ratchet running on hdds maybe they can figure out a way around it. it did take them 1.5 years to make it so they probably redesigned the whole setpiece.

Anyway, i love how gorgeous this game looks and especially the model quality in the indoor bases. it would be a shame to see it get downgraded and have people experience what we got to play on next gen consoles and pc.

K1jdC2e.gif

TRp7TFp.gif

G8RYWfX.gif
Ps4 version will be 480p and we will party like its 1999.

Top Bottom