• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star War Jedi Survivor is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 17, 2024

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Oh boy

Remember this on PS5 ?

star-wars-jedi-ocalaly-optymalizacja-3.jpg

Can they make it even more of a pixel soup?

200.gif

Fake

Gold Member
Most of you will change tone when they announce the Nintendo Switch version.

BS just like Mortal Kombat not releasing on base PS4/Xbox because nExT gEn, but also Switch. 'We need to drop last gen in favor of the next gen, bruh but also we made the Nintendo Switch version"

Last edited:

intbal

Looking forward to the DF video about the last gen version. This will be good!
I doubt they do one.
Maybe a segment in a DF weekly, though.
There are plenty of recent games that they've never taken a look at. Banishers, for example.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Hogwarts Legacy had a later release on XB1/PS4. Blasphemous 2 got a late last gen port. Not many examples.
Splitgate 2 next year (!!!) should be a doozy considering it is Unreal Engine 5 yet it gets a PS4/XBO port.

Imagine buying your PS4/XBO in 2013. You got some impressive mileage out of those machines.

Oh, new PC patch… Let me guess, they lower on PC the settings to the PS4 version settings and problem solved…

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's fair to make games for last gen just because it isn't as good as current gen doesn't mean it's bad.

Considering the game is a stuttering jank fest on PC, I wonder how those consoles will hold up. Might make the resolution Wii style 480p or something. They did say they are releasing a patch for PC that will apparently help, *ONLY* after about 15 months. Shameful for a massive company.

"Let's release a more than a year and a half old game on hardware from 15 years ago."
Why are devs and publishers so delusional these days?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Wow, what the fuck? Can we throw out last gen consoles already?

Don't get me wrong I loved my PS4 and then my PS4 Pro but seriously, can we just have some more new games on the current consoles please?

How does this impact you in any way?

It’s a port of a current gen game. It doesn’t block any game from coming to your console, and the game was designed with current gen in mind.

It’s a port of a current gen game. It doesn’t block any game from coming to your console, and the game was designed with current gen in mind.
Imagine the resources required for doing this. I can't imagine this is a small or simple task. Plus these studios are simply still looking into the past. It's unnecessary waste of time.

It's why we never get any new innovation for games like MLB The Show. So yes, it does directly impact me.

The more time these studios waste doing dumb shit like this, the less the industry will move forward.

Portugeezer

Much lower install base besides this was also announced last year in August.

Most PS5 owners probably were active on PS4 before. Most new releases sell better on the new consoles.

PS4 version won't do much if it underperformed. They probably planned a last gen versions early in development, put it in pause to finish next gen, and just slowly polished it off over this year.

Ozriel

M$FT
Imagine the resources required for doing this. I can't imagine this is a small or simple task. Plus these studios are simply still looking into the past. It's unnecessary waste of time.

The more time these studios waste doing dumb shit like this, the less the industry will move forward.

It is a port. It’ll be handled by a small pool of staff, and in today’s world where people are laying off folks and funding for new projects is a struggle, this is a positive indeed. They’ll draw on the work they’ve already put in to optimize the game for current gen, and try to come up with an acceptable last gen port to mop up some sales.

It isn’t ’looking Into the past’ if there’s still a decent sized market out there.

It's why we never get any new innovation for games like MLB The Show. So yes, it does directly impact me.

This is complete nonsense. MLB et al are cross gen games, designed with last gen consoles in mind. This one is a current gen game, being ported downward for last gen consoles. Not even remotely the same thing at all, and there’s no logical reason why this should impact innovation in future titles.

Hell, if it keeps more talent employed and boosts the studio’s finances, then it will benefit you.

Kenpachii

Could be they made a version for the switch 2 and realized they might as well go the full mile and make a ps4 version.

RAIDEN1

Is this like the developers trying to take a leaf out of Capcom's book like how they ported Resident Evil to the N64, (when it didn't even look possible?)

Fake

Gold Member

He really believe last gen are holding back next gen games, when as you can see this game was indeed a next gen only game, until now.

Fbh

Gold Member
Oh boy

Remember this on PS5 ?

star-wars-jedi-ocalaly-optymalizacja-3.jpg

Can they make it even more of a pixel soup?

200.gif

To be fair to Respawn they did massively improve the game like 6 months later after several patches.
The screenshot is from the launch version where performance mode ran at like 680p and struggled to hit 60fps.
The current version on Ps5 runs closer to 1080p (though still not quite full HD) and sticks closer to 60fps the vast majority of the time. Turns out disabling RT allowed them to improve the resolution and framerate with minumal visual downgrade in most scenes.

That said the IQ is still kinda trash. Lots of upscaling artifacting when moving.

Ozriel

M$FT
To be fair to Respawn they did massively improve the game like 6 months later after several patches.
The screenshot is from the launch version where performance mode ran at like 680p and struggled to hit 60fps.
The current version on Ps5 runs closer to 1080p (though still not quite full HD) and sticks closer to 60fps the vast majority of the time. Turns out disabling RT allowed them to improve the resolution and framerate with minumal visual downgrade in most scenes.

That said the IQ is still kinda trash. Lots of upscaling artifacting when moving.

And on last gen, they’ll just need to target 30fps.

Top Bottom