• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is out 17th in the UK had no idea the American neighbors would get it on Access so quick.

Same. I saw the OT and was like "FUCK, it's out already!?". Went straight to Amazon to order it and realised that it was because of EA Access. XD

GeeTeeCee

This game is out 17th in the UK had no idea the American neighbors would get it on Access so quick.

So when are the reviews available?

I thought it was the 17th too, but both Amazon and GAME have it listed as the 19th? Since when have games been released on a Thursday?

gossi

I've played some time on 40 player matches now - it runs really smooth. Feels better than beta performance.

jeemer

Just out of interest, who else *doesn't* care if stormtroopers can opt to have no helmet? I genuinely thought the person earlier in this thread who said he wasn't buying because of this was joking.

I know someone mentioned that the stormtroopers are no longer clones and may have helmets removed in the new trilogy - regardless, I've been a star wars fan since I was a young kid and the idea of a stormtrooper without a helmet doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I would have no objections to having a setting where you can disable viewing other peoples's customisation though.

5taquitos

Just out of interest, who else *doesn't* care if stormtroopers can opt to have no helmet? I genuinely thought the person earlier in this thread who said he wasn't buying because of this was joking.

I know someone mentioned that the stormtroopers are no longer clones and may have helmets removed in the new trilogy - regardless, I've been a star wars fan since I was a young kid and the idea of a stormtrooper without a helmet doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I would have no objections to having a setting where you can disable viewing other peoples's customisation though.

I'm very against it, but it won't affect my purchase. The evil army kind of loses its intimidation factor if only half the troops are wearing their helmets into battle.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Completely against it, for me they are the most iconic figures in the Star Wars and my favourite to boot. However I will still be buying (have to wait until Christmas though) I just won't use the option!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So early impressions?

Enough variety between the maps? What are the best maps in the game? Do the Ewoks in Hoth affect the gameplay?

Overal impressions?

So early impressions?

Enough variety between the maps? What are the best maps in the game? Do the Ewoks in Hoth affect the gameplay?

Overal impressions?

Fantastic variations of the maps.

It's not like Battlefield, where a part of the maps is used for different game types.

Each game type in Battlefront has its own unique map/weather/atmosphere.

And I am so, so glad.

So early impressions?

Overal impressions?

Looks and runs great on XboxOne.

Veeery fun gameplay.

Map variety is nice, all the matches ive played felt different. New routes, playstyles etc.

Endor is my favorit map.

Ewoks dont really affect gameplay. They only jump out when no one is near their hut.

Theorry

Looks and runs great on XboxOne.

Veeery fun gameplay.

Map variety is nice, all the matches ive played felt different. New routes, playstyles etc.

Endor is my favorit map.

Ewoks dont really affect gameplay. They only jump out when no one is near their hut.

Endor <3
It looks so real. Its insane.

jeemer

It's not like Battlefield, where a part of the maps is used for different game types.

Each game type in Battlefront has its own unique map/weather/atmosphere

Hnnnggggggg. This is the first time I've seen this confirmed, thanks. Just another week to wait :(

slash3584

Fantastic variations of the maps.

Each game type in Battlefront has its own unique map/weather/atmosphere.

And I am so, so glad.

So the weather and time of day it's always the same for every combination of map+mode?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know if the physical PC version will allow me to skip downloading 27gb of stuff from Origin, or is the CD in there only going to install like 100mb and the rest will be a bigass download?

So the weather and time of day it's always the same for every combination of map+mode?

Yep, but there's so many variations.

Each area below is different in size and layout.

Endor on TDM is Misty, dusky and dry.

Endor on CTF is rainy and damp.

Endor in supremecy is nightkime, with the moon and fire lamps providing light.

Endor in WA is bright and lush.

Rudiano

Banned
Oh wow EA Access is awesome, I thought you had to get that and pre-order a game to play that early for 10 hours. I was wrong, just joined the army :)

How are you guys enjoying it compared to the beta?

Did they improve/fix some of the complaints from the beta?

Battlefront looks like a fun simple shooter so I'm excited to grab it if it turns out to be better than the beta.

gossi

Anybody know when review floodgates open?

Bit silly to have press embargoes while many can post videos and impressions online at the moment.

lmao fucking wat.

Review embargo is release day I think.

And yes, I really did get an achievement for being hit by an Ewok. They fly over head on Endor at night, twatting imperials with stones.

jeemer

Is there a way in Origin to buy from US (I'm in EU) region, without risking my account? Saving a few bucks...

sod that, buy from mexican origin. i already did and got my confirmation that they're taking payment today. it cost ~£52 for the ultimate version.

google mexican origin, last time i did it came up specifically with a video guide to buying battlefront with it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope this game is still hopping come Christmas.

If anything it should get more traffic around then, with the movie and all.

Wil348

I bought the game from U.S PSN. I've done it before and nothing happened to my account. Still, I only did this because it's releasing two days earlier in the states, I would have been paying roughly the same price had I bought it from Amazon (around £40).

I think it's fucking stupid, but I'm still gonna buy the game. Can't believe taking your helmet off was the only cosmetic alteration they could think of beyond "all black" or "Endor dudes."

Problem with disabling customization is that you then wouldn't see the diversity among rebel troops, which actually DOES make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom