• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lettuce

I just hope given the fact that is 900p on PS4 ,does not sacrifice the performance.
I should not be concerned right guys.

Yes you should, get it on PC and play it at 1440p. If anyone is anal about resolution then why the fuck do they have a xb1 or ps4???.....do people get these games to just smash there dicks over it and claim how many "P's" it is or actually play and enjoy the game?

It look fantastic on the xb1 I don't even know what resolution it's rendered at and to be fair I don't give a shit it looks great and plays even better just enjoy it

I want to know what the levels of character customization are. I saw the race unlocks, but can you change things like hairstyles, faces, and armors for the rebels? Can you unlock a things like a X-Wing pilot suit for any race? How do they handle themed uniforms? I assume you can't wear endor gear if you play on Hoth!?

And will the stormtropper armors allow you to pick whatever, or are snow troppers and stuff like that limited to specific things? I would love to play as a honor guard with a polearm!

gossi

Why is the hell is everybody playing bloody TDM...

When you select Multiplayer TDM is the default option - it takes up 80% of the screen. The other modes are little icons at the bottom of the screen. They have nobody playing them, my photo.

5Ve09Sx.png

Just played as the Imperials on Endor and it's really hard to make the rebel players out against the map.
I'm colour blind so this may have an effect but it's the most I've struggled with a game in a long time

MilkyJoe

Yes you should, get it on PC and play it at 1440p. If anyone is anal about resolution then why the fuck do they have a xb1 or ps4???.....do people get these games to just smash there dicks over it and claim how many "P's" it is or actually play and enjoy the game?

It look fantastic on the xb1 I don't even know what resolution it's rendered at and to be fair I don't give a shit it looks great and plays even better just enjoy it

giphy.gif

kriskrosbbk

man I dont have a PC

I was just thinking to myself: I started gaming about 25 years ago. If someone showed me this game back then, on a 60" TV I probably would've ended up in the hospital with minor heart damage.
Jesus Christ, just saw that forest level on twitch, it is fucking UNREAL.

RyudBoy

Look in the vault too, you get almost every EA game from last year onwards in there. Even some titles from this year, like BF Hardline. It's a real bargain.

Yeah, I might give BF Hardline a go, but other than that I'm not interested in the other titles (already own BF4 and Titanfall). Anyway, $5 to play Battlefront early, and I'll end up buying it with the 10% discount. I'm cool with that.

Just played as the Imperials on Endor and it's really hard to make the rebel players out against the map.
I'm colour blind so this may have an effect but it's the most I've struggled with a game in a long time

It probably doesn't help with the player models standing out, but there are several colorblind hud options in the settings menus. Try some of those and see if they help.

Theorry

Game is really smooth. Looks like it can hold 60fps for the most time.
Also it looks better then i expected for a 720p game for some reason. There is some AA but nothing like BF4.

It probably doesn't help with the player models standing out, but there are several colorblind hud options in the settings menus. Try some of those and see if they help.

Thanks. Helps a little. Will see if I can adjust. Think part of the problem I'm sucking ass is Halo 5 and the amount of time I've put into that of late

Thanks for watching, did some Hoth BTW

The ion canon does about 3 percent damage to the walkers btw, so if a lot of people are carrying them...

Also the AT ATs seemed to take longer to get to the last base line in this version.

Thank you for keeping me company Japanmanx et al.

Jtrizzy

I don't like that jet packs are locked till level 13, they make the game so much more exciting. Also it's annoying seeing Storm Troopers without helmets on.

Looking through the game earlier

I don't see the complaints about content, there's so much

Especially in MP, and especially compared to H5's multiplayer suite.

So I'm anxiously awaiting to here if Walker Assault has been tweaked for balance purposes.

Anybody played that mode on Hoth especially yet?

RyudBoy

Game is really smooth. Looks like it can hold 60fps for the most time.
Also it looks better then i expected for a 720p game for some reason. There is some AA but nothing like BF4.

BF4 was a cross-gen title. This looks way better now that it's made for current gen only.

The best part of the stream was when people couldn't tell the difference between endor from the movie and endor from the game.

It's that good.

GeeTeeCee

I don't like that jet packs are locked till level 13, they make the game so much more exciting. Also it's annoying seeing Storm Troopers without helmets on.

The idea of seeing Stormtroopers without their helmets is really irritating to me. We have never seen it before in any other Star Wars game or media (that I know of). Why now? If people want to play as the Empire then they should accept that they'll just have to suck it up and play as a faceless trooper. For fucks sake, Dice.

This is really bothering me more than it probably should.

Theorry

i think his point is that if you don't have a gaming pc, why lament 900p when plenty of people are saying it looks fine on the xbone at 720p?

I'm at work right now so can't look yet. What's changed? They haven't added spotting have they? Please say yes!

No not spotting like BF4. But the minimaps show abit of a direction where someone is shooting. Bit like Destiny.

Here is a good stream btw, One with a better quality and smooth frames.

http://www.twitch.tv/slayer

Solid 60 most of it,maybe a couple of dips, not severe or anything.

This is a technical marvel.

Amazing. Bodes well for the PS4 version then. The beta shocked me with it's performance, it looks so much better than BF4 yet also performs way better. I guess the decreased player count and toned-down destruction helps, but still, I would never have believed a game that looks this good could hold a solid 60fps on consoles.

hoserx

The idea of seeing Stormtroopers without their helmets is really irritating to me. We have never seen it before in any other Star Wars game or media (that I know of). Why now? If people want to play as the Empire then they should accept that they'll just have to suck it up and play as a faceless trooper. For fucks sake, Dice.

This is really bothering me more than it probably should.

well...

MilkyJoe

Yeah, I just killed the stream. It hammered my upload, unplayable with 40 players plus Twitch.

When you were in the lobby under the "Play/Multiplayer" banner, is there a "single player" against bots or something?

edit, like below, see?

7SgyVoE.jpg

evilr

Banned
This game is out 17th in the UK had no idea the American neighbors would get it on Access so quick.

So when are the reviews available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom