• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
Finally got this downloaded and installed just as I was due to leave for work!
Gonna be a long day but at least it'll be waiting for me when I get home.

Oh, man.

Just played it for about a couple hours with EA Access. I played the Beta, and enjoyed what I played, but wow, the final game is so much fun.

The graphics are ridiculous too. The different maps are really detailed, large, it's really cool finding hiding paths and flanking the enemy.

My favorite mode so far is Heroes vs Villians. I had a match where I clutched it out in the end. I was the Emperor, and after Luke and Vader took each other out, Boba was already toast, I had a couple storm troopers trying to protect me. Took a path around, caught the Rebels by surprise, killed the couple guys with his strong version of the lightning, then used his Psycho Crusher move and killed Leia and Han with it, 'twas amazing. :)

Definitely going to buy it, but will probably get it on PS4 as most my buddies will be getting that one. Now to limit myself the rest of the week. >_>

I killed both Luke AND Han in one round, and I thought that maybe the Empire would give a stormtrooper, like, a better gun or something?

Nope. "Here's your standard terrible blaster, have fun."

Do I have to kill Leia to get an AK or something

RyudBoy

Was watching some dude stream the game earlier on XB1. I've said it before, but it looks fantastic even at 720p. Wish I had EA access but I'm not getting it just for one game. Only a few more days to go.

Game is fun, very stable, smooth. Matchmaking is fast.

4 of the 9 modes only have four maps. The rest have 8/9 maps. I think 9 is the most I've seen for any one mode.

Jtrizzy

Downloading now. Most important are the frames for me. BF4 was rough, Hardline was quite solid so hope this one is better also. Beta was oke overall iirc.

Frame rate is solid, and I'm pretty sensitive to fr issues. In fact it seems to have improved at the end of Walker Assault on Hoth, which got pretty bad during the beta. Everything is smooth and polished, but it does look soft and there is shimmering and aliasing issues. This does make it difficult to distinguish opponents in the distance, and generally hurts IQ down range. Endor looks pretty damn good though, I can't wait to see it on PC and I think it'll be closer to those bullshot trailers than people might think.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
SO give me some impressions guys. Im gonna be playing this on PS4. I still on the fence on Preordering this. Looks Fun. I need a game that im gonna play at least 200+ hours. I always get sick of Multiplayer games after playing 20-30+ hours. Only game i put 300+ hours into Multiplayer is Battlefield 3.

I usually enjoy EA DICE games. I can buy this or use that money to get 2 games on Black Friday..

How is the game ???
Is it buggy like BF4 ??
Are you guys enjoying this more than Beta??

Rootbeer

Banned
What is the word on TFA maps and heroes? Are people expecting we will get those as part of the Season Pass? Sure would be cool.

I'm not counting the free Jakku map though it's a good sign.

gossi

SO give me some impressions guys. Im gonna be playing this on PS4. I still on the fence on Preordering this. Looks Fun. I need a game that im gonna play at least 200+ hours. I always get sick of Multiplayer games after playing 20-30+ hours. Only game i put 300+ hours into Multiplayer is Battlefield 3.

I usually enjoy EA DICE games. I can buy this or use that money to get 2 games on Black Friday..

How is the game ???
Is it buggy like BF4 ??
Are you guys enjoying this more than Beta??

It's fun. It's also very casual - there's no prone, reloading, guns can aim very very far etc. I'm not sure people will generally get 200+ hours of it, as it won't take long to unlock everything. But I like it. I imagine it more as a 'fill half an hour each day' title.

Lettuce

You can create a new Xbox Live ID on your console, subscribe to EA access on it (for one month, so cheap) and then activate another trial on that.

Edit: If anybody is looking for a stream, this dude is streaming in 60fps: http://www.twitch.tv/prod1gyx

Hmm it's not even showing up as 'Trail Available' in EA Access for, yet people on my friends list are playing, what gives?

gossi

Hmm it's not even showing up as 'Trail Available' in EA Access for, yet people on my friends list are playing, what gives?

It's 5 days early access, so if you're in the UK the game comes out 2 days later... So you're looking at Saturday for EA Access.

HOWEVER, if you haven't already paid for the game digitally you can just change your store to US (from Settings on Xbox One) and it becomes available.

gossi

Don't know why but I thought you had to sign up for a full year. Nevermind! I'm in for a month, downloading now.

Look in the vault too, you get almost every EA game from last year onwards in there. Even some titles from this year, like BF Hardline. It's a real bargain.

mocoworm

It's 5 days early access, so if you're in the UK the game comes out 2 days later... So you're looking at Saturday for EA Access.

It comes out on the 17th in the UK doesn't it? That means 5 days starts today.

[EDIT] Just checked. It's the 19th. GUTTED! , I thought I would be able to play this tonight :(

Mik3F

HOWEVER, if you haven't already paid for the game digitally you can just change your store to US (from Settings on Xbox One) and it becomes available.

I'm from the UK and am playing it

It didn't show for me, so I went to the store and selected Try for Free. It then unlocked and allowed me to launch my downloaded copy

Just streamed for 1 hour.
here is the archive: http://www.twitch.tv/seamount4life/v/25371996

Played Survival on Endor (all 15 waves)

Then at the 31:00 mark I play Multiplayer Superiority

Hoth (31:00 mark)
Tatooine (34:00)
Endor (45:00)

I am not all that great but you get the idea.
Runs great and looks great, especially Endor. Endor looks incredible. Can't wait to see it on PS4!

gossi

I'm from the UK and am playing it

It didn't show for me, so I went to the store and selected Try for Free. It then unlocked and allowed me to launch my downloaded copy

Neat trick!

I purchased mine off the US store a few months back. It was much cheaper due to the dollar exchange rate.

Just to be clear - I have EA Access and I have also pre-purchased the game. I have it downloaded to my Xbox One since Tuesday.

Could somebody please explain if I now have "early access" to the 10-hour trial? Or do I actually have "early-access" to the full game (given that I've bought it)? Thanks!

I was able to go to the store and choose the EA Access option right now in the UK and it started downloading, even though it doesn't have the "free trial available" note on the EA Access app itself. Will it just download but not allow me to play until Saturday?

Mik3F

I was able to go to the store and choose the EA Access option right now in the UK and it started downloading, even though it doesn't have the "free trial available" note on the EA Access app itself. Will it just download but not allow me to play until Saturday?

It should allow you to play it, it did for me using my already downloaded copy

gossi

EA Access is supposed to be 5 days early access, that's EA's wording, based on the region you purchase the game in. In the UK the game comes out 2 days late.

However if you set your store to US (before buying) you can jump in now. You may also be able to cheese it from the interface as per the post above.

I just hope given the fact that is 900p on PS4 ,does not sacrifice the performance.
I should not be concerned right guys.

I played both betas. (and an hour of it on EA Access so far.) While It does plays great on Xbone, it looked noticeably better and ran better on PS4 when comparing the Betas. Guessing the release copy should follow suit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom