• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
M04AKrk.jpg

I just wanted to post this in here, because this stand-up display for the game in Wal-Mart is huge and awesome stuff!

I want that in my home!!!

I wonder what happens to these after they are done with them? I may have to talk with a manager or two!

One question about the trial. Are the 10 hours actual playtime or is the game just unlocked for 10 hours once you start it for the first time?

Not sure what the difference is, but it's both, kinda: you start the game, it prompts "Want to start/continue your trial?", you press A/yes, and then the countdown starts for as long as the game is launched. Make sure to close out of it when you're done or the time may count against you.

Theorry

One question about the trial. Are the 10 hours actual playtime or is the game just unlocked for 10 hours once you start it for the first time?

Its when you have the game open. So no actual matches. So sitting idle in a menu also counts. Thats why always make sure you fully quit out of the game on the dashboard. Because if you have it running in the background it also counts.

11 primaries
7 star card weapons (scout pistol, ion torpedo, pulse cannon, homing shot, MPL-57, cycler rifle and bowcaster)
5 throwables (thermal detonator, impact grenade, ion grenade, smoke grenade and flash grenade)

Not too shabby. Sure there will be lots more in the season pass though...

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Yeah thats definitely true. Being good and getting kills is the primary reason I play. But getting good for me is about having choices for my play style. Thats why I love COD and Battlefield so much is because thats how it always is. You try out an M16 for a bit. Try a SCAR. You try a bunch of new cool weapons and loadouts to find the one thats your favorite.

Unless I am mistaken, this to me looks absolutely nothing like that. Everyone is using basically the same loadouts with the exception of different grenades or whatever. Like you're "level 1" dude is basically the same as a level 50 dude which isn't super appealing to me.
Battlefield wasn't always like this.

Honestly, unlocks have ruined online FPS games. There should be an even playing field for everyone, regardless of the amount of grind time you've put in.

alterno69

Banned
I was worried about the beta, but after a couple of hours on ES Access i'm hyped.

The maps are awesome and TDM is really fun, i have to say it looks quite blurry on Xbox One compared to what i remember from the Ps4 beta.

I will definetly use the 10 hours of early access.

Just checked.

Modes with 4 maps: Supremacy, Walker Assault, Fighter Squadron, and Cargo
Modes with 6 maps: Drop Zone and Droid Run
Modes with 9 maps: Blast, Hero Hunt, and Heros vs Villains

Game looks absolutely gorgeous, Endor is just so good. Although the rebels do have a good advantage on the map with their uniforms.

Kinyou

Not sure what the difference is, but it's both, kinda: you start the game, it prompts "Want to start/continue your trial?", you press A/yes, and then the countdown starts for as long as the game is launched. Make sure to close out of it when you're done or the time may count against you.

Its when you have the game open. So no actual matches. So sitting idle in a menu also counts. Thats why always make sure you fully quit out of the game on the dashboard. Because if you have it running in the background it also counts.
Thanks. To clarify, the PSN trials kept counting down even if you had stopped playing the game. I was afraid this would be the same case, but good on EA

Spy

Couple of questions for anyone who has played the full game...

Has TTK been lessened? I felt like you died a little bit too fast in the beta.

Are guns less accurate? Everything in the beta felt a bit too accurate.

Honestly, unlocks have ruined online FPS games. There should be an even playing field for everyone, regardless of the amount of grind time you've put in.

Definitely agree in this case. I don't care for unlocks in general but it seems especially out of place in this game. They removed classes, took the equipment that made each unique and put them as unlocks. Made the beginning few ranks feel like a slog in the beta.

Cornbread78

Fucking steal it!!

WTF, I want that.....I have no idea what I would do with it, but...I still want that.

I want that in my home!!!

I wonder what happens to these after they are done with them? I may have to talk with a manager or two!

It really is massive. Made out of carboard and plastic, but obviously weighted down at the base to prevent tipping. It is taller than most average bedroom ceilings, lol. They usually auction stuff like this off to raise money for the local Children's hospital if there is enough interest in it. (some displays actually have to be returned)

Theorry

Couple of questions for anyone who has played the full game...

Has TTK been lessened? I felt like you died a little bit too fast in the beta.

Are guns less accurate? Everything in the beta felt a bit too accurate.

TTK feels the same. Guns feel less accurate yeah. I am not sniping people anymore like i did in the beta.

Loomba

Is EA Access only on xbox or is it on PC as well?

If it's only xbox can I buy a month of EA access and that's it, or do I need to pre-order it or something?

Theorry

Is EA Access only on xbox or is it on PC as well?

If it's only xbox can I buy a month of EA access and that's it, or do I need to pre-order it or something?

Only on Xbox yeah. You dont have the pre order. Its for everybody who has EA Access. You can cancel the subscription right away after you paid. So it doesnt renew at the end of the month if you use CC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It really is massive. Made out of carboard and plastic, but obviously weighted down at the base to prevent tipping. It is taller than most average bedroom ceilings, lol. They usually auction stuff like this off to raise money for the local Children's hospital if there is enough interest in it. (some displays actually have to be returned)

Nice... I have 10-11 foot ceilings in my home, this would be perfect in it.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I'm still amazed that they did not use the opportunity to incorporate light sabers with the PS4 console's status light. Or some blaster firing design.

Vader is just ok to stamp on the casing.

How much destruction is there? Is it as good as in Battlefield 4?

Not much at all, really. There are some destructible objects (trees, as mentioned) but I don't know that destruction was a focus.

I'd say Tomb Raider overall because it doesn't need to hit 60 fps. For 60 fps games, I'd say Halo 5 and this are both gorgeous.

Ah, didn't consider Tomb Raider. I'm not really impressed with Halo 5, visually. It's nice, to be sure, but compared to SW:BF, I think it's a notch below.

The less maps to learn the better (for me)

Well, that's certainly an interesting way of looking at it.

So 4 maps for there 20 vs 20 modes, that is fucking lame.

It's a damned shame, really. Those modes are a lot of fun, but four maps is laughable.

I mean, why have they not thought "we need more maps--let's at least do time of day variations, or reverse the map, etc." Just something to add more variety.

Kosma

Banned
Well, that's certainly an interesting way of looking at it.

Spent years on De_Dust, De_Dust2 and Aztec (maybe some Inferno)

If the game is fun and good the maps don't get boring

Too many maps is just a high entry barrier to be competitive

Kind of feel the same about racegames, but Im from a difderent generation I think :)

MADGAME

I'm peanut butter & jealous of those who get ten hours of playtime of this pure digital sex. Watching the streams at work sure makes the time go by!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom