• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I was also surprised to see that Supremancy has a lot in common with Rush and isn't just a Conquest clone. Pushing back and forth for control points is interesting and a nice way of focusing action on the big maps.

RyanW

I will say this. The "Battle" missions are meh. Not really a fan of the Kill Confirmed mode it uses. Would have been nice if they added a few more bots on each side and brought back classic Conquest from the original games so it gives the bots something to do instead of just having all of them running towards you the entire game.

I will say this. The "Battle" missions are meh. Not really a fan of the Kill Confirmed mode it uses. Would have been kill if they added a few more bots on each side and brought back classic Conquest from the original games so it gives the bots something to do instead of just having all of them running towards you the entire game.

Yeah--are any of these anything close to actual story scenarios/missions? Not talking a campaign, but I was hoping Missions wouldn't just be glorified MP matches with bots.

RyanW

Yeah--are any of these anything close to actual story scenarios/missions? Not talking a campaign, but I was hoping Missions wouldn't just be glorified MP matches with bots.

The tutorial missions seem to be the most story esque and that's not really saying much. A couple of cutscenes and dialogue as you play

RyanW

Can someone confirm this since I'm away from my xbox at the moment:

4 normal battle missions, and 4 Hero battle missions, correct?

Bumhead

Banned
I think it's absolutely excellent.

Having a great time with it, and I'm far warmer on the full game than I was with the beta. I'm not too worried about content or longevity either. Looking down the list of modes, I'm pretty sure that there's plenty I'll want to keep going at.

Playing Walker Assault on Endor was absolutely amazing. The AT-AT got absolutely panned once it reached the end though!

Haines

Banned
Awaiting my ps4 copy next week. I have an xbone but i dont have interest in ea access.

Is it looking like the full game is going to be awesome as hell or just another shooter with star wars paint.

Dartastic

WAIT HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS ON EA ACCESS NOW? !?!!!?!?!? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I ordered the PS4 version, but you better BELIEVE I'm downloading this when I get home.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I just went HAM with Luke on Endor assault

20 kill spree, because his speed and the surroundings give him a huge advantage.

https://youtu.be/OJfhSsG76V0

They improved the controls a fair bit it feels like

Enjoy

#REKT

So Heroes/Villains now not timed anymore and they changed it from the beta? Basically, you can spend the entire match as Darth or Luke? Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand it's good, on the other, some asshat might just sit in one corner and whatnot...

Zimmy64

I'm confused about splitscreen and local multiplayer options on PS4. My brother and I love Battlefront. Is there a two-player (local) "versus" mode or is local multiplayer limited to missions only.

So if I preordered and downloaded digitally can I just run the game now or so I have to download again from EA Access? Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a lot.

Edit: nm appear to have it working

Funny story

End of Endor scenery

Me: Woah, look at the scenery in the background

Friend: Woah, awesome lake and village

Me: Look up

Friend: Woah *notices two star destroyers above the lake*

Me:I know

Friend: Look up

Me and Friend: Woah

*both notice death star above the destroyers*

SpaceWolf

Banned
Funny story

End of Endor scenery

Me: Woah, look at the scenery in the background

Friend: Woah, awesome lake and village

Me: Look up

Friend: Woah *notices two star destroyers above the lake*

Me:I know

Friend: Look up

Me and Friend: Woah

*both notice death star above the destroyers*

Screen-Shot-2013-09-21-at-3.22.02-PM.png

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Played a few matches. Liking it a lot so far, though this 720p shit ain't easy on the eyes. Looks pretty damn blurry on my end. I played the beta on PS4 so it was kind of jarring to see the drop in quality. Lots of fun though.

Kriken

Decided to get a 1-month EA Access code for this, was a bit bummed out by the beta, but I might buy this game for PC if I have enough fun with the Fighter Squadron mode, no joke.

Holy shit at those Endor visuals. I would have legit not believed anyone who told me that a game could look like that on consoles and be 60fps before seeing it for myself. And the sound effects. *Drool*

Can you imagine showing this to a Star Wars fan back in the day and telling them that it was a videogame?

What a time to be alive.

People acted like I was full of shit when I told them how good the game looked at the early preview I saw before anything was public!
Decided on their own that my eyes were wrong and that their imagination was right.

moai

Its nice that this game has no server selection options and has ip region lock. Right now there is no one to play on south america. I will play the trial on xbox but im going to buy it on ps4. At least its certain that the pool of players will be bigger there.

//ARCANUM

Decided to get a 1-month EA Access code for this, was a bit bummed out by the beta, but I might buy this game for PC if I have enough fun with the Fighter Squadron mode, no joke.

What's the best place to get a 1 month code? I'd pay $5 to play early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom