• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent years on De_Dust, De_Dust2 and Aztec (maybe some Inferno)

If the game is fun and good the maps don't get boring

Too many maps is just a high entry barrier to be competitive

Kind of feel the same about racegames, but Im from a difderent generation I think :)

Yeah but this is the benefit of hindsight. CS didn't launch with just those three maps--cream rises to the top. In your case, being happy with four maps assumes that the four maps are gems :)

Heroman

Banned
It's a damned shame, really. Those modes are a lot of fun, but four maps is laughable.

I mean, at what point don't you just think "we need more maps--let's at least do time of day variations, or reverse the map, etc." Just something to add more variety.
It shows that this game is being rush to market.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Box quote material.
7fc.gif

Is there an option to move the "switch shoulder aiming" button to something like R3? I played in third-person during the entire beta, but it was a little clunky having to press d-pad down every time I wanted to switch shoulders.

Have it preordered on PS4 but played the beta on Xbox One. Pretty nervous about the connection via WiFi on PS4. Is there dedicated servers.

GeeTeeCee

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on the Fighter Squadron mode. It's one of the modes I'm most looking forward to getting to play.

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on the Fighter Squadron mode. It's one of the modes I'm most looking forward to getting to play.

Speaking of, I just can't wrap my head around flying in this. Anyone have a recommended control scheme? I can fly fine in GTA V, Battlefield, Elite: Dangerous, etc.

Battlefront looks waaay better than Halo 5.

Yeah, Halo 5 has a really clean look, but it has a lot of low-fi compromises. I don't think anything in Halo 5 matches Endor, at the very least.

RoKKeR

Speaking of, I just can't wrap my head around flying in this. Anyone have a recommended control scheme? I can fly fine in GTA V, Battlefield, Elite: Dangerous, etc.

Yeah, Halo 5 has a really clean look, but it has a lot of low-fi compromises. I don't think anything in Halo 5 matches Endor, at the very least.
I think I had to invert flight controls in the beta and that helps.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Cool, thanks for the info dude. I think my best move is to wait for some impressions.

Yeah true. Do we have a full weapon list at this point yet?

Yep! I wrote a post compiling all the weapons, Traits, Star Cards and Power Ups available in the final game complete with images and descriptions (taken from the Companion app). Kinda surprised no one posted it on GAF yet. :)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...tar-cards-traits-and-power-ups-complete-list/

There’s 11 weapons, 13 Star Cards, five Traits, and nine Power Ups, 10 vehicles, and six Heroes/Villains available at launch.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch! Ah, well. I did include all the descriptions and such, though. :}

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I assume having battlefield premium doesnt give you a discount for battlefront premium does it?

Yep, did this in Beta, made a world of difference!

I do this in every Battlefield game.

I'm right-handed, but Southpaw flight controls and inverted stick always feel better in BF games.

Oh damn, I'll have to do this.
Maybe it's from years of playing Rogue Squadron and Ace Combat, but controlling pitch and roll (or yaw in the case of Rogue Squadron and SWBF) with the left stick and thus also aiming makes a whole lot more of sense than with the right stick.

Only had time to play for like 45 minutes before work. Will be on for sure tonight.
Game is fantastic. Worth the 5 bucks for access to play a little early.

Definitely getting the game on PS4 on tuesday. Have the week off. STAR WARS HYPE!!!

I also switched to southpaw. Made flying almost identical to Rogue Squadron.

This is what I did. Made the controls more like Battlefront 2 using the right stick to control speed and the left stick to fly.

From the installation mini game it looks like they fixed Darth vader's voice for the final build? Would be great as it was the biggest immersion breaker for me

The Chef

Yep! I wrote a post compiling all the weapons, Traits, Star Cards and Power Ups available in the final game complete with images and descriptions (taken from the Companion app). Kinda surprised no one posted it on GAF yet. :)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...tar-cards-traits-and-power-ups-complete-list/

There’s 11 weapons, 13 Star Cards, five Traits, and nine Power Ups, 10 vehicles, and six Heroes/Villains available at launch.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch! Ah, well. I did include all the descriptions and such, though. :}

Ha, this is rockin. Thanks man.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe it's from years of playing Rogue Squadron and Ace Combat, but controlling pitch and roll (or yaw in the case of Rogue Squadron and SWBF) with the left stick and thus also aiming makes a whole lot more of sense than with the right stick.

I think this is exactly it. As well as when I played flight games on the PC, using a stick was this was as well by default. Just feels natural.

Consoles it was definitely Ace Combat and Rogue like you said for me.

Same for me--I'll switch to Southpaw and invert.

MADGAME

Is there an option in the full game to rotate through game modes or do you have to back out each time you want to switch?

Tubie

Well I suspected we were only gonna get one map per world on the 40 player modes, and it sucks.

Hopefully we get another 40 player map with Jakku.

Theorry

"And blast is such a basic Team Deathmatch that I wonder why they even bothered"

What the hell is that kinda statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom