• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemic77

Even if you're attacking the Walker in Walker Assault you're better off with the cycler rifle. Cool down is much faster and if aimed correctly does considerable damage to the At-At (you have to hit it in the tube thingie on the bottom).
Only thing where Ion Torpedo has an advantage is attacking At-St's.

I'll give it a go.

I mostly carry the Ion Torpedo in case I find myself in one of those games where the other team has air superiority. That way I can at least disrupt some strafing runs, and get the odd kill if lucky.

Since when have blatant troll/hate threads been allowed in Gaming? Fucking shit that thread.

I was about to say, another hate topic popped up. I really dont get it anymore. Im honest, i dislike 343i and Halo 5 a lot. But im not creating topics or doing drive by shit posts to just hate on the game.

Its getting really tiresome now with Battlefront and it has IMO nothing to do anymore with "its my opinion" or free speech etc...

Sure we can ignore this, but its sad that the hate topics get a lot of attention and topics about good news just die down very fast...

I can already see the complaints and hate for the first DLC pack...

Ozorov

Btw why was enigma banned? :(

We need every jedi-knight here :D

post-36910-no-god-please-no-gif-Michael-S-hIu3_zpsatfaqz3x.gif

Pouring one out for Enigma

Dude had genuine passion and common sense

RIP

Yes, I know he isn't dead.

Anyway, us lot should have fun with these terrible BF threads.

Probably his last few posts in the Black Video Game Characters threads. Doesn't seem like it would be a long ban, maybe more of a "cool off, take some time" thing.

5taquitos

Do many of you play without the jump pack in the bigger modes?

I've actually started not taking it on big maps. If I stay aware I find I rarely need it (sure it would be nice sometimes), but I get far more out of two offensive cards, such as a grenade and cycler.

lawnchair

Banned
i personally can't imagine playing without the jump pack. even if putting in another offensive card would net me more kills, the fun of jumping around for mobility or dodging is just too fun.

Ozorov

February 16, 2016
SWBF: Community Mission: Lead the Rebellion

You needn't worry about your reward...

Can you become a devoted leader of the Rebellion and use both defensive maneuvers and powerful attacks on the battlefront? Our third community mission gives you a chance to do just that.

Your mission as a community is to complete 102,187 hours of gameplay with Princess Leia across any game mode she is available in. This mission begins on February 16th 9AM PT. Complete the mission, and the community will unlock a new Princess Leia Endor costume.

The Princess Leia community mission will be active between February 16th, 9AM PT. and February 22nd 9PM PT. Be sure to follow EA Star Wars™ on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on your progress. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.

Toa TAK

Banned
I have my second class equipped with it, but I never really use it. I'm always running around on foot, personally.

EDIT: AH sweet, the Endor costume.

lawnchair

Banned
these community missions are such a snooze. they've got a reward prepared, what are they gonna do, not give it to the community?

it would actually be great and hilarious if they were like "well we had a new leia skin, but you didn't accomplish the challenge, so we're just going to delete it." lulz

Toa TAK

Banned
these community missions are such a snooze. they've got a reward prepared, what are they gonna do, not give it to the community?

it would actually be great and hilarious if they were like "well we had a new leia skin, but you didn't accomplish the challenge, so we're just going to delete it." lulz

I would love for that to happen.

Ozorov

I wish they would add these community challenges like a pop-up in the game. Like the ones we're getting for the daily ones. I think many "casuals" don't know about them.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

I think part of the reason they exist is to push people into certain modes, like heroes vs villains or to push people into using certain characters that are being under utilized.
I mean they wouldn't delete the skin, but they might hold it for further down the line. I definitely think some BF4 missions weren't completed.

This challenge makes me wonder if Leia is anyone's favorite Hero.

How about everyone else? Mine is definitely Luke. The speed is too damn good, flying around the battlefield and Force Push killing 4 stormtroopers at once is immensely satisfying.

Ozorov

How about everyone else? Mine is definitely Luke. The speed is too damn good, flying around the battlefield and Force Push killing 4 stormtroopers at once is immensely satisfying.

I often chose her in the bigger modes

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Leia can definitely turn Hero vs. Villain matches in favor of Rebels if her shield is used right.

Hell, it becomes straight-up unfair in the smaller Endor forest map because they end up camping in one of the treehouses with that thing.

In turns of actual usefulness I would say Leia, Boba or Han would be my favourite. But sometimes you just want to play as Luke for 5 mins where you just sprint right at the enemy spawn and just get groups with force push and the charge.

Ozorov

I rarely (aka never) plays HvV but I played 4 games today to finish a daily challenge. And I've got a questions about it.

Is it a bug when the animations "freezes" when a hero get's attacked sometimes? I died many times when I was playing as Luke as he just froze when someone attacked me. I stood still for like 2-3 seconds.

5taquitos

I rarely (aka never) plays HvV but I played 4 games today to finish a daily challenge. And I've got a questions about it.

Is it a bug when the animations "freezes" when a hero get's attacked sometimes? I died many times when I was playing as Luke as he just froze when someone attacked me. I stood still for like 2-3 seconds.

Heroes can stunlock other Heroes with certain abilities, I think Palp's lightning freezes you for a second.

Tubie

Both Leia and the emperor have a stun locking ability.

Oh okey, good to know. Can you somehow block the stun-attack?

As another hero? I don't think so. It's what makes Leia so good in HvV if the guy using her knows what he's doing.

She's my favorite in HvV.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
As far as I'm concerned, Vader is definitely the weakest character.

Only time I've ever felt he makes a difference is in tight corridor chokepoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom