• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Chewie and 1 of the bounty hunters are likely the new heroes/villains.

I dunno, that may be better suited for Bespin. I could see Obi-Wan since this pack is still Tatooine focused (partially).

I wonder if the DLC heros will be usable in all modes and all maps, or if they'll be exclusive to the DLC maps/modes.

If they're smart, it would be all maps so that seeing the Heroes would attract people into purchasing the expansions.

Sayers

i wonder if the melee situation will be addressed in the next patch. always seems like such a crapshoot.

I meant to bring this up yesterday. I can't tell if its supposed to be a one shot or what but I've gotten into melee fights before where both people go into it with full health, each person attacks once almost simultaneously and the result is one person dies and the other runs off with 50% heath.

Ozorov

I dunno, that may be better suited for Bespin. I could see Obi-Wan since this pack is still Tatooine focused (partially).

If they're smart, it would be all maps so that seeing the Heroes would attract people into purchasing the expansions.
Wont only the people who bought the dlc see the new heroes? As i would guess it will be a "+ outer rim" thing like battle of jakku is having

Wont only the people who bought the dlc see the new heroes? As i would guess it will be a "+ outer rim" thing like battle of jakku is having
Well if it works like past DICE games the new weapons, cards, and heroes will be patched into the game so DLC owners can use them in regular maps.

Ozorov

Well if it works like past DICE games the new weapons, cards, and heroes will be patched into the game so DLC owners can use them in regular maps.
So we wont have another jakku-situation? Or will DLC-players only play with other DLC-players?

Xzan

Even with server site set to Australia? It feels pretty erratic for me even with it set to Australia but I can't tell how bad the ping actually is on PS4.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there a ebb and flow to the location of hero icons spawning? Because I was just in a match where a guy was Luke at least 3 times in a row back-to-back.

Even with server site set to Australia? It feels pretty erratic for me even with it set to Australia but I can't tell how bad the ping actually is on PS4.

Yep. Zero change on my end. Still getting dumped in 150 - 200 ping servers.

Ozorov

Probably less then one month till new mode, heroes, star cards and weapons...

Eiaha.gif

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
How? I thought there are set time limits for that.

Adds a minute every time a control point is captured. One must have rapidly changed hands multiple times early in the game. I've had Supremacy matches last roughly 20 minutes because of this. It's great.

Yup.

A good 10 minutes of that match was an intense back n forth for that sand rover middle point. And that was already after coming back from the Rebels about to wipe us out in the last point.

Ozorov

Wonder how many alternate hero skins they're still holding back as rewards for these community challenges.
They still can do:

- Leia white gown
- Luke Tatooine
- Luke Endor
- Han Endor

I hope we'll get some Empire/Rebel-skins as rewards as well.

Another question: Do someone know if DICE has said anything about increasing the level-cap with Outer Rim? I do know they've confirmed that the level-cap will be increased but not anything about when.

Wonder how many alternate hero skins they're still holding back as rewards for these community challenges.
They still can do:

- Leia white gown
- Luke Tatooine
- Luke Endor
- Han Endor
I don't think they are holding them back, rather just releasing them as soon as they are finished. The community events are just a way to create excitement in the user base and generate good PR. They probably don't have all of the proper skins sitting in a folder somewhere just chilling, they are probably actively working on them.

MADGAME

After playing nearly every day since launch, I'm still having so much fun. I do wish there was a better way to distribute vehicle, weapon and hero pickups without it being a competitive scramble amongst teammates.

I hope we'll get some Empire/Rebel-skins as rewards as well.

Another question: Do someone know if DICE has said anything about increasing the level-cap with Outer Rim?

They'll probably raise it with every expansion? The question is with how many levels? Or maybe they'll do prestige?

I don't think they are holding them back, rather just releasing them as soon as they are finished. The community events are just a way to create excitement in the user base and generate good PR. They probably don't have all of the proper skins sitting in a folder somewhere just chilling, they are probably actively working on them.

Yeah, they're probably working their asses of at Dice with the upcoming patches and expansions, so you're probably right.

After playing nearly every day since launch, I'm still having so much fun. I do wish there was a better way to distribute vehicle, weapon and hero pickups without it being a competitive scramble amongst teammates.

What they could do is limit the time you can play hero or At-At/At-St to once per match.

MADGAME

What they could do is limit the time you can play hero or At-At/At-St to once per match.
I suppose, but sometimes your time with each is severely limited with little you can do to change it. If the Rebels but up a few anti-vehicle turrets near spawn, have several attentive aircraft, Ion Shot/Torpedoes at the ready, etc. Heroes you should get more time on average so maybe a modified version of your suggestion could be an option.

In the bigger modes it always feels like a constant race all match for the team to get pickups. I feel like there is an opportunity for it to be improved, but feels like the current setup has been commuted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom