• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same guy rammed me twice with an air speeder while I was in an AT-ST. I got the kill both times.

Hopefully this patch prevents ramming from working.

Is this a new fix? That is awesome if it is working as intended.
It is still making me explode from full health, so ramming still works right now. I just wish they'd make it so only the rammer exploded. Same with that fucking speeder bike and heroes. Bullshit I can be killed from full health as Luke in one hit with it.

Ozorov

The feeling when you get a long-distance headshot with the cycler rifle.

napoleon-s-dance-o.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
When is the a-wing patch coming because seriously

I wish DICE/EA would be more open about the Outer Rim DLC.I mean it will probably launch mid March for Season Pass owners.
I would really like see more detailed informations.

Like BF Hardline, they already show stuff for the last DLC pack.

Ozorov

EA said:
We’ve made a change to the way in which we’re handling matchmaking on PC, specifically in Brazil and Australia, in order to better get players into a game. We’d love your feedback from players in those countries to see how you feel about the change!

Xzan

"Please give us feedback on the unspecified change we've made to an already undocumented matchmaking system"

Ha! Fortunately I'm on PS4 and seem to be finding matches okay for the bigger modes. I'd rather see some team balancing to even out player counts at a minimum, and matching skill if possible. Kind of frustrating always being top 3 on a team that gets spanked because the bottom 10 players are averaging ~3-6 kills and ~18-28 deaths.

Speaking as a largely solo player, evenly distributing the skilled and the unskilled across both teams between rounds would be nice. As would stacking teams against pub-stomping parties.

Ozorov

Nice. I think, from the shots you make in the video, that I'm accounting for too much bullet drop. Maybe its the netcode but my 50m+ shots always look like they fall well short. I'll try to aim more naturally and not over think it when I next get online.

I also have a tendency from my old TF/Tribes sniping (and Q2/Q3 railgunning) days to strafe as I fire which does nothing but introduce spread-based RNG into my BF sniping.
Its kind of in-grained in my muscle memory as a reflex against counter-sniping but I guess I need to unlearn it for 'modern' games.

The kills with the Cycler Rifle are slowly racking up since the January update: 126 and climbing. Not bad for a weapon that I mostly use situationally.

Same here... :(.

But I still think it's my new favorite star card in the smaller modes.

Ozorov

I wonder how many people don't know about Battle of Jakku-DLC. I tried to change to "main game" and found full supremacy games within seconds.

Would be cool if the new Endor map supports Air vehicles

I wonder how many people don't know about Battle of Jakku-DLC. I tried to change to "main game" and found full supremacy games within seconds.

Noticed that too. Sometimes I turn of the Jakku maps if I don't feel like playing them and the game tends to find matches quicker. Especially outside of peak hours.

Ozorov

Would be cool if the new Endor map supports Air vehicles

Noticed that too. Sometimes I turn of the Jakku maps if I don't feel like playing them and the game tends to find matches quicker. Especially outside of peak hours.

I've heard that they will do Jakku a must-download with the February update. And I dont think the endor map will support air vehicles

Uh so I think I came across a glitch playing a round of Fighter Squadron this morning.

I was on the Empire and the game was close the entire round but at the end it said that we had 200 tickets and the Rebels had 197 but the result of the match was a draw...WTF?

Ozorov

Uh so I think I came across a glitch playing a round of Fighter Squadron this morning.

I was on the Empire and the game was close the entire round but at the end it said that we had 200 tickets and the Rebels had 197 but the result of the match was a draw...WTF?
It is a known glitch. You still get the win

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
When is the a-wing patch coming because seriously
Yeah I had a daily challenge to win 3 rounds of fighter squadron. Took me exactly six games. Start as imperial - because chances are someone quit when they finished as rebels, then - lose every time as imperial, win every time as rebels.

MiTYH

Just got this game yesterday -- after the initial "waiting in the install game despite being a disc" period was over, did the tutorial and jumped into some random games. Not the best approach, got my arse handed to me more than once (which was made worse by the fact that I had the highest kill rank on my team). But! That being said it was pretty fun. Did some drop zones and regular PvP matches, ranked up a few times, will probably try some hero stuff today and solo to get better acquainted with the system and the powerups I randomly got.

Ozorov

Just got this game yesterday -- after the initial "waiting in the install game despite being a disc" period was over, did the tutorial and jumped into some random games. Not the best approach, got my arse handed to me more than once (which was made worse by the fact that I had the highest kill rank on my team). But! That being said it was pretty fun. Did some drop zones and regular PvP matches, ranked up a few times, will probably try some hero stuff today and solo to get better acquainted with the system and the powerups I randomly got.
What platform are you playing on? Be sure to download the Jakku-DLC ;)

5taquitos

i wonder if the melee situation will be addressed in the next patch. always seems like such a crapshoot.
I have a theory melee attacks actually trigger a short distance in front of the player, so when you're right in someone's face the melee attack may actually be hitting their back, resulting in a OHK.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
i wonder if the melee situation will be addressed in the next patch. always seems like such a crapshoot.
Having seen Dice's past attempts to fix melee, I would say we are better off just sticking with it being a crapshoot.

lawnchair

Banned
Having seen Dice's past attempts to fix melee, I would say we are better off just sticking with it being a crapshoot.

i guess it mirrors the true reality of the battlefield, where when you find yourself in hand to hand combat with the enemy it is at best an awkward and clunky situation

Dunno I just LMAO when it happens

Really hope we get speeders on the new Hoth map.
It is so hard to find a Hero token it is really frustrating for it to happen.

Does the Bounty Hunter trait have a chance of giving you a hero token?

Vehicle tokens spawn in predefined locations, but the hero tokens can take the place of any regular powerup so it's random.

It is so hard to find a Hero token it is really frustrating for it to happen.

Does the Bounty Hunter trait have a chance of giving you a hero token?.

Aren't there a few general locations where the Hero Tokens will always spawn, or is it all random? I don't play the large modes at all much.

Aren't there a few general locations where the Hero Tokens will always spawn, or is it all random? I don't play the large modes at all much.
I'm pretty sure it randomly takes over a regular powerup for your team. I've seen a hero token only for an enemy to run over it and get a regular powerup.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
This challenge makes me wonder if Leia is anyone's favorite Hero.

How about everyone else? Mine is definitely Luke. The speed is too damn good, flying around the battlefield and Force Push killing 4 stormtroopers at once is immensely satisfying.

Han's mine. That rapid fire DL-44 is just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom