• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Things I'm interested in seeing in the trailer:

- Luke, obviously, especially hearing him talk. Also maybe seeing him in a different context/outfit.

- Getting an idea of what the hell Finn will be doing in this movie, since I have no idea. I'm guessing (at least at the start of it) more of a rebel solo mission with Poe.
just kiss already

- I'm guessing Kylo will look a little different. He got injured pretty bad, and now that he killed his dad I feel like he's going full dark side (or at least further into it).

- Whatever new planets we'll get.

- Definitely expecting a returning character surprise. Not exactly hoping - I don't think the movie needs it - but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Given that this movie will go more into the Jedi business, Yoda seems like a good guess. Maybe ghost Yoda. Maybe just his voice at the end.

Hearing Yoda at the end would be incredible.

SpaceWolf

Banned
(Just as The Last Jedi Panel winds down, Ewan McGregor walks onto the stage to rapturous applause and delighted cheering)

Kathleen Kennedy: We're delighted to officially announce here at Star Wars Celebration for the very first time that Ewan will be making a brief cameo appearance as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Crowd: (Goes nuts)

Kathleen Kennedy: By the way Ewan, before you go....perhaps you'd like the give the Obi-Wan Kenobi fans here at Star Wars: Celebration some of the other good news...

Crowd: (Goes absoloutely mental)

(Room goes dark, KENOBI: A STAR WARS STORY title-card suddenly appears on screen)

Ewan: Last minute Star Wars Celebration surprises are my specialty...

Crowd: (Spontaneously combust, engage in mass orgy)

I feel like they should start with the trailer and then bring everyone out and then have the exclusive BTS stuff for the people in attendance.

kevin1025

Banned
It might be best to watch the INT version of the panel, since the US one was falling apart worse than the Falcon. That one didn't look to have problems, at least the small bit I watched of it there.

Surfinn

That sweet shot of kylo ren with the voice like "The dark side of the force........and the light" then you just blast that music. It was the perfect moment to announce Star Wars was back.

Yup that was amazing too but..

The official TFA is the best trailer I've ever seen by far, with TFA teaser 2 coming in at a very close second

Surfinn

*TPM Teaser 1 and ROTS Trailer 2 come into room, start cracking knuckles*

They're all great.

I watched em all one day (the PT ones) and was pretty underwhelmed after being conditioned to TFA teaser 1/2 and the trailer.. along with the international trailer/other ones

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That sweet shot of kylo ren with the voice like "The dark side of the force........and the light" then you just blast that music. It was the perfect moment to announce Star Wars was back.
Link plz

So technically speaking I can pause the stream and watch it later spoiler free? I know this sounds strange, but I can't watch the panel live. Sigh.

Hystzen

I just hope they don't go full Vader with Kylo giving him a breathing mask and rest. Also hoping we find out something about the Knights of Ren unless they dropped that plot point as didn't really focus or mention it in TFA

kevin1025

Banned
I just hope they don't go full Vader with Kylo giving him a breathing mask and rest. Also hoping we find out something about the Knights of Ren unless they dropped that plot point as didn't really focus or mention it in TFA

I remember one of my crazy theories back before release was that Kylo would have his mask destroyed in battle and then wear the charred mask of Vader during the third act. The image would have been worth it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom