• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck in the overflow room again. Lined up around 7:30pm, seems insane that's somehow not enough to be among the first 3000.

Even still, sure would have been fucking great for the staff to tell us we didn't make the cut last night so I didn't waste my time sleeping on a concrete floor in subzero temperature. Lucasfilm/Disney would be fucking insane to even entertain the idea of hiring ReedPop again. Incompetent from the start.

Jesus, sounds like we barely made it. Weird though, our estimated place was around 1800-2000. Estimated though. By idiots.

Boem

Stuck in the overflow room again. Lined up around 7:30pm, seems insane that's somehow not enough to be among the first 3000.

Even still, sure would have been fucking great for the staff to tell us we didn't make the cut last night so I didn't waste my time sleeping on a concrete floor in subzero temperature. Lucasfilm/Disney would be fucking insane to even entertain the idea of hiring ReedPop again. Incompetent from the start.

That's the part that werids me out. Seems like a lot of these issues could have been avoided relatively easily.

How's the vibe in the line? People starting to murder each other yet?

That's the part that werids me out. Seems like a lot of these issues could have been avoided relatively easily.

How's the vibe in the line? People starting to murder each other yet?

Everyone is too tired to care about much. They just let everyone else in and there's a 5 minute or so wait for each of the restrooms. The food vendors are a tragedy.

507d6439264c4dbeb6bda375a8f947a5.jpg

Seigyoku

But the ReedPop person who runs it is former LFL so... Lovely, so no one who showed up at the time in the rules got into the live stage!

Jesus, sounds like we barely made it. Weird though, our estimated place was around 1800-2000. Estimated though. By idiots.

Yeah our estimate from Mary herself was "on the bubble" we were more on the bubble the day before! Pretty sure no one who didn't overnight is even getting into BTS stage and not sure anyone who didn't line up outside before 5 got Mark's tribute, which is also gone.

Am also fairly sure the estimate was being blown partially by people joining friends before midnight and not going in whatever was the proper corral entrance. Rebels is going to be a MAJOR shit show tomorrow. Like I know I can't do everything at the con. I know I have to sacrifice A to do B. But at this point I haven't set foot in exhibit hall, haven't even been able to send BF as planned AND now he can't go either of the next two days and just Arghh.

Galactic Nights better not be a shit show. I need my John Williams/Rian Johnson "oh this was worth it" moment.

Tugatrix

Those of you that have some time to kill.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/5/0/5501ce56ceeeb740/rianstartrek.mp3?c_id=1715204&expiration=1492175831&hwt=334f09e8f0c3468e60f501aaa5acb25a

That is a review of Star Trek (2009) with Rain Johnson, and the slash film cast crew.

It's pretty good, plus you can kinda see how he thinks.

Anyway, 3 hours or so to go.

I am totally planning on losing my shit during the panel.

Who?

So Rian reviewed not only a JJ movie but also a Star Trek Movie this might be interesting

Oh Hamill's Carrie tribute sold out with the not supposed to be there pre-5 AM outside queue too. Fantastic.

Seriously fuck the people running this thing. Why even have policies.

It may have been posted in this topic, but apperently someone from LFL, told someone (over twitter?) that they are planning on showing quite of it of stuff from TLJ.

So I'm expecting character names, trailer, possibly costumes???

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ugh woke up 4:40PST here because of noise interference and have not been able to go back to bed.

Welp, might as well watch TFA again.

What is the problem?

ReedPOP policy was any line formed before 8 PM would be dispersed. That was a lie. But in Anaheim the main stage seats double what it does here so people who might have followed the policy would still get in. So the line that shouldn't exist (to be fair at least everyone knew it would for Thursday night) actually sold out the main stage, which wouldn't happen in Anaheim.

Basically OCCC is too small for Celebration now.

FeD.nL

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/5/0/5501ce56ceeeb740/rianstartrek.mp3?c_id=1715204&expiration=1492175831&hwt=334f09e8f0c3468e60f501aaa5acb25a

That is a review of Star Trek (2009) with Rian Johnson, and the slash film cast crew.

I remember this review, was it Devindra that goes in on Chris Hemsworth? (Terrible actor, doesn't fit as Kirks father). Pretty funny in hindsight.

That is a review of Star Trek (2009) with Rian Johnson, and the slash film cast crew.

Is this the one where Rian read erotic slashfiction to the slashfilm crew, about themselves? Because that happened, and it was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom