• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

I hope its another tfa trailer where we get a bunch of cool shit but learn really nothing about the film

Well, I hope it's like the first teaser. That was the only thing I watched before heading to watch the movie a couple of months later, trailer these days just spoil everything.

Ridisc

Banned
Btw I truly believe Ewan will be at TLJ panel and will be in episode 8

His absence yesterday for someone who loves the franchise, who is all in on star wars himself and wants to be a part of the future is notable, EVEN if he couldnt make it the fact you could get Neeson and Sam to record messages and not Ewan is suspect.

His absence yesterday for someone who loves the franchise, who is all in on star wars himself and wants to be a part of the future is notable, EVEN if he couldnt make it the fact you could get Neeson and Sam to record messages and not Ewan is suspect.

Agreed. Something is up there.

Surfinn

That would be incredible. Saw Ewan in a commercial on TV the other day, he looks better than he ever did.

SpaceWolf

Banned

As much as I desperately want Ewan to show up, this strikes me as strange thinking. The prequel cast was much larger than just Liam Neeson and Samuel L Jackson. Should we start suspecting a Padme cameo just because Natalie Portman didn't tape a video message?

Ridisc

Banned
Whats so interesting is that they have so much footage they "could" show, as well as behind the scenes stuff, since this was originally due for May and the shooting schedule stayed the same despite it being pushed back to Dec, the movie has been shot and is in editing. TFA and Rogue one never had this amount of "potential" stuff to show.

Today is the day.
My-reaction-watching-my-hot-neighbour-run-naked-every-morning-when-she-gets-ready-Stephen-Colbert-creepy-smile.gif

Ewan's never really been too enthusiastic about conventions. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Star Wars fans are notoriously intense. Have you had positive experiences with them?

I don't have any experience with them. I've never been to one of the conventions. The people I meet are the f*ckers who want me to sign Star Wars photos so they can sell them on the Internet or the people at premieres who are crushing children against barriers to get me to sign their f*cking picture of Obi-Wan Kenobi. They're not fans—they're parasitical lowlifes and fu*king w*nkers.

Ridisc

Banned
As much as I desperately want Ewan to show up, this strikes me as strange thinking. The prequel cast was much larger than just Liam Neeson and Samuel L Jackson. Should we start suspecting a Padme cameo just because Natalie Portman didn't tape a video message?

Bit different I feel as she hasnt spent the last few years talking about wanting to do solo films, wanting to be part of the main films OR being in the main films (as Ewan was with ep7)

Surfinn

Whats so interesting is that they have so much footage they "could" show, as well as behind the scenes stuff, since this was originally due for May and the shooting schedule stayed the same despite it being pushed back to Dec, the movie has been shot and is in editing. TFA and Rogue one never had this amount of "potential" stuff to show.

It sounds like they've got far more time than TFA. Which leads me to believe RJ is going to do big things.

Boke1879

Don't know why Ewan would secretly come out during a panel for a movie he has no role in.

But either way I'm excited for today!!!

I will fucking rage.

Boem

For the longest time I thought that thing was full of worms instead of intestines. Made it considerably more disturbing.

Wow, kid-me thought the exact same thing at the time. Weird, haven't thought about that mental image for years.

(to be fair to me, English isn't my first language, so when I was younger a lot of those kinds of movies were more visual experiences for me - although movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones were still very easy to follow. Possibly partly a reason for their international popularity)

Good morning!!!! New Star Wars footage, LUKE SKYWALKER doing more than starring at us!

Man the line stuff is nuts, as soon as I saw it yesterday I know if you weren't in the line yet it's over, no live show for you. That's the thing about having the major panel the second day. Everyone is there already so a ton of people will take that day just to wait in line. It sucks fhey didn't follow directions.

I didn't plan this well, couldn't get many friends to take off work or anything. I wish I could have tagged along with some gaffers, then maybe I would have done the sleep over thing. Ill just watch it online with everyone else though. I am happy, yesterday was magical. Definetly want to do this properly for the episode 9 celebration, where it would be an actual vacation travel event for me and not just oh drive to Orlando again.

kevin1025

Banned
Is everyone excited for the trailer where Luke savagely cuts open one of the Knights of Ren and says, "I thought they smelled bad... on the outside!"

Boem

Can't think of anything that bests it

The Episode 1 trailer was really special at the time. Watched the hell out of that. This was before I had seen the movie (before it came out in fact) and realized what it actually was. But man that trailer was amazing. It's easy to forget how insane the special effects were at the time. I had never seen anything like it.

Then the movie came out, and I didn't really care about Star Wars for years after that. Only saw Episode 2 and 3 because my friends wanted to see it, and I did it out of obligation. But I wasn't into it at all myself. Really only got into it a bit again when the Disney deal happened and especially when we got closer to TFA.

Ridisc

Banned
One thing that does cross the mind however, maybe the big moment this trailer will revolve the new characters, selling 7 with Han was somewhat necessary in terms of the wider audience, but perhaps they will go with more Rey for this one to show the story has moved on.

Waldini

What would justify Ewan being in The Last Jedi? How could he possibly mentor Luke or Rey? Luke has been training for 30+ years and should be the most powerfull Force User out there at this time. I don't think he can learn anything apar.. ap... o god.

Obi-Wan is gonna teach Luke how he can become a Forge Ghost!

NO!

NO! GO AWAY.

Anyway, still got this gut feeling Ewan is going to be called on stage during the Closing Ceremony. There's too many rumors and "yes, I'd love to do it" by both LucasFilm and Ewan himself...

The Episode 1 trailer was really special at the time. Watched the hell out of that. This was before I had seen the movie (before it came out in fact) and realized what it actually was. But man that trailer was amazing. It's easy to forget how insane the special effects were at the time. I had never seen anything like it.

Then the movie came out, and I didn't really care about Star Wars for years after that. Only saw Episode 2 and 3 because my friends wanted to see it, and I did it out of obligation. But I wasn't into it at all myself. Really only got into it a bit again when the Disney deal happened and especially when we got closer to TFA.

Episode 1 trailer will forever be the biggest trailer event in movie history. People went to the theaters, paid for some random movie (waterboy which was great) just to watch the trailer. Then left the theater after the trailer, then came back after the movie ended to see it again.

This was before the internet streamed a trailer to everyone. You had to put effort to go see it and everyone did. The first new footage of Star Wars in 15 years. Nothing can top that experience.

Surfinn

True

But my god watch the EP1 trailer then the TFA trailer

kevin1025

Banned
One thing that does cross the mind however, maybe the big moment this trailer will revolve the new characters, selling 7 with Han was somewhat necessary in terms of the wider audience, but perhaps they will go with more Rey for this one to show the story has moved on.

I'm expecting Leia voiceover, as a tribute, while showing off cool shots before the big money maker at the end (Knights of Ren vs Luke and Rey).

Boem

Things I'm interested in seeing in the trailer:

- Luke, obviously, especially hearing him talk. Also maybe seeing him in a different context/outfit.

- Getting an idea of what the hell Finn will be doing in this movie, since I have no idea. I'm guessing (at least at the start of it) more of a rebel solo mission with Poe.
just kiss already

- I'm guessing Kylo will look a little different. He got injured pretty bad, and now that he killed his dad I feel like he's going full dark side (or at least further into it).

- Whatever new planets we'll get.

- Definitely expecting a returning character surprise. Not exactly hoping - I don't think the movie needs it - but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Given that this movie will go more into the Jedi business, Yoda seems like a good guess. Maybe ghost Yoda. Maybe just his voice at the end.

True

But my god watch the EP1 trailer then the TFA trailer

Oh yeah, putting them side by side that first TFA trailer wins. Don't think the new trailer will be able to top that, since the context surrounding TFA added so much to it. People were (and I definitely was) so hungry for a high quality SW movie after all these years. Amazing work - you see so little but so much at the same time.

DeathyBoy

Banned
What would justify Ewan being in The Last Jedi? How could he possibly mentor Luke or Rey? Luke has been training for 30+ years and should be the most powerfull Force User out there at this time. I don't think he can learn anything apar.. ap... o god.

Obi-Wan is gonna teach Luke how he can become a Forge Ghost!

NO!

NO! GO AWAY.

Anyway, still got this gut feeling Ewan is going to be called on stage during the Closing Ceremony. There's too many rumors and "yes, I'd love to do it" by both LucasFilm and Ewan himself...

Luke: She's not ready.
Obi-Wan: Neither were you.

Like poetry, it rhymes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom