• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Emarv

BB-8 having any kind of gender at all is really kind of dumb. It's a ball that bloops and bleeps.

Yup. No real point and the pronoun could easily be "it". The problem is protocol droids like C3PO having to have human voices. Otherwise it makes no difference. BB-8 should be whatever you want it to be.

Chuckie

Yup. No real point and the pronoun could easily be "it". The problem is protocol droids like C3PO having to have human voices. Otherwise it makes no difference. BB-8 should be whatever you want it to be.

Yeah there is no 'point' however in Star Wars droids always have a 'gender', also Astromechs. Its not something I made up.

Meowster

The first half of The Force Awakens is Star Wars at its best.

Watching it with my boyfriend now that we are all settled in our new home and everything is just so good. The acting, the score, the cinematography, the reactions between the characters. It kinda drops in quality after Han is introduced but it is still good throughout.

Dunno why it never occurred to me to do this until now:

There's a couple videos that edit both chapters of 2003's Clone Wars into a single video, but they just kinda scotch tape 'em together, and one's upscaled to 720p (doesn't look great) and one's stuck at 360p (lower-res than it should be)

So I edited em together like I did the radio dramas and upped 'em.

https://youtu.be/qqtjMoLKxkg

There you go.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

There's a couple videos that edit both chapters of 2003's Clone Wars into a single video, but they just kinda scotch tape 'em together, and one's upscaled to 720p (doesn't look great) and one's stuck at 360p (lower-res than it should be)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7mWGJY477I

There you go.

Doing the Force's work, Bobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7mWGJY477I

There you go.
Nice! Thanks for this, I've been wanting to have a good quality version of Clone Wars to grab clips from whenever I wanted.

Is the video only being playable on the desktop site some YouTube shenanigans at work?

Lari

At least out of the people I know, i'm the person who loves The Force Awakens the most.
It's become my third favorite film in the series.

I love the new characters and their interactions. Rey fighting Kylo Ren in the snowy woods is just a fantastic sequence.

If only they didn't feel the need to give us yet another Death Star (starkiller base, whatevs)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
At least out of the people I know, i'm the person who loves The Force Awakens the most.
It's become my third favorite film in the series.

I love the new characters and their interactions. Rey fighting Kylo Ren in the snowy woods is just a fantastic sequence.

If only they didn't feel the need to give us yet another Death Star (starkiller base, whatevs)

*whispers in your ear* it'sactuallythebeststarwarsmovie

Lari

*whispers in your ear* it'sactuallythebeststarwarsmovie

Hey now, let's not get crazy.

My favorite is Empire Strikes Back, it's a nearly perfect film. It introduces Yoda, develops the Leia / Han romance and Luke's fight with Vader is incredible.

A New Hope is a super close second, not that I think it's actually that great of a film now, but it's so important being the first that it deserves the high spot.

I definitely rank The Force Awakens above Return of the Jedi though, I always thought Jedi felt kinda rushed in spots and tone wise it feels a little off. But I don't hate the Ewoks like many do.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's totally fine, I barely understand myself. =D

Out of curiosity what are your faves?
Empire
A New Hope = The Return of the Jedi
TFA
Revenge
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones.

Dunno, I loved TFA at the first viewing and was really bored by it at the second viewing at home. Maybe that will change when I see it yet another time, but its of course far superior to the Prequels.

Lari

Empire
A New Hope = The Return of the Jedi
TFA
Revenge
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones.

Dunno, I loved TFA at the first viewing and was really bored by it at the second viewing at home. Maybe that will change when I see it yet another time, but its of course far superior to the Prequels.

Oh ok, apart from the placement of Jedi my ordering is the same.
We can get along, lol. ;D

Poe Dameron #14 was definitely hinting at
Poe's move to more of a leadership role
in The Last Jedi. Nice to see Leia have a larger role in the book as well.
The part where Leia said she'd probably be joining Lu'lo soon hit close to home.

iosefe

since we are talking books again, go get Thrawn. Zahn did great, and i can't help but hear Lars Mikkelsen when i read his lines. so smooth

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Have you noticed that we see in the TLJ Trailer for the first time a trace of paper in the galaxy far, far away?
Unless Rey opens the Jedi Chronicle and a Hologram appears :D

Einchy

I'm up to chapter 35 in Rebel Rising now and this book is bleak as fuck. LFL has been doing a great job at making the Dark Times, well, dark in canon.

It's okay, I'm sure everything will work out and she will live a long and happy life.

Malyse

I read a few reviews last week and they said the same. How would you rate it so far?
I liked it a lot. Slow start, but it picks up. You really understand Jyn as a character, but it doesn't answer
why Saw thought she was there to kill him.
But Jesus is it dark. Jyn went through more shit than anyone else in canon.
I'm up to chapter 35 in Rebel Rising now and this book is bleak as fuck. LFL has been doing a great job at making the Dark Times, well, dark in canon.
I finished and man. That plus the Rogue One novel?

MAN.

sphagnum

Banned
I read a few reviews last week and they said the same. How would you rate it so far?

It's pretty good. In terma of the YA novels, it's better than the Ahsoka novel. I wouldn't place it above Lost Stars, though I haven't finished this yet.

You get a much deeper examination of who Jyn and Saw are as characters and how her life went off the rails. I do think they might have overstepped though in
making Saw a literal admitted terrorist who openly says "Yeah maybe we should adopt terrorism as a tactic"
. I didn't get that sense from the movie where it seemed to me like he just didn't care about civilian casualties, not that he wanted to be particularly brutal. It almost seems like Jyn has Stockholm Syndrome now, or at least in part of the book.

Einchy

The Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney Hollywood is awesome.

Seems like a shit ton of people come here for Star Wars, I'm seeing tons of Star Wars shirts left and right.

Is visiting this thread causing me to get so many combat lightsaber ads? XD

No Lucasfilm shills here. No siree.

QVgU7wEY0RlV6.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Poe Dameron #14 was definitely hinting at
Poe's move to more of a leadership role
in The Last Jedi. Nice to see Leia have a larger role in the book as well.
The part where Leia said she'd probably be joining Lu'lo soon hit close to home.

I took it as a strong foreshadowing of how Lucasfilm will handle Carrie's death: Poe will
take over in Episode 9 (not 8, IMO) as leader of the Resistance and they'll write in Leia's off-screen death.
Very interesting comic issue despite having no action.

Ezalc

I took it as a strong foreshadowing of how Lucasfilm will handle Carrie's death: Poe will
take over in Episode 9 (not 8, IMO) as leader of the Resistance and they'll write in Leia's off-screen death.
Very interesting comic issue despite having no action.

I'm not even following the comic, though now this is making me want to, however, all this about Poe seems pretty interesting.

I stopped reading around issue 8. Should i continue on with the Poe comics? I see the trade paperback of 8-13 comes out in July, so maybe ill finish of those issues with that.

sphagnum

Banned
Poe reads better back to back than waiting, that's for sure.

Just finished Rebel Rising. I think the end was a bit rushed and it doesn't quite synch up with Rogue One as we see it on screen or read it in the novel but overall I'd recommend it. I get the feeling this was written though based on an earlier version of RO for a couple reasons - namely
the focus on her necklace, the fact that Jyn's main skill is forgery which never really comes up in the film, and the fact that she enthusiastically embraces the Rebellion at the first meeting on Yavin.

If you think Jyn is boring, this book will give you an entirely different view of her which is one of absolute pity.

Finished Thrawn. Got a little repetitive for my taste near the end but overall was a fun read and worth the time.
Eli Vanto was a fun character and I have a feeling it's not the last we see of him.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I stopped reading around issue 8. Should i continue on with the Poe comics? I see the trade paperback of 8-13 comes out in July, so maybe ill finish of those issues with that.

If you've read the first couple arcs, why not? May as well. The comic has never gotten great IMO but it's not bad. Perhaps sphagnum is right and the stories read better back to back -- I buy them every month so maybe that affects my opinion.

Einchy

Saw this fucked up shit at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
MidNp4v.jpg

You couldn't pay me to go back to this godforsaken place.

Top Bottom