• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

Still nothing. Though over on the official forums, seems like people are having cartel coin troubles, anyone try buying some today? Also, I guess the quick travel is for only one time? Sure wish they would add a permanent one. Would I be able to use the items in the packs? Says they are of rare quality and maybe a super rare. I can use those without the license? Looks like they come with pets too. Or I guess maybe the extra quickbar.

I didn't have any problem purchasing coins earlier today, bought some more to get a couple more packs.

Most things that come in them I imagine you wouldn't be able to use, RPGCrazied. If you want to spend the funds, I'd either A) subscribe and get more bang for your buck, or B) purchase packs and maybe sell what you find to fund your characters and legacy unlocks and stuff.

Drew K is not a good writer. He's very low on the scale of good scifi writers

I don't think anyone writing Star Wars/Star Wars EU stories is gonna be on many folks who's who if they have any sense. Doesn't mean they can't be entertaining reads.

Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis weren't exactly literary geniuses by any means (nor did they try to be), but they are the main reason I got into that genre when I was younger, for example. Sometimes folks just wanna read about Star Wars.

RPGCrazied

I didn't have any problem purchasing coins earlier today, bought some more to get a couple more packs.

Most things that come in them I imagine you wouldn't be able to use, RPGCrazied. If you want to spend the funds, I'd either A) subscribe and get more bang for your buck, or B) purchase packs and maybe sell what you find to fund your characters and legacy unlocks and stuff.

Oh well. If I don't have them by tomorrow I'm going to contact them. I have rares already equipped. And in the description of the packs it says rares and super rares. Isn't purples called Artifacts in this game? That's not in the description.

HBroward

Oh well. If I don't have them buy tomorrow I'm going to contact them. I have rares already equipped. And in the description of the packs it says rares and super rares. Isn't purples called Artifacts in this game? That's not in the description.

The good weapons are Artifact from the packs, most of the armor seems to be Orange (custom) gear. The speeders all seem to be artifact level. Most emotes in there seem to be blues so you are ok there. It's basically 50% of the stuff you potentially could get that you wouldn't be able to use. But as Alur said, you can gamble and hope to sell them for credits, but then you hit the 350k credit allowance preferred players have. Someone in the GAF guild would be willing to store credits for you as a "bank" I'm sure.

CzarTim

The good weapons are Artifact from the packs, most of the armor seems to be Orange (custom) gear. The speeders all seem to be artifact level. Most emotes in there seem to be blues so you are ok there. It's basically 50% of the stuff you potentially could get that you wouldn't be able to use.

Holy shit :lol

How the fuck did this happen? Jesus.

RPGCrazied

I still don't know why it says "rare" in the description but you can get purple and orange gear. Isn't that kinda worded wrong? Cause as I said, I have some blue items already equipped. It can't be pets, cause that is said separate with the 2 rares and chance of a super rare in the pack.

Alur

I still don't know why it says "rare" in the description but you can get purple and orange gear. Isn't that kinda worded wrong? Cause as I said, I have some blue items already equipped. It can't be pets, cause that is said separate with the 2 rares and chance of a super rare in the pack.

It's just the rarity of the item showing up in the pack I suppose? It is confusing I guess.

Alur

Cystm, does the Tythonian saber effect change colors based on the crystal that's in it? Forgive dat double post.

UltraMav

Wow, I just had a really weird hiccup. Logged in and was downgraded to F2P status with only one bar. Re-launching the game put me back to normal but had to put all of my hotbar stuff back.

Zafir

I highly recommend reading this interview Dulfy conducted with Damion Schubert. They tease some interesting things, like potentially getting dye packs for our armor, and the option to change your advanced class eventually. They also mention several new events next year, along with bringing back the old ones. So sell those rakghoul event items now, they will plummet once word gets out.
So long all Merc's and Commandos in PVP if AC changes are allowed.

RPGCrazied

I get this when I try and post on their forums:

" you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I made the account on the 11th. Anyone know what the deal is?

The account wide emote unlocks don't seem to be working. They are only unlocking on my character that opens them but not my whole account.

Drew K is not a good writer. He's very low on the scale of good scifi writers

Good thing Star Wars is not sci fi then eh? Whatever.

He wrote one of the best Star Wars book trilogies either way, and most people have enjoyed his work, the only minus he has had in his career has been the Revan novel. Mass Effect went to crap when they lost him too.

It is simply the rarity of the item in the pack. It's like a pack of trading cards, some are considered rare so you have less chance of pulling them. You have to be extra lucky to get a super rare. Stuff like boosts are common and you always get one. It has nothing to do with the item "quality" which is what the items color is.

Zafir

Thank you good sir. I was somewhat afraid I'd finally get one and it'd have goofy yellow tendrils on the side of my red or blue or whatever color saber crystal.

If you can find someone to link the saber and the crystal, you can see the different colours on it in the wardrobe. Ctrl click the saber first, and then ctrl click the crystal you want to see in it.

RPGCrazied

So they don't have a support number? Its been over 7 hours since I bought those coins, that I don't have, and was charged a $1.00. I made an in-game ticket, but don't think it will get responded too. I can't post on their forums cause... see my last post.

RPGCrazied

Wow. I hung up after an hour on hold. Really? You should see their CS forums, its swamped about Cartel Coin trouble. I guess I shouldn't be to mad.. yet, they only took a $1.00. Not like they took the whole $10 and not giving the coins. I really don't want to wait 2 hours on the phone to get this fixed. What to do...

vilmer_

Damn, how the hell does an Operative have 22k health in pvp and run around destroying people lol. I have a set path that I have been following in huttball and he knew exactly where I was going to be before the match even started and was on me stunning and bursting the shit out of me and to top it off /lol'ing at me the whole game ffs. THIS MEANS BUSINESS.

Won

Man, playing only for a bit, I can't believe how often the game tries to sell me subscriptions and cartel points already. What a desperate F2P model. :/

RPGCrazied

Man, playing only for a bit, I can't believe how often the game tries to sell me subscriptions and cartel points already. What a desperate F2P model. :/

Don't do it. Many people are having troubles with cartel coins. Some have been successful, but me, and a lot of forums from their site is not having a good day.

Launch free 2 play and cash shop, yet ppl cant properly buy stuff. It's pretty funny some of the obscene amounts of money folks are trying to spend though. They better hope they sort this crap out quick. Forum is packed with people literally wanting to toss money at BW

Alur

Launch free 2 play and cash shop, yet ppl cant properly buy stuff. It's pretty funny some of the obscene amounts of money folks are trying to spend though. They better hope they sort this crap out quick. Forum is packed with people literally wanting to toss money at BW

No doubt. I tried early yesterday to click the link and it took you straight to that error page they fixed in the patch. I went straight in from the website, but the whole thing (website and all) was down for some time and I'm sure there were new folks who didn't think of going in that way...wonder how much that cost them?

I feel like I've said this a hundred times, I love this game...but damn if these dudes aren't the Bad News Bears of developers. Even when they are winning they can't keep one foot going in front of the other. I dunno what's up with the cartel coin issue, if it got overloaded or there's a bug or error on their end or what...but you'd think that'd be the one thing they'd be all over and have 100% - their cash flow.

UltraMav

Jesus Christ, the server just rolled back approximately 20 minutes and removed all of the items I had gotten from the gambling boxes, but the 1200 or so cartel coins I spent on them are still missing from my account.

I'm sure BW will replace them, but man this launch is starting to not turn out so great.

EDIT: Also looks like the Destroyer set I mailed to my JK is stuck in limbo. I unable to retrieve any mail even though it says I have 2 waiting for me.

Alur

Keep getting nothing but garbage from the cartel packs, not gonna bother to buy those anymore, just a waste of points.

This has been my experience mostly. I enjoyed the opening though...at least til I saw what was in most of em. I made a good bit off the spare mats I got as well.

HBroward

I'll catch up with you tomorrow Qruul, I'll send the last aug kit over tonight. Hope you get two thrones somehow or an extra white crystal!

Alur

That works man. We'll be able to actually trade tomorrow anyway.

Had an extensive mid battle in Civil War and won 10-0. The fruit of my labor...

...1,103,735 healing. New record for me. In dat bubble spec even. I can't even imagine what I could have done with the circle...assuming I could've lived long enough to use it. Neb almost hit 1.5 million in the same game on the other team and his tank had a ridiculous amount of protection.

Empire GAF am proud?

HBroward

Damn, Neb is crazy. Grats on the million+! You should be mighty proud of those numbers, especially considering you are probably running bubble spec! I want to get my sorc in for some more cross healing action!

hamchan

Back in this game now that it's free. I am so glad I made 8 different classes previously so I'm not restricted to 2 characters. I'm glad that sprint is level 1 now. I'm not glad that I'm only restricted to two quickbars, that is ridiculous. Messing with the UI is not the way to go for F2P. Other things like lower exp and locking races is fair enough.

I'm also sad to see the old GAF Empire on Keller's Void is no more. Used to be so huge back in the day.

Necrovex

Back in this game now that it's free. I am so glad I made 8 different classes previously so I'm not restricted to 2 characters. I'm glad that sprint is level 1 now. I'm not glad that I'm only restricted to two quickbars, that is ridiculous. Messing with the UI is not the way to go for F2P. Other things like lower exp and locking races is fair enough.

I'm also sad to see the old GAF Empire on Keller's Void is no more. Used to be so huge back in the day.

I know! I joined the guild last night, and there was only me and another guy. I missed the vastness of the Gaf Empire. :-(

RPGCrazied

Still don't have my coins, EA/Bioware, you suck! :( I'm afraid to try and buy again at this point. Anyway, I have a couple of flash points now, does this game have an LFR tool like wow, or is it pretty much asking for help in general?

Alur

So for those of you early birds, if you've got Fire Bellied/Gold Bellied Vrblet's or any of the rifles, I'd put em on the GTN now. They are going for way more than anything else and it's only gonna go down as people get on and flood the market. The pink-purple crystals can't go on there apparently, and the mounts and statues are worth piddling amounts. Overlord's Throne is selling for 6 million, which is cheaper than I expected as well.

EDIT: One handed and two handed lightsabers, as well as the black nebula blaster are going for big bucks too. The other guns not so much. Also the mask is selling for about 3.1-3.5 million. If the market keeps getting flooded, the mask and throne are gonna fall into reasonable stratosphere for a bit til everyone stops buying up packs in droves in a week or so.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Still don't have my coins, EA/Bioware, you suck! :( I'm afraid to try and buy again at this point. Anyway, I have a couple of flash points now, does this game have an LFR tool like wow, or is it pretty much asking for help in general?

On your minimap there is a button in the top left that looks like 3 people, click that for the group finder.

Gamble

finally decided to resub and I am now completely out of touch with this game i don't even remember what the trees do for my assassin anymore lol

Alur

finally decided to resub and I am now completely out of touch with this game i don't even remember what the trees do for my assassin anymore lol

That's cool, you'll pick it up quick. Darkness is your tank tree, Deception is your glass cannon stealth/high single target attack tree, and Madness is more DoT based damage. My main experience is with Darkness and Deception, but they are both fun. And if you're still leveling you can't go wrong as a tank for those instant/quick queues in the new group finder.

Gamble

That's cool, you'll pick it up quick. Darkness is your tank tree, Deception is your glass cannon stealth/high single target attack tree, and Madness is more DoT based damage. My main experience is with Darkness and Deception, but they are both fun. And if you're still leveling you can't go wrong as a tank for those instant/quick queues in the new group finder.

Yeah I'm actually looking at my gear and stats now debating if i should go into darkness, naturally all talents were reset so i have NO clue ho I was originally speced

HBroward

Wow it is a clusterfuck with so many people trying to trade in general chat, so hard to keep up with whispers too. You mention you have stuff and are bombarded, damn.

Top Bottom