• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

So, opened 4 packs. Got a stack of alien data cubes, 5 mandalorian irons, 3 rendili nightshades, cartel collector title, a plethora of pets, and a pink purple endurance crystal. LOL, in other words, I wasted it.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So, opened 4 packs. Got a stack of alien data cubes, 5 mandalorian irons, 3 rendili nightshades, cartel collector title, a plethora of pets, and a pink purple endurance crystal. LOL, in other words, I wasted it.

Not a total waste because you can sell all that stuff. Keep the money and buy the stuff you want.

Cystm

iXSYeRTUpXjex.png

ibd5UKJwOBPR4k.gif

Fraps bugged out the animation, but look at that effect!

HBroward

Nice, was that from a pack? I'm downloading the patch as we speak, hoping I get some Yooni luck since he isn't here to monopolize it all. The spirit of Yoona the original lootwhore lives on in all of us.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Subbed to get my 1500 coins. now I need to remember how2play

Miletius

Any way to get extra character slots besides subbing? Kind of bummed that I can't roll a new char in order to celebrate the launch.

Cystm

I have to go to work. Fuuuuuuuck.

Nice, was that from a pack? I'm downloading the patch as we speak, hoping I get some Yooni luck since he isn't here to monopolize it all. The spirit of Yoona the original lootwhore lives on in all of us.

Yeah it's from a pack.

Alur

I also got 2 of the Rangehunter EE rifles and 1 maxtec rifle and 1 heavy blaster. All pretty cool, and all useless for me of course. Dat GTN calling me tomorrow night.

Edit: Will gladly trade for one of those sabers if one of you gun wielders gets one and wants to swap.

HBroward

Are those rifles usable by snipers? I want one of the ones with a laser sight if those are them. I can pay well also, hit me up before you gtn them.

Only got 3 packs, nothing good though the xp boosts will be nice for my alts, but oh well. Not big on pets either but whatever. Bought a bunch of legacy unlocks though but saving up my coins for now for the future if something interesting comes to mind.

I can see them making a ton though already on folks blowing their wallets on these packs, the way ppl have been talking about them in chat, there is a bunch who are just spending a lot on this stuff. "I just spent $50 on these packs and no hover chair!" "I just spent $30, someone stop me!"

I believe you can buy character slots from the Cartel Market.

You can't buy more character slots. Makes no sense why they wouldn't as it seems like an easy sell for f2p players.

vilmer_

I just caved and bought another $20 worth of cartel coins. Crime lord's cartel packs are becoming the bane of my existence.

I'm assuming they couldn't get the infrastructure done in time.

Perhaps, since they aren't locking out the free players from their extra old character slots if they had them. Theres lot of little things also that is surprisingly not on the cartel market that most f2p games have on their.

RPGCrazied

I'm feeling the restrictions now. Mainly the quick travel. It was 30 minutes, now its 2 hours?! Ouch. No rest XP and lower XP gain is kinda sucky too.

I'd like to buy more character slots for my subscription as well, so hopefully they add it sometime. Would like to have enough slots for one of each advanced class.

I'm tempted to log-in for a bit; however I lost access to my account/key authenticator so now I have to wait on Support. Anyone know if it's a hassle to deal with this issue?

Alur

Are those rifles usable by snipers? I want one of the ones with a laser sight if those are them. I can pay well also, hit me up before you gtn them.

I'm sure one of the two is. The max-tec says sniper rifle, the two EE thingies say blaster rifle. I'll be glad to sell/trade you one mane.

Heysoos

Section X is absolutely amazing in many ways. It's a world pvp'ers dream lol.

It is! Me and my group got jumped multiple times while doing our HK quest line there. Guess they figured we were PVE geared. :LOL. I got one smash for 8k on one guy, and 7k on two others.

RPGCrazied

Halfway to level 13. So far 2 action bars is fine. And thanks for saying to roll an imperial agent, the story is pretty good so far. I try and go for all the darkside choices. :) If your gonna be evil, might as well go all out.

I seem to have found a flaw in their billing. My CC couldn't be charged due to it expiring but it still gave me the 500cp and then when I renewed with a non expired card it gave me another 500cp.

aett

I just noticed that they changed the level requirements for Legacy speeder licenses. It used to be 10, 30, 40, but now it's 10, 25, 35. I thought "damn, good timing" because I just got to Hoth with an alt at level 37, so I bought the third speeder training.

The problem now is that I can't equip a rank 3 speeder because it says "You do not meet the level requirement of this vehicle". The hell? I'm assuming that if I had one of the Cartel pack vehicles that automatically increase in speed as you increase your speeder rank, it would count as rank 3 now. Anyone know what level I should be able to equip other rank 3 speeders? Is it still level 40 for Legacy unlocks?

Cystm

I just noticed that they changed the level requirements for Legacy speeder licenses. It used to be 10, 30, 40, but now it's 10, 25, 35. I thought "damn, good timing" because I just got to Hoth with an alt at level 37, so I bought the third speeder training.

The problem now is that I can't equip a rank 3 speeder because it says "You do not meet the level requirement of this vehicle". The hell? I'm assuming that if I had one of the Cartel pack vehicles that automatically increase in speed as you increase your speeder rank, it would count as rank 3 now. Anyone know what level I should be able to equip other rank 3 speeders? Is it still level 40 for Legacy unlocks?

All your speeders are 110% movement speed retroactively after buying the rank 3 legacy unlocks. As for not being able to bind rank 3 mounts from the vendors? Shouldn't matter really, you get the speed increase either way. Small oversight perhaps.

HBroward

Yeah just missed them. Got HK as well tonight, spent too much money on packs that yielded less than desirable results. Horrifying memories of champion bags bubbling up from where I had buried them in the depths of my subconscious. It's ok though, I got a couple Malgus Holostatues, and a couple neat mounts, and a ton of pets. And others like Qruul were lucky enough to get what I actually wanted, and trades have been initiated. Let the great bartering begin.

(I'm saving some pets for you Yooni, don't feel left out!)

Alur

Got HK as well tonight...

(I'm saving some pets for you Yooni, don't feel left out!)

I decided to wait on HK cause I knew everyone would be in there going hog wild. Plus I had to finish getting Warlord, so now I feel like a true old school PVPer again.

82A1u.jpg

That's awesome. Thank you.

What ones he doesn't come up with, I may have some as well if you're searching man. I got triples of some, and only need 1 of some and 2 of certain others. I got the bats or whatever they are and the probes in droves.

I've been playing around on my Guardian lvl 29 for a few hours. I log in, get familiar with everything, and start playing.

I'm not feeling it. It's not the feeling of having missed it. I'm wondering if I should delete my character and start over? I havent played since launch. Should I play with a RL-Friend.

It's not SWTORs fault that it ain't TERA/GW2, but goddamit I've gotten used to the action combat, and I cant stop but be upset at my vaseline dead-stare character made of clay, the crazy run animations like it's from a benny hill segment and other stuff.

But the game is great. I know it is, because I had a lot fun playing this at launch. Why does other games suddenly make one entitled and become all like this-does-things-differently-so-its-poo?
Maybe it's just habits?

Top Bottom