• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft 2 Beta - 1v1 Tournament

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
NEOGAF US STARCRAFT 2 BETA 1v1 TOURNAMENT

--> BRACKET: http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html <--

RULES - Please read all rules before you start a match!

1. This tournament is double elminination, best out of 3. That means every matchup must consist of at least 2 games. If a participant loses a matchup, they will have another chance before they are removed from the bracket.

2. Each round has a deadline of 3 DAYS, or 72 hours. The deadline to get your matches done will be at 12 PM (NOON) EST on the third day. For example, a round will start at Noon on Monday, and will end at Noon Thursday. The next round will start on Noon Thursday, ending Noon Sunday. Communicate with your opponents and upcoming opponents as soon as possible so you do not miss the deadline!

Participants are allowed/encourage to start up later matchups if timing/scheduling and the bracket allows. However, this will not affect the timing of the deadlines unless every matchup in the next round is completed before the deadline of the current round.

IMPORTANT! The first round is an exception, and will have a 5 DAY deadline since not everybody will know the tournament starts the moment this is posted..

3. Participants are asked to "check in" whenever a new round begins. To check in, post your Starcraft 2 ID and state you are ready for the round. This is done to help decide the winner in cases when you and your opponent do not finish the matchup before the deadline. If one participant checks in but the other does not, than the player who checks in automatically wins the matchup if they deadline isn't met. If both or neither player checks in, than the winner is determined through coin toss. However, you cannot win twice in a row via coin toss.

4. Players must choose a race option during their first matchup. For example, a player who chooses Zerg for the first round must remain Zerg for the rest of the tournament. A player who chooses Random must remain Random for the rest of the tournament.

5. At the completion of a matchup, one of the participants must post the outcome of the game in this thread. It's also highly recommended that you post your replays with the results. Upload them to the file sharing site of your choice. Try http://www.mediafire.com/ or http://www.megaupload.com

6. MAP RULES. First round map will be Steppes of War. Second round map will be Lost Temple. Third round map, if required, will be Blistering Sands.

7. No builds are off limits. Proxies, 6 pools, cannon rushes, etc are all fair game.

8. GL HF GG

ZealousD

ROUND 1

Ice Monkey (operation.cwal) vs MisterAnderson (PyroGX.ptmc)

Trasher (trasher.trasher) vs ZealousD (Zealous.demon)

Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega) vs nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz)

TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx) vs fatty (Robert.fatty)

shagg_187 (shagg.gaf) vs valenti (valenti.valenti)

Wedge7 (wedge.wedge) vs AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted)

Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito) vs -COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick)

Deadline is April 4th at Noon EST. The deadline for the first round has an extra two days over most rounds, just in case people miss the bracket today.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Even though I am not in Round 1... LET THE GAMES COMMENCE

Also you mean * http://www.mediafire.com/ for uploading.
No wait time, can download multiple files at once, make folders, comparable DL speed (not that it matters for a 200KB file though).

Maybe someone can chime in with one of those replay sites that lets you UL and it takes the info and displays it.

Cheeto

Alright Coolio, I can do our games this afternoon if you're up for it. I'll be home from work around 6pm EST and I can play until about 8pm and then I should be back around ~ 10pm to 11:30-12pm.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Cheeto said:
Alright Coolio, I can do our games this afternoon if you're up for it. I'll be home from work around 6pm EST and I can play until about 8pm and then I should be back around ~ 10pm to 11:30-12pm.
ok i think 7pm should be good for both of us

LETS BRING THE RAIN.

ZealousD

Make sure you guys post your race either when you check in or during your first matchup.

FromTheFuture said:
Did i get kicked out of the tourney?

No. Bracket is a bit wonky due to the odd number of players, so your first game is in Round 2.

ZealousD said:
No. Bracket is a bit wonky due to the odd number of players, so your first game is in Round 2.
Oh, I'm just blind as hell. Scanned through the bracket multiple times and didn't see my name at the very top at all :lol

mannerbot

ZealousD said:
We had signups for about a week in the main thread. It's a little too late now. =/

With such an odd number of players, it shouldn't be too hard to just throw people in against some of the players that have byes. Regardless, I know how much of a pain it can be to set up these multi-day online tournaments so it's understandable if you can't be bothered to change the bracket. I'm not sure if you used a bracket generator or not but if you did it by hand, seems like it was probably really annoying drawing all the lines. :lol

mannerbot said:
With such an odd number of players, it shouldn't be too hard to just throw people in against some of the players that have byes. Regardless, I know how much of a pain it can be to set up these multi-day online tournaments so it's understandable if you can't be bothered to change the bracket. I'm not sure if you used a bracket generator or not but if you did it by hand, seems like it was probably really annoying drawing all the lines. :lol

it would be easy to add players to fight for the spots that have byes, but I think we would have to wait until we had enough people to take up all the additional bye spots

mannerbot

Ice Monkey said:
it would be easy to add players to fight for the spots that have byes, but I think we would have to wait until we had enough people to take up all the additional bye spots

There are 24 players currently in the tournament. This means that another 8 players can easily be added without any significant changes to the bracket for a standard 32 players. Again, I know it can be a pain to organize tournaments and I understand if ZealousD doesn't want to add players. It's really not a big deal at all. Just giving my two cents.

ZealousD

mannerbot said:
There are 24 players currently in the tournament. This means that another 8 players can easily be added without any significant changes to the bracket for a standard 32 players. Again, I know it can be a pain to organize tournaments and I understand if ZealousD doesn't want to add players. It's really not a big deal at all. Just giving my two cents.

It's actually 23.

But I gave people like a week to sign up in the Starcraft 2 Beta thread and told people in-game about it. It also was a bit of a hassle to setup the bracket. I'm sorry if you didn't get in, but I'm sure we'll do other SC2 tournaments in the future.

ZealousD

By the way guys, please send in your replays once you're done. I thinking of giving away some funny awards at the end, so even if you don't make it to the finals, you can feel like you've accomplished something. :lol :D

actually i take back what i said about it being easy. Each of the losers from the added first matcches would need a place to go which complicates things.

mannerbot

Ice Monkey said:
actually i take back what i said about it being easy. Each of the losers from the added first matcches would need a place to go which complicates things.

The loser's bracket is already set up, so it doesn't complicate things at all. They just go in their appropriate slots in the loser's bracket when eliminated.

ZealousD: No problem. Have fun guys!
Also, in the future you can make things easier for yourself by using a bracket generator. I used to use battlereports.com but I guess it's gone down sometime in the past 7 years. :p Tonamento could probably be used and I've heard especially good things about http://binarybeast.com/

Cheeto

ZealousD said:
By the way guys, please send in your replays once you're done. I thinking of giving away some funny awards at the end, so even if you don't make it to the finals, you can feel like you've accomplished something. :lol :D
Like SC2 razzies? that's a great idea

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ZealousD said:
so far i think im in the running for 'most cheese'

ZealousD

Cheeto said:
Like SC2 razzies? that's a great idea

Haha, well good ones and bad ones. Here's some examples I was thinking of.

The "Leeroy Jenkins" Award for Most Epic Fail in a Push
The "Party Cloudy, Chance of Rain" Award for Most Kills by a High Templar
The "Sharp Cheddar" Award for Most Brilliantly Executed Cheese Strat

Ice Monkey said:
misteranderson, I'm checking in but I may not be able to do it tonight. Lemme know when you're available etc etc.

I'm available whenever, just let me know. I've been hoping to get some more practice in but I'm down for our games whenever you are.

PS: Good games Coolio and Cheeto, I watched all three and they were entertaining, so many of your battles were really close.

ZealousD

Round 1 - Trasher (P) vs ZealousD (R)
Result: 2-1 Trasher

Game 1 - Trasher (P) beats ZealousD (R-T)
Game 2 - ZealousD (R-T) beats Trasher(P)
Game 3 - Trasher (P) beats ZealousD (R-T)

Replays: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycxrinmonmm

Those were some damn good and close games.

aaaaaaaaaand operation.cwal fails!

misteranderson won vs me 2-1, he deserved it because i played terribad except for zergalicious

ZealousD

Trasher said:
GG's man. Those were a lot of fun.

Looking at that replay, I had no idea how early my cover was blown on that backdoor proxy.

Also realized that the fact that you showed up as white on my minimap is part of the reason I didn't see that pylon, lol.

DemiMatt

Wow, looks like I get PyroGX, next round. FEAR THE BANSHEES! IMA POSSES ALL YOUR UNITS!

wait....what game are we playing again?

DemiMatt said:
Wow, looks like I get PyroGX, next round. FEAR THE BANSHEES! IMA POSSES ALL YOUR UNITS!

wait....what game are we playing again?

lol why wow for pyro? You really wanted to bancheeze the crap outta me didnt you >:-O

Top Bottom