• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft 2 Beta - 1v1 Tournament

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Bracket updated. If fatty can organize a game with haz, than he'll take pez's place in the bracket. Otherwise, I'll be setting Pez to auto loss for his match with haz and his match in the loser's bracket.

Remember guys, tomorrow night is the last night. Round 2 ends at Noon Wednesday.

DemiMatt

MisterAnderson said:
PyroGX checking in although I'd prefer to have tonight and some of tomorrow to practice some more if that's okay Demi; if you can't play tomorrow though I'm down to play tonight.

TBH I didnt know this was you pyro, hahaha.

Sorry about last night I hvnt played since thurs and I needed to get some timings down. I am game to play tonight or after 9 tomorrow night pst. LMK

Otherwise this is demi CHECKING IN!

Do we have to declare race?

Wedge7

Hey Panda, I'm good to play sometimes tonight, dont really have any time, perhaps sometime from 8PM to midnight et? I could also possibly play earlier, like 2-5 PM ET as well.

Message me in game or PM me please.

Just wanted to apologize to Wedge and/or everyone. I was out of town visiting parents this weekend and didn't have a chance to play. Even when I did for a bit on Friday night I was at a friends place playing on an unfamiliar PC and we were just playing against each other. I will try to stay more on top of things next time.

ZealousD

DemiMatt said:
is this for the tournament or for each set, or for each round?

You stick with one race (or as Random) for the entire tournament.

DemiMatt said:
TBH I didnt know this was you pyro, hahaha.

Sorry about last night I hvnt played since thurs and I needed to get some timings down. I am game to play tonight or after 9 tomorrow night pst. LMK

Otherwise this is demi CHECKING IN!

Do we have to declare race?

No worries I've been practicing myself, just let me know when you wanna play tonight (I don't think we can play tomorrow after 9pm, I think we need to have played our matches by noon tomorrow)

ZealousD

MisterAnderson said:
(I don't think we can play tomorrow after 9pm, I think we need to have played our matches by noon tomorrow)

This is correct. Noon tomorrow is the deadline.

So if you guys don't get your matches done tonight, you'd have to finish them very early tomorrow morning. =P

ZealousD

Also, there are still some matches which haven't had their replays posted yet. If you guys could please get those posted I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

DemiMatt

handbanana.jpg

Not sure what you tried to post Demi, it came out blank so I'm assuming you tried to hotlink an image. Are you going to be on tonight? The deadline for our match-up is noon tomorrow

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MisterAnderson said:
Not sure what you tried to post Demi, it came out blank so I'm assuming you tried to hotlink an image. Are you going to be on tonight? The deadline for our match-up is noon tomorrow
are you guys playing now? can i spec?

DemiMatt

GG to Pyro.

Demi 2 - 0

1st round Demi (T) vs Pyro (Z)
2nd round Demi (T) vs Pyro (P)

Do I post the replays or does someone else?

ZealousD

ROUND 2 DEADLINE - START OF ROUND 3

Bracket Updated
http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html

Round 2 Loose Ends

1. TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx) concedes all matches, drops out of tournament.

2. nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) vs Elixtar (elix.elix) - Nilbog wins by check in.

Round 3 Matchups

Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram) Z vs fatty (Robert.fatty)

MisterAnderson (PyroGX.ptmc) R vs shagg_187 (shagg.gaf)

Trasher (trasher.trasher) P vs AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted)

Elixtar (elix.elix) vs Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito) P

Ice Monkey (operation.cwal) R vs hobart (hobart.hobartaj) P

Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega) R vs Terproerg (Terproerg.terproerg) R

Deadline is Saturday April 10th at Noon EST. If you haven't played yet, remember to state your race during your first matchup.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in and post your replays!

Hmmmmmm. Trasher, tonight after the Phillies game works for me! That might be a little late for you though. Tomorrow after the game would work as well. I'm available most nights. Just let me know!

hobart

Checking in once again as P.

Ice (Operation)... I already have you on my list. I normally like to play around 12am EST... safest bet for me being around. I'm on from time to time even earlier than that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I realized I was in round 4 but if valenti is up for late Friday/ or Saturday games I should be open.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
let it be known that i just got rocked by wedge but that i will saw his ass in half in the rematch down the road

hobart

-COOLIO- said:
let it be known that i just got rocked by wedge but that i will saw his ass in half in the rematch down the road

We need more of this attitude. Not NEARLY enough shit talking in this tourney.

;)

Wedge7

-COOLIO- said:

Lol Coolio, fun games, I play completely different on these gaf matches as opposed to regular laddering. I get real nervous and my hands get all sweaty and slick, ugh, I feel tons of pressure. I was sorta wary when playing you cause I had heard that you were a very sneaky player, sneaky of course being potentially cheesy or something, wasn't too sure hehe. That combined with being another terrible TvT made me antsy.

The reaper harass in both games I think threw you off enough so that I could close the deal. Pretty hilariously bad instances of terrible micro by myself in both games, losing them to scvs and a marine without killing anything. Good games, I felt a few differences and the game coulda gone completely different. We both made tons of mistakes, at one point I think I had like 5 marauders qued up in one barracks haha.

In that second game, I felt that if I had pushed about 30 seconds to 1 minuter later, things may have been very different. You had medivacs/stims/and a seige tank popping out. Actually, to be honest, I was very curious to see what would have happened if you finished that drop, as all my guys were queing up in your base. We might have both traded bases. Whenever I attack I tend to forget to tech up, hence the lack of starport.

Game 1 - Wedge(T) vs Coolio (T)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V5249BGG

Game 2 - Wedge(T) vs Coolio (T)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PU1UZ3OC

Meeru

Banned
Hazaro said:
I realized I was in round 4 but if valenti is up for late Friday/ or Saturday games I should be open.
Hmm, Thursday night works for me as well, but I can do late Friday night. I won't be available Saturday night :(

Cheeto

Checkin in for my games against Elix, tonight or tomorrow night works. I haven't seen Elix post here and he hasn't played a game in awhile, looking at his profile.

PyroGX checking in for my match against shagg. I'm not going to be on very much today due to work but later tonight and/or tomorrow I'll be available for the match.

hobart said:
We need more of this attitude. Not NEARLY enough shit talking in this tourney.

;)

I will EAT YOUR FACE and RIP OUT YOUR SKULL and then calmly while reading a calvin and hobbes SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK

/ice monkey checking in

My internet keeps dying tonight. I saw Trasher online, but I don't think I'll be able to play at this rate. Dropped out of two games. Hopefully tomorrow night Trasher, otherwise I cede to you.

Trasher

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
My internet keeps dying tonight. I saw Trasher online, but I don't think I'll be able to play at this rate. Dropped out of two games. Hopefully tomorrow night Trasher, otherwise I cede to you.
We can try tomorrow night and see if you can make it through a game or two. No big deal.

Top Bottom