• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft 2 Beta - 1v1 Tournament

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
State of Round 1 - We are still missing games for the following matchups

TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx) vs fatty (Robert.fatty)
shagg_187 (shagg.gaf) vs valenti (valenti.valenti)
Wedge7 (wedge.wedge) vs AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted)

fatty, shagg, and AbortedWalrusFetus have yet to check in. Remember that the deadline is this Sunday at Noon EST.

I also need replays and race choices from nilbog (vautrin) vs Milabrega.

Bracket is currently updated. Participants who are ready for Round 2 as always, may begin their matchups early if they want. Deadline for Round 2 is Wedsneday at Noon EST.

hobart

I dun wanna speak out of turn... but... I think TurtleSnatcher (Pezradar) is looking for someone to replace him. I recall him mentioning a few times that he wouldn't be able to put in the time to complete his matches during the next couple weeks due to an SF4 tourney he is in.

I'd check in for round 2, but I'm going camping tomorrow at noon for the weekend. Demi are you good to go during the week before Wednesday? I'll probably be good for Monday or Tuesday.

ZealousD said:
Haha, well good ones and bad ones. Here's some examples I was thinking of.

The "Leeroy Jenkins" Award for Most Epic Fail in a Push
The "Party Cloudy, Chance of Rain" Award for Most Kills by a High Templar
The "Sharp Cheddar" Award for Most Brilliantly Executed Cheese Strat

My contribution:

The "Turtle Power" Award for Most Effective use of Turtling.
The "Shell Shocked" Award for Least Effective use of Turtling.
The "Teh Pwnerer" Award for Best Micro-ing.
The "Fire and Forget" Award for Worst Micro-ing.
The "SimCity" Award for Best Macro-ing.

The "You're Fired" Award for Worst Macro-ing
The "Skynet" Award for Most Nukes Used in a game.
The "Pip-Boy" Award for Most Effective Use of a Nuke(s).
The "Quincy Taggart" Award for Best Comeback in a game.
The "I'll Be Back" Award for Best Overall Comeback in a round.
The "Chill Out, Dickwad" Award for Most Inventive Unit Combination.
The "Hudson" Award for Best Last Stand.

The "Here's My Invitation" Award for Best Surprise Attack.
The "72 Virgins" Award for Best Use of Banelings.
The "War of the Worlds" Award for Most Kills by a Collosus.

Please excuse any shitty references (or obscure ones). Hats off to anyone who gets all of them, although most of them are pretty much general GAF knowledge. Clearly I had Terminator on my mind (And Arnold in general apparently). If you have better ideas for names of these awards feel free to overrule my stupid names, but I think at the very least the categories are decent. I was contemplating "Never Give Up, Never Surrender" instead of "Quincy Taggart" but thought it was shorter that way...so yeah.
Galaxy Quest.

ZealousD

Today's the last day for Round 1! Get your matchups in before Noon EST tomorrow!

ZealousD

ROUND 1 DEADLINE - START OF ROUND 2

Bracket Updated
http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html

Round 1 Loose Ends

1. TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx) vs fatty (Robert.fatty) - Both players checked in, TurtleSnatcher wins by coin toss.

2. shagg_187 (shagg.gaf) vs valenti (valenti.valenti) - Valenti wins by check in.

3. Wedge7 (wedge.wedge) vs AbortedWalrusFetus (WalrusFetus.aborted) - Wedge wins by check in.

Round 2 Matchups

Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram) vs FromTheFuture (Alumnus.mosaic)

MisterAnderson (PyroGX.ptmc) R vs DemiMatt (demi.batsu)

Procarbine (procarbine.red) vs Trasher (trasher.trasher) P

nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) vs Elixtar (elix.elix)

Hazaro (haz.ard) vs TurtleSnatcher (pezradar.gbx)

valenti (valenti.valenti) vs hobart (hobart.hobartaj)

Pandaman (Panda.craft) vs Wedge7 (wedge.wedge)

-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick) T vs Terproerg (Terproerg.terproerg)

Deadline is Wednesday April 7th at Noon EST. If you haven't played yet, remember to state your race during your first matchup.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in!

hobart

hobart.hobartaj

Checking in as Protoss. Won't be on till later this evening. Generally log in around 12am EST.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Gimme a day or so to work on my game, had to take a few days off and I want to try some new builds.

MORE HYPE NEEDED

ZealousD

TurtleSnatcher said:
Not checking in.. Not sure how I got moved on .. Damn coin flip.

Enjoy your win Haz :p

Are you just going to straight concede? Or do you think you might be able to do some matches in the next couple of weeks?

Meeru

Banned
Crap sorry hobart..I had to leave the game, I'll count my first game as a loss. Ill let you know when we can play our second.

ZealousD said:
Are you just going to straight concede? Or do you think you might be able to do some matches in the next couple of weeks?
Concede.

Val - I honestly thought it would have been done much faster as opposed to weeks.. I hate tourneys like that.. Dont wanna keep having to check back in and stuff.

hobart

TurtleSnatcher said:
Concede.

Val - I honestly thought it would have been done much faster as opposed to weeks.. I hate tourneys like that.. Dont wanna keep having to check back in and stuff.

If fatty is around... maybe just stick him in Pez's spot?

ZealousD

hobart said:
If fatty is around... maybe just stick him in Pez's spot?

I could agree with that. If fatty and Hazaro can organize a match, I'll go ahead and swap places. But if that doesn't happen within the deadline, I'll just set both of Turtle's next matches as automatic losses.

I think that all depends on fatty, though. His last check in was fairly late, and I don't think he's posted much in the beta thread.

PyroGX checking in although I'd prefer to have tonight and some of tomorrow to practice some more if that's okay Demi; if you can't play tomorrow though I'm down to play tonight.

Top Bottom