• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Sumidor

Ashhong said:
fuuuuuuck lamer had that!!
I don't know if he would've won for sure, but he had a pretty good chance. Even though Whitera had no gateways, he could've just rebuilt some stuff at his base that he had in the corner, plus from the looks of it, he had a pretty good amount of minerals he could still mine.

fanboi

Banned
zoukka said:
I've had a lot of success with fast expand. I mean really fast expand by putting hatch down 14/15 pool and a pool at 15/16. The last game was really close when my opponent tried to roach me and when that failed he sent mutas my way. I only had three queens against 5 mutas but I made it and immediately spored myself, knowing I'm ahead in expansions.

The game ended hilariously when I had 30 hydras and 3 infestors against 40-ish mutas and a ton of banelings. With fungal growth I lost about 10 hydras :lol

Hey! I resent this insult to injury!

Oh wait, this wasn't our game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The two most underused and awesome things people dont use are

a) Warp Prism
b) Nydus worms

Probably because people dont expect them but warp prisms especially can be unbelievable powerful, not just for immortal drops but just warping in stuff in the back of the base then quickly scooting away. 1 Ht can take out 60-75% of a clumped mineral line.

Nydus are perhaps more recognisable but again, seldom to people actually scout it. There is a diamond player named Destiny who streams on tl.net who uses them most games as zerg and is pretty insane with them, especially v protoss.

Ashhong

Hazaro said:
Too bad he has 0 idea of what to do late game. :lol
Seriously sad :/

Add on 6 factories DOG!
He wasn't even at 200/200 a lot of the time.

yea he just kept pumping out marines and marauders, under 200/200 with 10k minerals :lol

where were the thors?!

Mr Cola said:
Nydus are perhaps more recognisable but again, seldom to people actually scout it. There is a diamond player named Destiny who streams on tl.net who uses them most games as zerg and is pretty insane with them, especially v protoss.

I think nydus should have just a BIT more build time when spawning at opponents base. a lot of the time i do scout it, maybe just a tad late, but i cant get there in time unless my army is literally in my base still. need to have time to at least move it from my expo...

Warp Prisms arent as bad because realistically, they arent going to have any more than 6 gates up at the time. But a nydus just unloads like 20+ units out of nowhere

msv

Ashhong said:
Damnit, I hate knowing who's going to win :/

Nocebo said:
Day 9 is a great caster. Me and a friend thoroughly enjoyed listening to a few of his commentaries yesterday and we don't even play SC2 or SC1. When I put on a match commentated on by a different caster the difference in enjoyability was astronomical
He's only good if you know the game though. I hated him at first, but when I learned the game I appreciated his input more. He's still too fond of his advice on obvious points that you might forget. Pays way too much attention on minute stuff, not saying that it's not important, just that he's over the top in that area. "WOW this is SOOOOO important, because blablablabla. It's just AMAZING how IMPORTANT this stuff actually is!!!111"

I prefer psy, would be cool if he started to cast other players' matches instead of just his own.

Effect

Ashhong said:

What he said before exiting the game has me wondering if he was bugged at all and that was why he quit. There was still that other base up top though and it might have been tough to be break that. Knowing who won that game though doesn't take away from seeing it in progress. That was pretty good.

Effect

A pending charge just appeared for my pre-order at GameStop.com. Seems pretty early. I wonder if they'll be shipping it early due to this. Glad I ordered my new card today instead of waiting. Anyone else get any activity on this front?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Effect said:
A pending charge just appeared for my pre-order at GameStop.com. Seems pretty early. I wonder if they'll be shipping it early due to this. Glad I ordered my new card today instead of waiting. Anyone else get any activity on this front?
I dont think it matters who gets it when since you need to download an unlocker from bnet, some people have it already but cant play it (theres a youtube somewhere) so regardless everyone will play it at the same time :D*

* Anyone actually expecting the first few days to be playable deserves a slap :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
F#A#Oo said:
Who's doing the official thread?

It will be a week away from tomorrow...:D

I've got it done. I'll post it in a couple hours when I get home.

V_Arnold

Okay, this phase 2 was just a warmup for me, as I had no internet connection at home for most of the June/early Jul days -.-

I got to experiment with some really cool stuff, at the last two days I almost exclusively went for 2gate->fast Stargate -> build 2-8 phoenixes (depends of what I am against) and if opponent switches to anti air, I went with all out stalkers, in case of anti-air flyers, or zealots, if for any infantry.

It works surprisingly well. It is worthless to some builds, and it is crucial that you scout anything like a mass hydra or a mass viking, because it feels bad losing all your nice shinies.

God, I love this game. And it is not even out yet.

fatty

ZealousD said:
Long enough that it'll probably be in the running for the biggest OT this year.

Can't wait, man, I appreciate all of the hard work. I know you've been putting a lot of work into it and I'm looking forward to watching your youtube commentaries and learning more about the game.

bill0527

Awesome Blizz.. i mean you really have my heartfelt thanks.

Finally sending me out a beta key invite last night after I've been waiting all these months...only to get the client downloaded and patched up today.. and ooppps sorry beta has ended.

I never even got to play one match.

I just got trolled hard by Blizzard. This is like the biggest 'FUCK YOU' that anyone has ever given me since I first got on the internet in 1997.

Stryder

I think I'm going to have to play against some sort of AI until the 27th.

I've heard about this GreenTea one, or Dark Green or something or another. What's the best way to do this? I understand you need to use some sort of a launcher as well?

zoukka

So the beta is down D: ?

I had this awesome replay I wanted to share... my replay folder only lists replays until last month... what the fuck ??

Ashhong

zoukka said:

I had this awesome replay I wanted to share... my replay folder only lists replays until last month... what the fuck ??

you had to start saving the replays manually at one point i think

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
zoukka said:

Phase 2 purged all the previous versions of the beta, so all those replays became worthless.

Vitet

bill0527 said:
Awesome Blizz.. i mean you really have my heartfelt thanks.

Finally sending me out a beta key invite last night after I've been waiting all these months...only to get the client downloaded and patched up today.. and ooppps sorry beta has ended.

I never even got to play one match.

I just got trolled hard by Blizzard. This is like the biggest 'FUCK YOU' that anyone has ever given me since I first got on the internet in 1997.

Cat_invisible_pet_door-9fd.gif

robochimp

zoukka said:

In phase 2 they changed the folder where replays go.

They're in

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Accounts\XXXXX\1-S2-1-47241\Replays

All your phase 1 replays are still in

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Replays

You just cant watch them

fanboi

Banned
Ok, lets arrange a list of all active EU players... NA you suck.

Cant wait untill this is released!

EDIT: YOu also have to add by using email, testing shit I suppose.

Top Bottom