• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

So will Earth be featured in this ? I was a little disappointed that we didn't hear anything regarding Earth in the original game. In fact, even during the recap while installing, the game did not refer to anything Broodwar at all.

Mr Swine

Banned
So will Earth be featured in this ? I was a little disappointed that we didn't hear anything regarding Earth in the original game. In fact, even during the recap while installing, the game did not refer to anything Broodwar at all.

Um small forces of UED to hire in the game? And

BIG @SS SPOILERS FOR HOTS
Stukov from Broodwar is in Hots
so blizzard isn't ignoring Broodwar :p

calder

Meader86: LoL pros are the B-tudents from SC2 right? huehuehue
Sb_vintage: time to see mvp distribute the D
Scojo123: LoL is just more difficult all around. You win SCII by flukes. Not LoL. You have to actually be good to win in LoL

Good to see Twitch chat is ramping up for the late game.

Deadly

Um small forces of UED to hire in the game? And

BIG @SS SPOILERS FOR HOTS
Stukov from Broodwar is in Hots
so blizzard isn't ignoring Broodwar :p
Interesting.... I didn't really feel like buying the game since I won't be playing much MP and only wanted to see the story (even though I, very likely, already know the ending) but this has me interested now.

I feel like a complete idiot right now with this new interface. How do I create a Custom game against the AI on a map that I want and a difficulty that I want?

Edit: Never mind, found it. You have to select the browse option and then the Create game appears. Sorry, missed it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i have ittttttttttttt

J_incredible

Neo Member
sc2ytuwy.gif

tumblr_mh21jnugxo1rp8opso1_400.gif

tumblr_mh217yWKn91rp8opso1_r1_400.gif

original.gif

original.gif

Why hasn't Blizzard made a full length movie yet? :(

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Why hasn't Blizzard made a full length movie yet? :(

Their cinematics team is the size of an entire dev team at Blizzard, and they still don't really have any time to spare. That department would have to quadruple in size to even think about doing a full length movie.

Their cinematics team is the size of an entire dev team at Blizzard, and they still don't really have any time to spare. That department would have to quadruple in size to even think about doing a full length movie.

Its also just not financially worth it. Probably much easier to just contract the rights for the IP to hollywood and actually get a good director to do it.

masterkajo

So quick questions about hots. When I open the SC2 launcher it reads "Downloading files for an upcoming patch". It is about 6GB of data. You can check on it when clicking on Connection Information on the top. Is this the pre-download for HotS? Any info?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So quick questions about hots. When I open the SC2 launcher it reads "Downloading files for an upcoming patch". It is about 6GB of data. You can check on it when clicking on Connection Information on the top. Is this the pre-download for HotS? Any info?

I don't know if it contains all of the data for HotS or not, but the latest patches to WoL are incorporating nearly all of the new battle.net features that are being included in HotS, and you'll even see tons of references to HotS in the interface. If anything is being excluded, I would imagine it's only the campaign/unit data.

Zzoram

The 6GB patch contains the new Battle.net in HotS and the engine upgrades made for HotS. The actual HotS units and campaign are not part of it I believe.

danielcw

The 6GB patch contains the new Battle.net in HotS and the engine upgrades made for HotS. The actual HotS units and campaign are not part of it I believe.

Isn't it the other way round: patch 2.0.4 and 2.05 give you the new UI, and other engine upgrades and bugfixes.

The aditional 6GB are for HotS only

Nokterian

Pre orderd my Collectors Edition 2 weeks ago at Saturn here in the netherlands. Hopefully i have it this tuesday. I hope the campaign is better and more fleshed out with more things to do.

Banned
I have mixed feelings. I played WoL hardcore from beta to November 2011. Barely touched the game since. Not looking forward to facing players with new strategies, and learning new units lol. Basically, I'm hyped but feel like I've missed so much and I'm gonna suck :(

Mr Swine

Banned
I have mixed feelings. I played WoL hardcore from beta to November 2011. Barely touched the game since. Not looking forward to facing players with new strategies, and learning new units lol. Basically, I'm hyped but feel like I've missed so much and I'm gonna suck :(

If you suck, you suck :p its fun learning new stuff and strategies as it makes SC2 feel fresh again. It's really hard to go back to WOL again after spending 5 months with the hots beta :p

If you suck, you suck :p its fun learning new stuff and strategies as it makes SC2 feel fresh again. It's really hard to go back to WOL again after spending 5 months with the hots beta :p

Pretty much this.

Also I've been offering for awhile to help new people and previous players back up to speed.

Xamdou

Is there a pre-load option for HOTS? That way as soon as I get my C.E at midnight I can just input the cd-key and go straight to SP. I think there was one for the original game,

(._.)

Banned
the game drops in a few days and I feel zero hype whatsoever ._.

decided not to preorder

wonder if I can find a collectors edition at retail tuesday afternoon (very likely)

decided not to preorder

wonder if I can find a collectors edition at retail tuesday afternoon (very likely)

Aside from school shit ive been playing sc2 everyday. I feel the itch. It's mostly because I played lots of beta. Also grinding out single player achievements made me interested in single player again.

Aylinato

decided not to preorder

I'm getting the CE with best buy gift cards I've saved for 2 years :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Two more days... fuck.

MedIC86

I havent been really following the news around hots, how does this leveling work? do campaign missions offline vs ai count, or only ranked ladder matches?

Yoshichan

I havent been really following the news around hots, how does this leveling work? do campaign missions offline vs ai count, or only ranked ladder matches?
Campaign mission doesn't give you EXP, but almost everything outside of that gives you it. Vs AI, Coop vs AI, ranked/unranked ladder matches.

Top Bottom