• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When I took a powernap at work today, I dreamt of a new race and it was a huge surprise to everyone.. It was OP as fuck.
But still lost to zerg.

Xamdou

The HOTS C.E is now sold out at amazon, here's hoping my Bestbuy local in-store pickup will pull through! During the Diablo 3 midnight launch they gave handed out D3 posters, they will most likely do the same for the HOTS BB Midnight launch!

Is anyone buying the game from gamestop if so I have a $10 off coupon from my powerup rewards. I have 2 actually but I'm using 1 of them. I'll sell for $5 if anyone is interested and I can just email it to you. Just PM me.

fatty

When I took a powernap at work today, I dreamt of a new race and it was a huge surprise to everyone.. It was OP as fuck.
But still lost to zerg.

Hmmm, powernap sounds great. Need to pull a George Constanza and sneak one in under the desk.

Sibylus

Banned
So I've been meaning to first time play the Starcraft 1 campaign (via this mod) and the Wings of Liberty campaign before Heart of the Swarm drops, roughly how many hours of play would that take? Should I just put off HOTS campaign for a few days and dig into multi?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Soon... Soon!!!!!!!! Gjxgfkoggkfudbjoy

Holden

AfBr9.gif

had to post this gif, to show how awesome it is

fanboi

Banned
I remember that game and was thinking... he will just forcefield off and then he has to move back... BUT I WAS SO WRONG.

So I've been meaning to first time play the Starcraft 1 campaign (via this mod) and the Wings of Liberty campaign before Heart of the Swarm drops, roughly how many hours of play would that take? Should I just put off HOTS campaign for a few days and dig into multi?

How experienced are you with RTS games? It also depends on what difficulty you choose for SC2. For SC2 i'd say you could do it in around 10 hours. SC1 + BW takes longer than that and it is harder than SC2's campaign, in fact if you haven't played many RTS's the campaign can be fairly hard to win at all.

It would be hard to do before HOTS unless you have a decent bit of time.

How experienced are you with RTS games? It also depends on what difficulty you choose for SC2. For SC2 i'd say you could do it in around 10 hours. SC1 + BW takes longer than that and it is harder than SC2's campaign, in fact if you haven't played many RTS's the campaign can be fairly hard to win at all.

Brutal is harder than SC1 + BW's campaign.

Tacitus_

Well that's your opinion. I found brutal to be pretty easy really :/. The last few campaign missions in BW were much harder IMO.

Meh, you just need to spam hydras off of a couple of hatches to win the last zerg mission in BW. I found All In and the optional final protoss mission much harder.

Mairu

So I get this for free right? Because a lot of the improvements should have come for free years ago instead of charged money for.

I'm so glad people get to pay for global play.

Global play is in wol

edit: oh hey this has been responded to already whoops

(._.)

Banned
Pro players are starting to complain on twitter again about balance. Feels like 2010 all over again. A lot of games are really awkward to watch again. Like you can tell we have many months before players really figure the game out and it's meta expands. Awkward GSL finals incoming!!!

Holden

Pro players are starting to complain on twitter again about balance. Feels like 2010 all over again. A lot of games are really awkward to watch again. Like you can tell we have many months before players really figure the game out and it's meta expands. Awkward GSL finals incoming!!!

2010? you mean 2010 2011 and 2012?

zargle

Personally at the moment I dont really care, a lot of the IEM games have been more interesting to watch than most of the balanced WoL stuff the past year.

Holden

Are most people who are part of the NeoGAF group in Master league? It's kinda intimidating, heh.

i think atm, its only EscapingJail and striek.

I've stopped playing, i don't know if Shake or any other master player still plays.

i'd say most players turn around gold to diamond. Could be wrong haha

FluxWaveZ

i think atm, its only EscapingJail and striek.

I've stopped playing, i don't know if Shake or any other master player still plays.

i'd say most player turn around gold to diamond. Could be wrong haha

Hm, maybe I just keep checking their profiles and then freaking out about how I'm part of a group that's out of my league. I was master back when I played regularly a few months ago but I'm pretty cemented in diamond now.

Son1x

Hm, maybe I just keep checking their profiles and then freaking out about how I'm part of a group that's out of my league. I was master back when I played regularly a few months ago but I'm pretty cemented in diamond now.

Well my NA acc is currently in silver and I think I'm in the group too. My main (EU) is diamond though, so I'm not master either.

Ecto311

That would be surprising if true. Gold league forever!

Gold zerg here. Hope all the new people blow up the ladder so moving higher isn't fuckin impossible.

Post game numbers show my average 200 APM. More than goody and he's pro.

Sibylus

Banned

Grew up with RTSes, though me actually trying to be any good at them is more a recent development. Thanks for the info! May just take my time with them and hop into Swarm's campaign once I'm done with WoL's.

Anyone got some must-watch heart of the swarm videos about how the new units will effect playstyles in heart of the swarm? Some new builds by pros maybe?

FluxWaveZ

Anyone got some must-watch heart of the swarm videos about how the new units will effect playstyles in heart of the swarm? Some new builds by pros maybe?

Haha (not a new unit)

I don't really have anything right now, but I've been watching a lot of Husky's HotS casts. There was one specific video that made it seem that a Swarm Host rush would act like an anti FFE in a ZvP.

Haha (not a new unit)

I don't really have anything right now, but I've been watching a lot of Husky's HotS casts. There was one specific video that made it seem that a Swarm Host rush would act like an anti FFE in a ZvP.

Oh wow, that is some major defenders advantage there.

(._.)

Banned
2010? you mean 2010 2011 and 2012?

Certain match^s at least fleshed out a bit in 2011 and 12. 2010 was by far the worst though and I'm a little worried how good the next GSL is gonna be. Either way finals on tonight, RIP WOL.

Top Bottom