• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

calder

Played my brother in a 1v1 last night. First time I'd payed against a person in over a year, and it felt good. Totally going to ladder again, ladder anxiety be damed.

antitrop

Played my brother in a 1v1 last night. First time I'd payed against a person in over a year, and it felt good. Totally going to ladder again, ladder anxiety be damed.
When I first started playing, I was at least 1 league above my brother. Now he's high masters. I'm low masters, but even that difference feels like several leagues.

I can't beat him, anymore.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, what happened to the terran GAFer who went from bronze to gold and promised that he'd reach masters one day? He played Halo as well!
This isnt WoL! Thats like putting the FF13 OT in SimCity OT!
THEY'RE BOTH PLAYED THE SAME WAY. A CLICK > WIN

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Speaking of Destiny, I look forward to watching him play through the HotS campaign.
Did he even say that he's gonna play the game? I thought he was LoL full time?

Demosthenes 721

I mostly play 2s, 3s, & 4s. I haven't been playing a lot recently b/c it's my busy time of the year for work (I'm a CPA). Joined the GAF chat and look forward to getting back into SC2 in early April :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
OENNZ1P8D4771362684303975.jpg

dat overlord

Think im gonna buy sc2 for $20 this weekend. It'll be my first sc game yet. Heard the campaign is pretty awesome. Is it a decent learning tool of the fundamentals to play mp?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Should I go to the launch party?

I'm not even buying it and I don't really have anything to get signed.

Yoshichan

Should I go to the launch party?

I'm not even buying it and I don't really have anything to get signed.
You're buying digital right? Go to the party and take pics for us :3

Aaron

Think im gonna buy sc2 for $20 this weekend. It'll be my first sc game yet. Heard the campaign is pretty awesome. Is it a decent learning tool of the fundamentals to play mp?
The campaign is indeed awesome, but it's terrible for learning multiplayer. It's best to follow simple guides out there and play multi against the AI, as well as the learning missions Blizzard have in the game to teach the fundamentals. I personally found playing against the AI and learning how to play pretty fun in itself.

xmShake

Neo Member

They have a new training mode in HOTS that looks like it would be alright for teaching you the fundamentals of multiplayer.

Yoshichan

Killer

Banned
I just reinstalled SC2 since I last played in 2010 and the menus kinda changed. I'll try to play training for now before I get stomped in rankings.

Yoshichan

They've been up for quite some time :D I did the win 7 (?) times in a row in 2v2 on insane-achievements and all the metas a couple of weeks ago. So much farming to do once I get bored :lol

So I was thinking we can use this thread like the WOL thread and share new/improved builds in HOTS a few days/weeks after launch.

MVP is already spamming the heck out of the Medivac boost and the widow mines are godly important for mech.

Ultras are so good vs everything now with Infestor or Viper trapping units.

Mothership Core makes base sniping so easy and the new Void Rays are so good vs Armored and Toss air in general.

Its insane how much each race has changed from a few tweaks and 2/3 new units.

Yoshichan

Congrats EJ! Well done :3!

masterkajo

Anybody have a list of changes to multiplayer from WOL to HOTS?

Here is the link to the official beta patches from Blizzard: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7979378171

So far I could only find a complete list off all Terran changes here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8087069322

EDIT: List of Protos changes: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8155955995

And some 1 month old (IIRC this does not include the latest 2 beta patches) wol -> hots changes here (click on first spoiler in 3rd post): http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=395543

But I am sure a complete list for all 3 races will surface soon.

masterkajo

Wow I love the skin upgrades. Man I am getting hyped for this. Will those be available for people that don't play online?

The skin upgrades for the tier 1 units unlock at the max level (lv 30) for each race. You gain levels even if you don't play online against others. Afaik, you get XP for all kinds of things like challanges, custom games and playing ladder online (don't know if the SP story also counts though).

The skin upgrades for the tier 1 units unlock at the max level (lv 30) for each race. You gain levels even if you don't play online against others. Afaik, you get XP for all kinds of things like challanges, custom games and playing ladder online (don't know if the SP story also counts though).

Awesome, thanks for the info.

So I get this for free right? Because a lot of the improvements should have come for free years ago instead of charged money for.

I'm so glad people get to pay for global play.

So I get this for free right? Because a lot of the improvements should have come for free years ago instead of charged money for.

Yeah, it's totally free, because Brood War was free, too! And WC3's Frozen Throne was, too (WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE HAVE TO PAY FOR A POPULATION CAP INCREASE?!?!)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I played with someone from the EU region with my US account not so long ago with my WoL copy.

Try again.

Top Bottom