• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

FluxWaveZ

Should I get this? I have HoS but didn't finish the campaign and hardly touched the multiplayer.

But I like hype!

You mean you have WoL (Wings of Liberty)? If you haven't finished that game's campaign and you're not interested in the multiplayer, then I think you have zero reason to get Heart of the Swarm.

Well, I guess if you're playing really just for the campaign's gameplay and not the story, that'd work fine.

people who have played it!!!
WILL I SEE MORE ULTRALISKS USED FOR ZERG!?
I feel like I never saw or used them in WoL

I sure hope so, in my case. I think it was mentioned that Ultras got buffed aside from the charge, but I just suck so bad at micro and having to go to Brood Lords/Corruptors/Infestors as my only tier 3 option was no good.

red731

tumblr_m0jju5Wjxz1r3797v.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fantastic game! I heard Flash vs Life was good... can anyone link the VOD if it exists?

sixghost

What's a good unit composition against toss mass air? Corrupters don't seem up to the task when it's supported by storm/archon. Zerg needs plague.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The vods are also on gomtv.net if twitch is loading poorly for you
It's like you're reading my mind... been trying to load it up but with no luck :( Gonna try Gomtv instead. Thanks a bunch!

edit: I really wish they did something to corrupters... they're so boring :(

How does this game still not have spectator matchmaking?

Why can't I queue up to watch a live match in the game? With all the effort they continually put into teaching how to play, you'd think they'd make it a bit easier to observe, rather than having to ask 'friends' if you can observe their custom game (which never happens), or even worse, download and watch a replay of a game that already took place.

FluxWaveZ

What's a good unit composition against toss mass air? Corrupters don't seem up to the task when it's supported by storm/archon. Zerg needs plague.

I think it's commonly said that the answer for Zerg is to not let the Protoss get to that point (via harassment and stuff) or else Z's screwed. Though, this Zerg did it with mass Mutalisk/Corruptor.

WoL campaign was great so even if you just play that it's worth it. HotS multiplayer seems much improved and the campaign should be good too.

Get it.

You mean you have WoL (Wings of Liberty)? If you haven't finished that game's campaign and you're not interested in the multiplayer, then I think you have zero reason to get Heart of the Swarm.

Well, I guess if you're playing really just for the campaign's gameplay and not the story, that'd work fine.

You're right, I meant Wings of Liberty.

I like hype! I want to get in at the start rather than wait a good while like I did with WoL.

Definitely evaluating getting it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Define "mass" air. If protoss has temps then he's gotta have a ground army too right?

Yoshichan

Whenever I see his (David Kims) face, I feel like punching my monitor in.

ShaneB

How does this game still not have spectator matchmaking?

Why can't I queue up to watch a live match in the game? With all the effort they continually put into teaching how to play, you'd think they'd make it a bit easier to observe, rather than having to ask 'friends' if you can observe their custom game (which never happens), or even worse, download and watch a replay of a game that already took place.

Yeah, I brought this up earlier and it makes me very sad :( It's terrible compared to what I've seen with Dota 2's feature set.

Yoshichan

Remember when David Kim actually played the game and everyone said "nerf David Kim"?

Good times.

Jokab

We had a lengthy interview with David Kim just a few days ago.

Geez.

90k people weren't watching then though. Probably a ton of people who tune in only to pass the time until they can start playing, so they want to get as much info out as possible.

fallagin

Ive been looking at some of the new features and they are pretty awesome sounding. The game balance may not be the best atm but at least they seem to have training features down.

Yoshichan

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!
I love you SC2; and I love you SC2 GAF <3

&#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

I thought you said you wouldn't enter this thread until much later?!

Top Bottom