• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck am I even seeing right now?

QIJCt4l.jpg

Bullza2o

Is it just me or is the twitch starcraft 2 stream not working? Nothing is shown and the people on the chatbox keep talking about stuff.

Moff

anyone found a good summary except the hour long video collection on the OT?
sadly there is not "previously on starcraft" in the game apparently, and I really need to refresh what happened in sc2, specially the prohpecy stuff with the whole dark voice

markao

First time I bought something directly from the Blizzard site. Do I just start the old launcher after 24.00 C.E.T. (Europe) and it will download/install work, or something more that I need to do?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Starts off kinda slow though.
Do they start off with a tutorial of some sort (just like in WoL) or is it just slow, story-wise?
I don't understand half that is being said in this thread.

Damn kids and your 1337 speak.
Wait till SC2GAF actually wakes up :3

calder

First time I bought something directly from the Blizzard site. Do I just start the old launcher after 24.00 C.E.T. (Europe) and it will download/install work, or something more that I need to do?

You should just start the launcher now and let it do it's thing. Much of what it'll download for the latest WoL apply to the HotS stuff as well, and I think it's good enough that it should do the final installation right at midnight for you.

Yoshichan

Isn't tyler already streaming the campaign on brutal? lol.
Yeah, it wouldn't even surprise me if people will beat the game before Athene even starts the campaign. He clearly has no idea. Bragging about being "world first 1v4 on insane" :lol

markao

You should just start the launcher now and let it do it's thing. Much of what it'll download for the latest WoL apply to the HotS stuff as well, and I think it's good enough that it should do the final installation right at midnight for you.
Thanks, will do

Yoshichan

Take Command is frikkin' genius.

edit: And despite traveling back in time, history will repeat itself because of a failed forcefield :lol

Yoshichan

Fission Mailed

Yoshichan

I would love it if you could go back to replay-mode after taking command :/ I dislike that you need to quit the match in order to try it out again.
He used to live around my corner. He's actually a really nice guy IRL even though I cant stand the character he portrays online.
Sorry, I meant "hated his persona" - me and him were in the same HoN-booth in Dreamhack for 6 hours and we spoke to each other so much. He is, like you say, a really nice guy IRL.

calder

Epic feature.

It's going to be so amazing. Like if you have a buddy of the same skill level take control of a late-game pro match and see if you can get a better result than your favourite player did just before the climactic battle.

But I didn't watch the stream while Apollo was showing it, on the assumption that it wouldn't work. It seems that everyone gets the new features wrong the first time, like GOM trying to get the replay to work for the first time live during a GTSL match. Just don't even bother. ;)

Des0lar

will learn eventually
All this hype makes me want to buy that damn game. But I shall remain resolute, because I just know the campaign will be shit and I lost interest in SC2 MP since Dota 2...

All this hype makes me want to buy that damn game. But I shall remain resolute, because I just know the campaign will be shit and I lost interest in SC2 MP since Dota 2...

Story will be shit, I doubt campaign will be. Besides, maybe you'll get the sc2 blood pumping in you again!

Jawmuncher

Might as well post this here.

I'm playing the campaign for SC2 and was wondering, are the Zeratul crystal missions optional for the campaign ending?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Might as well post this here.

I'm playing the campaign for SC2 and was wondering, are the Zeratul crystal missions optional for the campaign ending?

Yes, the Prophecy missions are completely optional. You'll miss out on a lot of research, though. Only reason for skipping them is if you're going for the "Hurry up it's Raid Night" achievement.

Top Bottom