• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

ghst

thanks for the laugh
hey day9, you probably shouldn't have given a don't give a fuck old timer on his 8th whiskey an opportunity to
spoil the ending.

How is ZvP lately? I really hated when it always seemed to come down to broodlords and motherships trying to hit a lucky vortex.

vortex is gone but it's a broken matchup, just the roles are reversed

protoss goes all air(tempest, void rays) with storm and zerg can't win period since void rays kill basically everything

smr00

Banned
EU up now?

Tempted to go ahead and get the digital deluxe and start playing. I do have the CE pre-ordered but i can give the key to my broke buddy as a gift.

D-e-f-

Banned
Why can't I change regions anymore?

For some reason the "region" button is gone when I boot up my client (it was there on Saturday when i re-installed Wings of Liberty) and my client defaults to the US servers while I have my profile on EU servers. HotS basically doesn't even show up yet.

D-e-f-

Banned
lol nice. so basically I'm locked out of the game for another day even though I have had my copy sitting here since Saturday. nice move.

can't even download a EU client right now.

I found that if the game has your email address/username locked in and is only asking for your password then you can't change regions. You have to hit "cancel" so that you are able to type in the username/e-mail address as well and then the "region change" button will come up.

I did some fooling around and managed to get global play working so anyone can now log onto SEA

Create a notepad file and save it as regions.xml

Inside the file add these parameters

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SEA_REGION" hostname="sea"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSEA"/>
</regions>

R938WDj.png

Save to starcraft 2 installation folder

Load up game, didnt work first time but then i logged in and out again and the region bar appeared

G364i6V.jpg

Here i am

f73M5dt.jpg

For anyone still unaware.... Still works, wife is playing Campaign right now. Make sure that if you're account is set to remember your login that you'll have to back out of it.

vortex is gone but it's a broken matchup, just the roles are reversed

protoss goes all air(tempest, void rays) with storm and zerg can't win period since void rays kill basically everything

yea pretty much. hydras and corrupters can't fight it and brood lords just melt

That's unfortunate. It actually became my least favorite match up when I stopped watching and it was becoming more and more common.

Chris R

Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy of the game yet, and because it is "Shipping Soon" I can't cancel it to order via battle.net :(

Vaporak

That's unfortunate. It actually became my least favorite match up when I stopped watching and it was becoming more and more common.

They're going off of a small amount of Pro games played so far, not much of a meta. And they're conveniently leaving out all the games where Zerg brutally stomped the Protoss with Muta/Corruptor usage.

oh man the American invent seems almost dead in comparison to the others. Day9 casting by himself kinda takes a ton of excitement away.

Moff

really liking the campaign after the first few missions. the base of operations is really adequate and fun. story doesnt seem too bad, the most important thing is that kerrigan feels badass, and she does. looking forward to this.

JackDT

oh man the American invent seems almost dead in comparison to the others. Day9 casting by himself kinda takes a ton of excitement away.

It was good until now. But this match is prerecorded and was casted by Day9 days earlier.

I really appreciated the video montages that showcased numerous smaller members of the Starcraft community.

smr00

Banned
The region trick still works I believe you lose your progress when you switch back to the normal NA server.
I plan on making a day out of the campaign tomorrow.

I just wanna dive into some MP stuff tonight and get to know some units before i dive into the league stuff on my server after i beat the campaign.

Ecto311

yup, worked like a charm.

thank you!

Worked for me too. Made the file, launched the game and backed out. Then picked Korea server and he has me agree to the terms and conditions in Korean. Anyone know if this could result in a ban? Don't want to get banned to play early.

fallagin

Do I just have to have the sc2 wol client updated to play hots? I bought hots, but it seems to be telling me to just download the regular client.

antitrop

Do I just have to have the sc2 wol client updated to play hots? I bought hots, but it seems to be telling me to just download the regular client.
Yes, there is only one client for StarCraft II.

You switch back and forth between WoL and HotS via an in-game menu dropdown box.

masterkajo

Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy of the game yet, and because it is "Shipping Soon" I can't cancel it to order via battle.net :(

You can still order through battle.net and play and once you receive your package from amazon just return it. Amazon has yet to refuse anything I want to return. I once return a DVD of a TV series 1 1/2 years after I bought it because the last DVD was not working. They took it back no worries and asked me if I wanted a replacement or my money back.

Worked for me too. Made the file, launched the game and backed out. Then picked Korea server and he has me agree to the terms and conditions in Korean. Anyone know if this could result in a ban? Don't want to get banned to play early.

I'd very much doubt it, but there hasn't been any confirmation one way or the other until blizz does or doesn't start banning. Worst PR move you can do is ban a bunch of paying customers from your game... just ask Microsoft on Halo 4.

I missed the Gaf Bronze League WoL tournament last time because I placed into Silver. I was shitty, just not quite shitty enough to join in. Maybe this time.

Lucifon

Playing the campaign now, what's with the non HD cutscenes...? I swear WoL didn't suffer from that, I could be wrong.

Arggh. Having trouble choosing between Terran and Protoss for online play. The Terran pro playstyle is amazing buy I doubt I can ever be that good :(

Majine

Banned
Switching from terran in WoL to zerg in HotS. Huff, going to be a long and hard road. Atleast I got my smexy ultralisk skin.

Top Bottom