• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

J2d

Wait battle net is gonna have maintenance for tow hours starting now? Shit better be sorted when I come home from gamestop =/

Jawmuncher

Yes, the Prophecy missions are completely optional. You'll miss out on a lot of research, though. Only reason for skipping them is if you're going for the "Hurry up it's Raid Night" achievement.

Ok thanks.
I'm playing on easy but was just unsure if I would need to do those ASAP or not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lasers everywhere.
Wasn't as bad as this GSL final!

qgLUK.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best WoL-mission was the solo Zeratul-gameplay imo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I guess so. Wasn't really fond of the grind-it-out nature of that one.

I usually like the infiltration missions with hero units the best. The Tosh mission was my favorite overall. I suppose out of the more normal missions, the one where you're destroying a bunch of bases with the giant mech was my favorite.

So you hate macro then. =P

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I guess so. Wasn't really fond of the grind-it-out nature of that one.

I usually like the infiltration missions with hero units the best. The Tosh mission was my favorite overall. I suppose out of the more normal missions, the one where you're destroying a bunch of bases with the giant mech was my favorite.

Ah. I can see that. The entirety of the last protoss mission was very well done. It was paced well, the narrative tone was good, how you approached in truly defending the onslaught and such. Aw. So good.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Is the mothership canned?
Nope, it's still there but it's a complete joke unit (intentionally designed to be bad and only used in low level play or for "fun").

celebi23

My CE has shipped from Amazon :D Oh, I never finished the WOL campaign. Can that be selected from the HOTS main screen much like the original StarCraft campaign could be selected from the Brood War main screen?

Chris R

The take control feature looks really cool.

I'll be able to use it on replays against AI right? With both my own replays and ones I download?

To be honest I only play Starcraft for the single player, so does anyone have impressions of the campaign for HotS? Starcraft 2's campaign is probably my favorite RTS campaign of all time so while one would normally assume that would make this an automatic buy I'm a bit short on extra funds at the moment and I've never really gotten used to the Zerg. Thanks!

Top Bottom