• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Lethe82

Banned
AKIMNPb.jpg

Don't say that I never do anything for you, Zerg players.

Woorloog

Banned
A question about the SC2 Starter Edition "Spawns", the Starter player has only access to Terrans in custom games (like 1v1?), but all races are available in Arcade modes (if possible), and 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 ladders?

Finding a clear information about this is hard... Blizzard's own site says only "limited to Terrans in custom games".

Woorloog

Banned
That's old info. All the races are free for custom games now even without spawning.

And now i know why all the stuff i read bothered me, i seem to have subconsciously remembered this little detail.
(Blizz should update their starter edition info page.)
I can now try to get my friend to play a game or two.

Lethe82

Banned
And now i know why all the stuff i read bothered me, i seem to have subconsciously remembered this little detail.
(Blizz should update their starter edition info page.)
I can now try to get my friend to play a game or two.

Blizz really needs to full on brand starcraft as free to play. Make the campaigns cost obviously, but incorporate micro transactions, and make www.starcraft.com the same kind of f2p presentation that you see when you search up league of legends etc. Hopefully they will be working towards this after LotV.

SamuraiX-

Nice, congrats to Soulkey. Hope he can uncover his passion again and regain his stride.

Driving to San Jose in a few hours for IEM!

HYYYYPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Lethe82

Banned
LotV Fan Alpha show matches incoming

So...

I have decided to sponsor some LOTV Showmatches for our favorite SC content contributor... The man behind the LOTV mod.... JaKaTaK ...

I have been in touch with a few team houses and so far have a few good Showmatch pairings set up that JaK will cast and stream..

I love this community and will continue to support those that support it... Especially if it means seeing some Pros in a new frontier for our entertainment..

Will update with matchups and dates in a few days .. First match will be a bo7 for $300... "Order Accepted" :D

Best Regards

WiZecraX

Also the fan Alpha feels so much better now with 1.3

SamuraiX-

The arena is sick. Got a prime seat close to the caster stage and close to the player in the blue booth. Good view of most of the LoL seating too.

Psyched that Rain advanced. Snute playing a lot better against TRUE this time around.

SamuraiX-

Downtime OP. 30 minutes to resolve network issues... the casting crew seems to love it. They're all chilling in the stands on the other side of the arena watching LoL. -_-

SamuraiX-

JD dominanted Polt. Wow. Did not at all expect that. Really cool plays. I've been loving that a lot of these games have been showcasing unorthodox things that aren't in the meta right now.

There was this one guy in the very back seats just shouting "HEEEEEEY! JAEDONG! JAAAEEEEDOOOOOONNNNGGGG! HHHEEEEEEEEEEEEY!! JAEDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGG!!" for like a whole 10 minutes before Polt and JD were introduced. Omg i was in tears XD

JD dominanted Polt. Wow. Did not at all expect that. Really cool plays. I've been loving that a lot of these games have been showcasing unorthodox things that aren't in the meta right now.

There was this one guy in the very back seats just shouting "HEEEEEEY! JAEDONG! JAAAEEEEDOOOOOONNNNGGGG! HHHEEEEEEEEEEEEY!! JAEDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGG!!" for like a whole 10 minutes before Polt and JD were introduced. Omg i was in tears XD

Oh you're there!??! Nice! I have a friend there :D

Just got back from Yoga and got to see Gumi vs Symbol game 1, love seeing SH get crushed.

SamuraiX-

Oh you're there!??! Nice! I have a friend there :D

Yup! :-D

My first ever live event. It's epic. The venue is fantastic. All the best casters here (wish iNcontroL could've made it). Nothing else like it. I recommend everybody try to attend one at least once. :)

They just announced they're doing Bomber vs herO on a separate stream offstage because of the downtime earlier... you can imagine that pisses me off quite a lot. :-/

But nice to see GuMiho making a come back lately. He's been kicking ass in online tournaments so nice to see it translate to a premier event

calder

Weird, sloppy game. Who can throw harder??

Looks like bomber so far. Bunker salvage smh. No wait super dug down and upped his throw level yet again, this is anyone's to lose again

SamuraiX-

I thought it was a tense game. Imagine if Super took his MSC for that first Immortal push. Those Marines that Bomber pocketed could've ended the game right there.

I have no idea what Bomber was doing. He basically just turtled in his base and never scanned or dropped to see what Super was doing.

Super should have kept up the harass. He got scared because of Bomber's upgrades but he crippled his production.

SamuraiX-

Bomber peaking my heart rate with his shenanigans. Super was pixels away from ending that game with that proxy CC.

It's too awesome being here in person to cheer Bomber on. Revival's ZvT has looked better but he shouldn't have a shot against Bomber in a Bo5.

SamuraiX-

So i stop by a greek place down the street to grab some dinner and Kim Phan, Smix and HuK just walked in. Feels surreal. lol

HuK actually looks a lot different in real life compared to stream for some reason.

Syf

Banned
That's awesome lol. Good crowd for the Hot6 cup tonight. Glad they're holding it outside of the usual studio.

Striek

Skyhigh TvP was disgustingly bad. The sOs ballsucking 'tosis were giving out didn't stop to recognise this fact. Skyhigh worked harder to lose than sOs did to win.

Striek

Ok THAT series was a legit bop. Breath of fresh air after everyone saying TvP was broken after the mine buff.
I'm surprised Phoenix/Colossi isn't more popular in PvT. If you get 4+ Colossi and 10+ Phoenix's it's basically unkillable.
Ehh, we've seen it get rolled a lot of times. If you focus the colossi quickly the phoenix are dead weight, especially with EMPs. MKP simply was behind, panicked and pulled the boys way too quickly. His second starport had barely started to pay for itself.

Ok THAT series was a legit bop. Breath of fresh air after everyone saying TvP was broken after the mine buff.

Ehh, we've seen it get rolled a lot of times. If you focus the colossi quickly the phoenix are dead weight, especially with EMPs. MKP simply was behind, panicked and pulled the boys way too quickly. His second starport had barely started to pay for itself.

Only way you kill that comp is you land EMP's on the Phoenix's/Zealots.

SamuraiX-

Wow they started Rain vs ForGG on a B stream off stage... this is actually bull shit. When have they ever not done all the quarterfinal/semifinal matches on the main stage?

Lame.

Top Bottom