• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Woorloog

Banned
just realized something. At my level, scouting is OVERRATED. I have no idea what I'm looking for anyhow lol! I'm assuming my opponents aren't following a linear path either.

not really

you just have to know where and when

even the most basic things can tell you something like how many gasses and how many bases he has

What kind of skill level are you talking about?
I'd imagine at low enough level, people don't actually think forward, how good gas production they're going to need etc.

OTOH, merely knowing where an enemy has units and bases is incredibly valuable information in itself, isn't it? So scouting is always useful.

Lethe82

Banned
Also Tekniqs, we need you bnet friend ID code (it should be Tekniqs.numbernumbernumber) to add you :p It should be under the add friend option on the bottom right of the UI out of game.

anyone wann play?

I hopped on like 40 minutes after this post but didn't see you, darn.

The 2015 SK Telecom Proleague is starting in 18.5 hours! First matches: CJ Entus vs Samsung Galaxy,StarTale-Yoe Flash Wolfes vs Prime! Hype!

First Match: CJ vs Samsung

(Z)ByuL <Overgrowth> (Z)Solar
(P)Hush <Deadwing> (P)eMotion
(P)herO <King Sejong Station> (P)Dear
(T)Bbyong <Catallena> (T)BrAvO
Ace: KTV Foxtrot Labs

Second Match: ST-Yoe vs Prime

(T)Bomber <Merry Go Round> (T)YoDa

(Z)Life <Foxtrot Labs> (Z)TerrOr
(Z)Leenock <Overgrowth> (P)Creator
(Z)Curious <Deadwing> (P)MyuNgSiK
Ace: King Sejong Station

Showmatches From the Future!! LOTV!! CatZ vs. Harstem! $300

So...

I spoke to my favorite content creator JaKaTaK who created the fun LOTV mod and said we should get a showmatch together ... I would sponsor it and he will stream it...

So.. Since Harstem is living in the ROOT House for a little I figured we could have Harstem vs. King of the Proxy Hatch for $300...

JaKaTaK is going to stream it here ...

Http://www.twitch.tv/jakataktv

It will be a bo7 and should be a lot of fun.. And rumor is Harstem and Catz will have some type of prop bet for whomever loses... Should be exciting..

The match will be held at 9 pm EST 6 pm PST Monday Devember 22nd...

I love StarCraft ... Can't wait for LOTV...

Best Regards,

WiZecraX

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2px22j/showmatches_from_the_future_lotv_catz_vs_harstem/

LotV Custom: Archon Mode Showing off Archon mode and how it works. You guys should give this guya sub if you are interested in SCII content, he goes in depth on how to improve, useful tools, and the like. Highly recommended.

Also a good LotV custom PvT from the toss perspective, top GM pversus GM game.

Legacy of the Void - Grandmaster Protoss vs Terran

Tekniqs

Tekniqs#1290....I think that's it lol

Well ya, finding out where their base is is key. But like I'll scout with a reaper, find out where they are, harass then chill. Check back every now and then to see what they're up to. Visually I can see buildings and such BUT I don't know what to expect out of them. Like, what's their unit mix going to look like? What units should I get to counter? etc etc

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Merry Christmas my favorite part of GAF :3

KGVB296.jpg

Lethe82

Banned
Yoshi is sending SCII Gaf a bomb in the form of a rigged missile warhead and owns an evil cat who no doubt compelled him to such ends.

kasane

Tekniqs#1290....I think that's it lol

Well ya, finding out where their base is is key. But like I'll scout with a reaper, find out where they are, harass then chill. Check back every now and then to see what they're up to. Visually I can see buildings and such BUT I don't know what to expect out of them. Like, what's their unit mix going to look like? What units should I get to counter? etc etc

well then check how MANY bases they have on what time and how MANY gasses they have

thats usually a pretty easy tell

if they have tons of gasses but actually have not enough tech structures then you know somethings up with him

just curious what rank are you

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi is in my top 50 favorite Gaffers with "Yoshi" in their username. Happy holidays, Yoshi. I look forward to your 2015 Blizzcon thread.
Only top 50 :(? Thank you so much, Blizzcon 2015 will be IMMENSE hype.
Yoshi is sending SCII Gaf a bomb in the form of a rigged missile warhead and owns an evil cat who no doubt compelled him to such ends.
:lol :lol :lol

Tekniqs

well then check how MANY bases they have on what time and how MANY gasses they have

thats usually a pretty easy tell

if they have tons of gasses but actually have not enough tech structures then you know somethings up with him

just curious what rank are you

i've had the game for about a week now

Tekniqs

hey guys, so more and more I'm playing TvT where the other guy sieges up and builds lots of turrets in his base. What's a good strategy to battle this? I still usually come out on top by camping their 3rd expo and making sure they don't get another expo up anywhere else. I basically just outproduce them until their minerals are gone.
Usually I get the win but games are taking 30+ minutes and it's pretty boring lol

Tekniqs

Even Korea getting in on the Christmas spirit!

The last SSL Challenge group starts at a reasonable time! Less than 3 hours away!

u82MgVD.png

stream? do they have english casters or korean? I like being able to understand the casters BUT the Koreans' raw emotions (at least from when I used to watch frozen throne) is very catchy.

SamuraiX-

hey guys, so more and more I'm playing TvT where the other guy sieges up and builds lots of turrets in his base. What's a good strategy to battle this? I still usually come out on top by camping their 3rd expo and making sure they don't get another expo up anywhere else. I basically just outproduce them until their minerals are gone.
Usually I get the win but games are taking 30+ minutes and it's pretty boring lol

Is this really where the ladder meta has gone in TvT? lol

If you're denying them the 3rd, you could probably end the game before the 20 minute mark. Just keep expanding, going Marauder heavy and doing multi-pronged harass without throwing a majority of your army away to avoid counterattacks.

stream? do they have english casters or korean? I like being able to understand the casters BUT the Koreans' raw emotions (at least from when I used to watch frozen throne) is very catchy.

http://www.twitch.tv/sc2starleague

Starts in 20 minutes!

Yep. English casters, but the lower tier ones. Wolf, Brendan and Moonglade. Still better than the cringe worthy performances we were getting from SNM and Whiplash two years ago.

Tekniqs

Is this really where the ladder meta has gone in TvT? lol

If you're denying them the 3rd, you could probably end the game before the 20 minute mark. Just keep expanding, going Marauder heavy and doing multi-pronged harass without throwing a majority of your army away to avoid counterattacks.

http://www.twitch.tv/sc2starleague

Starts in 20 minutes!

Yep. English casters, but the lower tier ones. Wolf, Brendan and Moonglade. Still better than the cringe worthy performances we were getting from SNM and Whiplash two years ago.

awesome, gonna tune in and maybe learn something.

Marauder's able to survive sieged tanks pretty well?

kasane

bro if you're playing tvt always go gas first then 1-1-1

youll kill everybody in about 10 minutes

edit: if you want maybe we can play a bit

i havent played in like 2 months tho

Tekniqs

bro if you're playing tvt always go gas first then 1-1-1

youll kill everybody in about 10 minutes

edit: if you want maybe we can play a bit

i havent played in like 2 months tho

I've opened up every game open with reaper, reactor, put down a factory at 100 gas (lab) then starport. I usually add a reactor on that as well. I get intimidated when I walk up to a base with sieged tanks and I have mostly marines with a few maruaders mixed in, stim and 4 medivacs. My army dies so quick lol

SamuraiX-

For some reason the Twitch stream isn't up but it's available on Azubu TV with FREE SOURCE QUALITY!! :D

http://www.azubu.tv/EN_SC2_Starleague

awesome, gonna tune in and maybe learn something.

Marauder's able to survive sieged tanks pretty well?

Yeah, Marauders do bonus damage to armored units but they also receive increased damage from Siege Tanks as well. Obviously it's never a good idea to attack head first into a siege line but if you just keep using scans and looking for small openings in the defense of these turtles, you might be able to make effective use of drops.

Also, whenever you see a line of sieged tanks that are completely undefended or with minimal anti-air nearby, try grabbing two medivacs full of bio and sprinkle them across the tanks and watch the hilarity ensue from the friendly fire.

kasane

I've opened up every game open with reaper, reactor, put down a factory at 100 gas (lab) then starport. I usually add a reactor on that as well. I get intimidated when I walk up to a base with sieged tanks and I have mostly marines with a few maruaders mixed in, stim and 4 medivacs. My army dies so quick lol

nah if its tvt gas first is king

go the usual opening except gas at 12 then 13 rax

once rax finishes put factory and second gas

continue producing marines and when factory finishes start starport and techlab on factory and reactor on rax

you could add a 2nd cc before your starport if you think you cant kill him. put starport into techlab and make viking and produce seige tanks

Lethe82

Banned
Welp, start work at a warehouse on Monday (have my tryout day as it were), grunt work until I can find something better. Kind of nervous. Bleh.

Good luck man, I'm sure you'll be right. Once they see your APM, multitasking and box micro they won't want to let you GP. Seriously though nothing wrong with grunt work, gotta start somewhere.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I think I might have an extra copy of SC2 Wings of Liberty if anyone needs. Might have been already used but the box looked sealed lol. Let me know.

Syf

Banned
i'm in the top 7 of my silver league. Does that guarantee me a bump into gold league?
It's a good place to be, but rank within a league doesn't always mean you'll be promoted. W/L is more important. Sometimes people will be in the top 10 of a league but still have a .500 W/L meaning that's probably where they should be. What's your record?

Tekniqs

It's a good place to be, but rank within a league doesn't always mean you'll be promoted. W/L is more important. Sometimes people will be in the top 10 of a league but still have a .500 W/L meaning that's probably where they should be. What's your record?
Something like 26-30 lol. Winning more now that I've somewhat gotten a grasp of the basics.

Syf

Banned
Something like 26-30 lol. Winning more now that I've somewhat gotten a grasp of the basics.
lol yeah the ladder will basically try to put you where you'll have a 50/50 W/L record. Get above .500, keep winning more than you lose in silver and you'll advance.

Top Bottom