• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Syf

Banned
Is this a fucking joke? I have to subscribe to even get MEDIUM QUALITY streaming for GSL now?

Go choke a fat dick, GOM.
Yeah I'm not gonna be watching GSL, that's just awful. Didn't Blizzard make it a standard minimum 720p free for WCS point events too?

SamuraiX-

Now he's bitching about multiple observers in his match with Happy.

Happy has said he doesn't give a fuck.

NaNiwa continues to be the same cunt he was when he should've retired from the scene for good.

Syf

Banned
7tmx3bu.gif

Tekniqs

oh man...TvT (at my lower silver level) is dull as shit lol. turtle turtle turtle....makes for unbearably long and boring games.

Tekniqs

get aggressive man, go cloak banshee or something. they never expect it in lower leagues

i tried lol...he had turrets all over his base. I tried just expanding and bleeding him out but I got impatient and tried pushing up.

I think if I scouted better, I'd have a slight inkling of what he was up to and gotten aggressive from the start with marines/tank. I poked up at the start with a reaper and he already had a bunker at the ramp.

watching MMA/Bomber series...now that's entertaining!

Syf

Banned
Scouting is everything man, don't mean to sound lolmasterleague but I'm in master league with two races and scouting is everything. As terran, at the very minimum you want a reaper scout but scv is good vs zerg I find. From there build to counter and continue scouting, you're golden. The key to the ladder is knowing what your opponent is doing.

Tekniqs

Scouting is everything man, don't mean to sound lolmasterleague but I'm in master league with two races and scouting is everything. As terran, at the very minimum you want a reaper scout but scv is good vs zerg I find. From there build to counter and continue scouting, you're golden. The key to the ladder is knowing what your opponent is doing.

yep i'm trying to get better with scouting. my map control is so shitty though

Lethe82

Banned
Well that's good. I wonder what caused it.

When I've recovered a bit more from my new work schedule (worked 60+ hours last week) do you mind giving me some pointers on how to improve as Terran? I feel like I've been at a skill ceiling for more of less a year now.

Ugh NaNiwa's trying to make a comeback.

Fuck off please you cancerous clown.

Hate on the guy all you want but he was and is great for the scene. He's an asshole sure but he's an asshole everyone loves to hate and he is one of a handful of non Korean players who has ever been regularly competitive with Koreans.

I think it says a lot about players like happy that Naniwa can come back and so quickly be beating them.

Stream numbers saw a nice bump last month

Monthly%20viewers%202014%2012.png

I don't have any numbers but just looking at how many players are online whenever i'm playing it seems playing numbers have been way up as well. Not sure if that's had any impact. I'd say it may be because there has been a bit of a lull in the off season when it comes to big tournaments. Also some fairly popular streamers getting back into streaming regularly like rotti.

Syf

Banned
When I've recovered a bit more from my new work schedule (worked 60+ hours last week) do you mind giving me some pointers on how to improve as Terran? I feel like I've been at a skill ceiling for more of less a year now.
Sure man send me some replays, though I dunno if I can really help you improve much, you're same league as me and have played way more lol.

Also TB's LotV mod tournament is starting: http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You gotta watch that first match when you get the chance. Shit was alpha AF.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stay strong Aylinato.

SamuraiX-

Hate on the guy all you want but he was and is great for the scene. He's an asshole sure but he's an asshole everyone loves to hate and he is one of a handful of non Korean players who has ever been regularly competitive with Koreans.

I think it says a lot about players like happy that Naniwa can come back and so quickly be beating them.

He's actually quite horrible influence for the scene. He's everything that a professional progamer shouldn't be.

I don't love to hate him at all. I'm just all around disappointed that he hasn't learned anything after being a cunt for so many years. Yes, he's a very skilled player but all that is completely wasted on him, imo. He'll always be remembered for constantly making a scene wherever he goes by being a childish jackass and sore loser blaming everything else except his own play. What a great legacy, amirite?

Nerchio has been doing the same shit in online tournaments and qualifiers lately. Insulting opponents when he wins and never gg'ing, EVER, when he loses. It's really embarrassing.

Tekniqs

hey guys..need some advise. I keep losing games after getting a decent lead in the early game due to early drop or early attack. What's a good way to keep this lead? I usually lose come midgame. I feel like I'm making units somewhat efficiently. Admittedly it could be better. How many rax/factory/starport should I have anyhow come midgame?

I've been going with 5 rax, 1-2 with lab, 3 with reactor, 1 starport and 1 factory.

kasane

hey guys..need some advise. I keep losing games after getting a decent lead in the early game due to early drop or early attack. What's a good way to keep this lead? I usually lose come midgame. I feel like I'm making units somewhat efficiently. Admittedly it could be better. How many rax/factory/starport should I have anyhow come midgame?

I've been going with 5 rax, 1-2 with lab, 3 with reactor, 1 starport and 1 factory.

too much 2 reactors should be good

i think you need better army compositions and better macro

focus on your macro since you're prolly gonna be just trading units.

SamuraiX-

HuK lost to lesser name players who didn't even qualify in the first two qualifiers that he had no business losing to.

Would be embarrassing if he actually couldn't make it in.

Any reason why Scarlett disappeared? She only played in the second qualifier and got knocked out by Astrea. It looks like her name is on the list for the fourth qualifier though.

Syf

Banned
Aside from the few awful 2+ hour swarmhost games I've actually been enjoying these qualifiers a lot. So much drama and trash talk lol. Wish Blizzard would allow a little more of that in WCS proper.

Top Bottom