• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

SamuraiX-

Damn shame about Maru, but still a sick list of names for Ro8 and onward:

4MUzne6.png

Only one mirror and that's the best type of mirror matchup so no complaints.

Potential for Life vs herO in the semis and a rematch of Life vs PartinG or MMA in the grand final.

I still don't believe anybody stops Life from winning it all.

Syf

Banned
Reddit seems to think the LotV beta is getting ready to start. You know I was playing Heroes of the Storm tonight and remembered they added an updated Hydralisk model to that game. I wonder if SC2 might get some new models with LotV.

Lethe82

Banned
Finding SCII stressful?

Turn team colors up to maximum
Turn all effects sounds up to 100% including alerts and unit movement
Turn Master music volume to 47%
Switch the soundtrack to SCII/Broodwar
Turn sound quality to low

It does a surprisingly good job of bringing back that BW auditory feel which I honestly credit with a good amount of how 'fun' the game was. The sound mixing was perfect and unit sounds were addictive.

Aaron

I haven't seen Flash recently, but Fantasy played damned good in the qualifiers. There's an outside chance he could beat Rain.

SamuraiX-

Katowice bracket is up. All Bo5 except for Bo7 final.

B_L54CpU0AEQa64.jpg

Gonna be so good. I hope Flash is practicing hard.

And I hope Maru crushes Patience.

Bahahaha git rekt Patience

And hawt damn we get to see INno vs Life in both GSL and here at Katowice (assuming Life doesn't have to cancel because of SSL ;_;). TaeJa vs Dark should be fantastic as well assuming TaeJa has been able to reclaim his form.

I hope Flash is practicing hard.

He played well in Proleague today, got the win against Byul. Maybe Life fixed his problem with Zergs. :)

Zest is the one that needs practice now... He lost twice against her0 today. Not that winning against her0 should be easy, but Zest has pretty inconsistent results overall lately.

(assuming Life doesn't have to cancel because of SSL ;_;).

On the Proleague cast today, they said Life vs Dream in the SSL would actually happen this week (along with Maru vs Stats), so I guess that solves the conflict! It doesn't look like Liquipedia was updated with that info yet...

Why does everyone seem to hate Patience? I don't know his background...

survivor

Banned
Why does everyone seem to hate Patience? I don't know his background...

I don't think he has done anything deserving of hate. More like he is a nobody that once in a while does well at some random tournament while knocking out favourites. And then go on and disappear for a long ass time due to mediocre results. Basically, it's hard to get excited about him in this IEM tournament when he isn't a big name nor is he a consistent player.

yo Life vs Innovation march 6th...anyone know what time PST? and linky link!

edit: march 12?

March 6th in the GSL at 1:30 am PST. The stream is here but... I'm not sure, guys, do you need a subscription to watch it live, or is that just for access to the archive? EDIT: OK, apparently you can watch it live for free but the quality is crap. There's a French cast from replay with high video quality on O'Gaming on the same day around 11 am PST, but... yeah, it's in French. Even if you understand French, the casters are rather annoying, but I make do since I can't really watch the English cast at 5 am my time.

March 12 is their match at IEM Katowice, that's supposed to be around 10:30 am PST, though it depends on how long the previous matches last, so definitely subject to change. I assume it will stream on the ESL's channel.

SamuraiX-

Hey, the GSL Code A qualifiers for Season 2 are on. Cool.

Anybody notice something out of place with this bracket?

YUm7f1o.png

-_-

At least Flash qualified without too much trouble, thankfully.

Syf

Banned
I'd watch that every evening if they let us see better than low quality without paying. Can't think of any other league that does that.

SamuraiX-

At least we get non-sub only chat! :D

That's really sick if they start doing rebroadcasts at acceptable times for us NA plebs.

I missed PartinG vs Solar so thank you kindly, GOM!

Oh, that's cool... But good gods, that quality. :| Yeah, I see what everyone was complaining about. I guess I'll stick to the French cast... though I miss Artosis and Tasteless.

Syf

Banned
Should be an outstanding final. Sucks it's two weeks away though. At least they're making room for Maru to attend Katowice.

Also Blizzard posted that they're taking down the PTR. Due to their 'development timeline' it may not go back up and instead go live in 3-4 weeks. That's right around when the LotV beta is rumored to start. Note this is separate from the swarm host test map which is just an extension mod. I think the beta really is happening around the end of this month or early April.

Holy shit, Dream. :O Such a close series. I thought for sure he didn't stand a chance against Life when he couldn't handle Solar or Rogue last week, but looks like that was just a bad day. Very impressive play today. I kinda wanted a Maru/Life rematch, but this TvT finals should also be excellent.

Top Bottom