• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

So, IEM Katowice in about 9 hours.

Oj1ja7f.png

Predictions?

I will go with...

herO > Cure
Bbyong > Solar (Solar is pretty inconsistent lately, while Bbyong is solid; he even beat Life twice in Proleague this season.)
Zest < Hydra (Sorry Zest, no faith in you these days.)
INnoVation < Life
Flash > Trap (On the other hand, my faith in Flash is sufficiently restored to think he can at least beat Trap.)
Fantasy < Rain
Maru > Patience
Dark > TaeJa (It's sad that this is an easy pick, but TaeJa really hasn't done anything since Blizzcon.)

Then round of 4: herO, Life, Rain, Maru (Maru vs Dark being very hard to pick).

And... I guess a Life vs Maru rematch for the finals. Probably Life will win again but... screw it, I'll pick Maru. (Psst Maru, wall off your fucking base this time.)

EDIT: Oh and by the way, they're not doing the matches in bracket order, so the matches for the first day are: Fantasy vs Rain, Dark vs TaeJa, Zest vs Hydra, and finally INnoVation vs Life.

survivor

Banned
My hopes:

herO - Cure
Bbyong - Solar I honestly don't care much about either player so the outcome doesn't matter to me
Zest - Hydra
Innovation - Life A few weeks ago I would have said Innovation, but since Life joined KT I have to root for him now.
Flash - Trap
Fantasy - Rain
Maru - Patience
Dark - Taeja

Syf

Banned
Cheering for Flash, Maru, Life and Rain myself. As for predictions..

herO > Cure
Bbyong > Solar
Zest < Hydra
INnoVation > Life
Flash > Trap
Fantasy < Rain
Maru > Patience
Dark < TaeJa

..in before I'm wrong on all of them.

kasane

lol picking flash right now

seriously?

im the biggest fan there is but there is no way he wins

reverse jinx but its doubtful

Round of 16:

herO > Cure - Don't think this will be close.
Solar > Bbyong - Bbyong hasn't done much lately (although I can't watch much of Proleague).
Hydra > Zest - Who cares whoever wins is going to get destroyed in round of 8.
Life > Innovation - Hard to pick against Life right now.
Flash > Trap - Haven't seen either play in awhile.
Rain > Fantasy - Don't see this being that close.
Maru > Patience - Probably the biggest blowout in round of 16.
Dark > Taeja - If Taeja doesn't win this series I think he retires.

Round of 8:

herO > Solar - herO's been much more consistent lately. Don't think he loses this.
Life > Hydra - Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Rain > Flash - Haven't seen enough of Flash lately to pick him over Rain
Maru > Dark - Maru's been really good against non-Life Zerg's lately.

Round of 4:

Life > herO - herO's been really consistent lately but so has Life. Think herO's gonna have a brainfart in one of these games and cost him the series.
Maru > Rain - Maru's been pretty consistent lately and he's only had to worry about Protoss recently.

Finals:

Maru > Life - My head says Maru, my heart says Life. I think Maru will be extremely prepared for Life after losing to him at the last IEM.

Just caught up on the semifinals from last night. Can't believe MMA didn't have Turrets up earlier in game 4. Parting was never going to kill him with Blink Stalkers on mostly 1 base. He eventually got a Turret in front of his second for Dark Templar but he had to be wary of an Oracle coming since he never saw anything else.

You cant even pick flash over trap right now

Dude is on full tilt

Id say theyre even. It could go either way

Well, he seems out of his slump at least. Won his two games in the new round of Proleague against Creator and Byul. Alright, Creator played like crap, but Byul is solid (hell, he ended Inno's winning streak this week) and Flash had especially been having trouble against Zerg. He seems to have regained his confidence at least. So... yeah, not a sure thing, but I think he can probably handle Trap, we'll see.

Admittedly, I'd be surprised if he makes it very far into the tournament though.

It would be hilarious though if he made it to the finals against Life somehow, and then he wins because Life taught him the secrets to beating Zergs. ;)

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So looking forward to this weekend...Cities Skylines with IEM on the 2nd monitor. Life doesnt get better than this!

SamuraiX-

Missed everything else. Just in time for INno vs Life. :O

Really awesome to see FanTaSy's recent fantastic play carry over to the big stage. Would have never thought Rain couldn't even take a single map off him.

I see Zest somehow backdoor swept Hydra. lol

Not surprised to see TaeJa go out but at the same time I guess Dark brought his A game again.

SamuraiX-

It's really disappointing seeing Life get so rekt by these early Hellbat pushes.

He might still have a chance this time since it's on Deadwing but it would really be a shame if he loses a Bo5 because he couldn't predict the most standard of standard early aggression timings in TvZ right now.

survivor

Banned
Man I was hoping Life would win so Zest would have a better chance against a zerg. But now that he is facing Innovation, his chances of making further are pretty slim to none.

SamuraiX-

Really lame. Life looked like he had that game in the bag after taking a 30-40 supply lead when INno forgot how to macro for a few moments.

Life's tactics of bleeding off a few lings/banes even when there are no widow mines planted instead of just baiting the Terran as close to his Hatch as possible fucks him over a lot, I feel.

Again, it's a damn shame that Life lost Game 1 and 3 because of standard Hellbat/Banshee timings that a Platinum league player could pull off.

The Zerg hope is officially dead as far as I'm concerned. I doubt Solar even makes it past Bbyong and I don't see Dark getting any further than the semifinals.

Syf

Banned
is it possible to get tickets just to watch the finals? the rest of blizzcon doesn't really interest me.
Think they did sell them for the finals last year yeah. Not sure if you'll be able to again. Probably depends which game is being held in the arena.

Damn, did not expect Life to go down in the round of 16... though I guess Inno is one of the only guys there who even had a chance against him. Looks like my predictions were pretty crap overall. :)

Only got one series right but the only one that surprised me was Fantasy 3-0ing Rain. I have a bad feeling Rain might fall off not being on a Kespa team anymore.

SamuraiX-

Wow, rewatching Zest vs Hydra Game 5 and Hydra threw that so hard.

Very impressive defense from Zest though. Sim city conquers all.
Also level 3 weapon upgrades vs level 1. lololol

calder

Watched yesterday's matches on the ESL YouTube channel. Some really good games.

Inno vs Life? Hnnnnnnng

Lol after seeing so, so many bad to terrible mine hits, nice to see Inno's widow mines at least do their damn job.

SamuraiX-

Cure... you know herO's pumping out Stalkers and you don't scan the main before you try to drop 4 full Medivacs?

Welp, I guess that's one way to throw a game.

SamuraiX-

Flash was almost knocked out by a build straight from the Taiwanese Great Book of Protoss Bullshit.

Sick response and defense.

Game 5 baby!

Top Bottom