• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Lethe82

Banned
What matches were these that he was meching in link?

Quality of life improvements I would like to see:

Automated control groups: I think control groups in general could use some work. Be it automated army control group generation, or also automating elements like control group subdivision for armies and production based on unit/structure hierarchy. Control groups are needlessly difficult and hard to manage in SCII. They sort of started it with the select army button, but being able to have automatic control group generation and control group subdivision would help out a lot. How you want the control groups generated could be managed through settings.You could also have an easy way to split units off from automatically being a part of the main army control groups or whatnot, for drops and things like that.

Revamped Training: Training not only gives you challenges that help you learn how to control the units etc, but actually prepares you for how multiplayer is actually played

Improved select-able 'AI Strategies': Their techniques will actually allow them to replicate the openings of strategies used in real competitive play and are frequently updated.

Unit/building construction progress on control group icons We have a graphical indicator for the hotkeyed warp gates to show when they are ready again, why don't we also see a construction bar for all production?

I'd love to see them improve the AI but I don't think they care much outside of the campaign which is heavily scripted. It'd also probably be hard for them to program consistent builds outside of openings. Would be awesome if they could program early mid-game all-ins like Roach/Baneling or Immortal ones though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Happy birthday, champ.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/19831343/5th-anniversary-of-starcraft-ii-7-23-2015

We’re extremely happy to celebrate the fifth anniversary of StarCraft II! On July 27th 2010, StarCraft II Wings of Liberty was released to the public, and the five years since have been an incredible journey. We’ve seen tournaments spring up across the globe, millions of players get involved with the game, and are rapidly approaching the release of the final expansion: Legacy of the Void.

To celebrate this special occasion, we’ll be releasing a 5th anniversary portrait that any player can select to join in on the celebration while in-game. Just play any game of StarCraft II anytime from July 27 to August 3 and you’ll be awarded this special portrait to commemorate the occasion.
Free portrait by logging on :)

Lethe82

Banned
I'd love to see them improve the AI but I don't think they care much outside of the campaign which is heavily scripted. It'd also probably be hard for them to program consistent builds outside of openings. Would be awesome if they could program early mid-game all-ins like Roach/Baneling or Immortal ones though.

Yeah, though as you say initial builds and early/mid game timings could be pretty simple to execute.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
5 years?
ggradiant.gif

Lethe82

Banned
Wait, it's not? Why?

The team for LotV is bigger than the team for SCII at any other point of development in its history and will stay this big post LotV shipping, all but confirming long term dedicated support, eventual F2P, content updates etc, and Blizzards SCII team over these past 3 weeks has communicated more with the community than in the prior entirety of SCIIs existence.

Syf

Banned
Blizzards SCII team over these past 3 weeks has communicated more with the community than in the prior entirety of SCIIs existence.
this is really true. For the first time I really feel like they're listening and directly responding to community suggestions. I just hope they follow through with the necessary changes rather than go for the safe play and fall back on what's normal in HotS. The team size and future plans are encouraging all by themselves though. I can't wait to see what's in store.

Tekniqs

whoa! anyone watch that maru vs classic game from today?

Seems like Protoss are able to counter Maru's style more effectively now but then Maru whipped out ghosts/mass nukes at the mid-late/late game. Almost worked. That was a fun game to watch.

Code S round of 32 groups are out. Not quite as balanced as they have been the last few seasons. Groups B and C are the groups of death. Maru gets a rematch against Classic next week. Life didn't get a good draw in code A and he didn't get one in Code S either. Group A is by far the weirdest group. One was the biggest overachiever last season, 2 players didn't even make Code S last season and the other went out in the round of 32. Flash got a good draw this season. Curious amazingly hasn't played a Terran in GSL since Code A of last season despite making it to the round of 4, so I have no idea how he'll do against Flash.

Tekniqs

hey guys, i need some tips/help. TvT...lost two games tonight due to 88 proxy double rax, and then the infamous proxy reaper rush. Lately, i've been doing the 'anti banshee FE' build in TvT. When doing this build, when's the best time to scout? I've been scouting with the scv that built my rax.

If you're that worried about getting cheesed send an SCV to their main at the same time you would send your first out for a proxy 2 rax. If it's a 4 player map I'd probably open standard Reaper opening while sending your Depot SCV out to scout, and if you haven't found their main yet or know what their build is, immediately build a bunker right after. If you're opponent gets lucky scouting you fast with a proxy Reaper on a 4 player map then there's nothing really you could have done.

Tekniqs

If you're that worried about getting cheesed send an SCV to their main at the same time you would send your first out for a proxy 2 rax. If it's a 4 player map I'd probably open standard Reaper opening while sending your Depot SCV out to scout, and if you haven't found their main yet or know what their build is, immediately build a bunker right after. If you're opponent gets lucky scouting you fast with a proxy Reaper on a 4 player map then there's nothing really you could have done.

how about on two player maps? perhaps I should change my build order on those. any suggestions?

Lethe82

Banned
Just so everyone is aware, Blizzard is looking to heavily nerf offensive early game warp gating, and removing or toning down macro mechanics in LotV. It's already a better game than Wol or Hots hands down, but Blizzard seems to really be listening. They do a weekly/bi weekly community update where they talk about changes they are looking to make, community suggestions (which have been noticeably affecting development), it's really good stuff.

Just so everyone is aware, Blizzard is looking to heavily nerf offensive early game warp gating, and removing or toning down macro mechanics in LotV. It's already a better game than Wol or Hots hands down, but Blizzard seems to really be listening. They do a weekly/bi weekly community update where they talk about changes they are looking to make, community suggestions (which have been noticeably affecting development), it's really good stuff.

They could probably add another 20-30 seconds to Warpgate research. Anything else I feel like would be too much.

Just looked at the Blue post about the updates. Both warp-in changes are hilariously stupid. 16 seconds for offensive warp-ins with the increased damage taken would make it extremely hard to kill someone unless they had a huge army supply lead. The 2 second warp-ins connected to a warpgate kills any chance of Zerg being aggressive early. As a casual I'd love the macro changes, but I'd keep chrono at double speed and increase the energy cost of mules instead.

Top Bottom