• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

twelver

EPIC NEWS

Even if the achievement servers are down, they are retroactive so you'll still get the achievements whenever they go up again. I just confirmed that.

ummm, I beat the second mission while the achievements were down. Did not get it for beating the mission. Logged in today, still no achievements, but it has my completion time for brutal difficulty..

Tacitus_

is there any xel'naga stuff in the campaign? do you see any of them?

no, unless hybrids are xelnaga or something.

The Narud missions get pretty close imo

I have the same issue.

Try reloading the final auto-save of a mission you are missing achievements for and completing it again.

It worked for me.

Yup, the achievements won't sync - even if you fulfilled the objectives and the game tracked them (like completion times) if you did so while offline.

profit

I'm a little bit good at starcraft. ;)

He mad

http://drop.sc/310098

GG man! Just finished watching this game.
So much supply of that zerg into drones, at the end he was at 85, I think thats a bit too much?
Also I've noticed you were floating quite a bit of minerals sometimes (around 1000 each time); but offcourse Toss can lose quite a bit of that money with warpins.
Wish I could say a bit more but this is one of the first times I watch someon elses replay and comment on it; will try and watch the others later tonight!

What is that green shield and the floating thing behind the observer?

Mothership core, produced from the nexus.
The green thing was timewarp, which slows units who are inside it.
Other abillities are recal, which warp back your units to any friendly nexus; and photon overcharge can temporarily make your nexus into a big photon cannon (planetary Nexus).

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Mothership_Core

antitrop

No an oracle is from stargate tech. That's the mothership core.

The green shield is timewarp a new spell from the mothership core that slows units by 50%
Oh, I didn't even realize there was a picture. I was just guessing based off the description, hence the question mark.

Now that I've seen the picture, ya...

Rosenskjold

Am I the only one who thinks the HOTS campaign is a lot easier than the WoL one? I went with "hard" difficulty, and I didn't need to replay a single map. I'll definitely go for the achievement for all missions on brutal in this campaign.

profit

Am I the only one who thinks the HOTS campaign is a lot easier than the WoL one? I went with "hard" difficulty, and I didn't need to replay a single map. I'll definitely go for the achievement for all missions on brutal in this campaign.

No, I think thats almost everyone's opinion in this thread.

twelver

Yup, the achievements won't sync - even if you fulfilled the objectives and the game tracked them (like completion times) if you did so while offline.

Will it still count towards completing the game on brutal if it didn't log the achievement, or do I need to reply it?

Wunder

No, I think thats almost everyone's opinion in this thread.

They definitely went more all-out with the upgrades/evolutions so I think a lot of the units are just a lot stronger than the WoL ones. Also they added the 'Mastery' achievements which are separate from the mission ones and are meant to be more of a challenge/added replay value for people who want that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
No an oracle is from stargate tech. That's the mothership core.

The green shield is timewarp a new spell from the mothership core that slows units by 50%
That's awesome, I see you've got it around you stalkers, does it help a lot with mitigating lings and such?

Tacitus_

There's no mission as hard as All In or the last protoss mission but otherwise they are about as difficult. Though I haven't done a Brutal playthrough yet so they might hide some tricks.

You keep pimping the fact that
Duran = Narud
as if it's some great secret lost on everyone else who is playing the game. We get it.
They're the same person.
The name is a tough nut to crack, being a complex cryptograph. Thank you.

There wasn't no solid evidence to say
they were the same person
before HotS, only assumptions based on the name. It's easy to say it's obvious now but there were doubts before.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You can continue playing, but you won't get achievements offline.

especially sucks when for whatever reason, battle.net likes to log me out almost every 15min on the dot and I lose any achievment progress from then on.

tenton

Not possible since
most of the zerg strains were assimilated from species of another planets like the slothein (hidraliscs), brontholith (ultralisks) or gashyrr wasps (drones). The only known species of zerg that actually came to Zerus were the overlords which ironically the primal zerg did not used :p

So yeah, (minor?) plot hole nº4657 for you, Blizzard!

The evolution pit dude
was pissed that the primals were assimilating ("stealing" I think he said? I forgot what he said exactly) the new troops.
Is there a way to review conversations? I think this was the last conversation I had with him where I left off last night.

ShaneB

Will there ever be in game viewing of live matches? I'm sure that gets asked often, but I certainly haven't following SC2 much, nor do I have any idea if Blizzard is limited to whatever framework they've put in place. Just seems silly that a stream news feed in game would just link to a webpage :(

zargle

Will there ever be in game viewing of live matches? I'm sure that gets asked often, but I certainly haven't following SC2 much, nor do I have any idea if Blizzard is limited to whatever framework they've put in place. Just seems silly that a stream news feed in game would just link to a webpage :(

Trust me, that question has been asked many, many, many, many, many times.

So probably no.

jersoc

it's pretty easy and i was a lowly silver player in wol. i'm steam rolling through normal, will probably try to hard to see how it is.

R8wFuOA.jpg

I don't understand why the bar isn't full? I'm 10-0 right now.

GC|Simon

I'm annoyed. I cannot load mission two and my game keeps crashing when loading multiplayer games sometimes (in 2 of 5 times so far). I had totally no issues with WoL or the beta. Anyone else having these difficulties?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Achievement servers down

Reconnecting

Achievement servers down

Reconnecting

Achievement servers down

GJ EU Blizz

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Accept the damn clan invite you stupid dinosaur -_-
I will! Once I'm done with this :lol I can't do it while playing!

Yoshichan

I didn't know Deathwing, Azmodan and Belial existed in the SC-lore. The more you know, huh?

jrock

*start rant
First time ever I feel screwed by Amazon.
Still hasn't shipped even though I ordered it in November.
Tried to cancel my order only to have them tell me its in the process of shipping soon and they cant do anything. No shipping upgrade no nothing.
Fuck that. No tracking then they should be able to cancel it.
I'm going to bestbuy now to buy it (CE in stock) and returning the amazon one whenever the fuck it shows up.
*end rant

Tacitus_

All In was tough as nails (or not, depending on your tech choices and which group of Zerg you destroyed), but the last Protoss mission wasn't too hard on any difficulty if you just massed Colossi.

I found that when the massive amounts of hybrids started appearing colossi lost a lot of their oomph. Though surviving the mission and getting the bonus objectives are two different things and I was usually aiming for the latter.

Yoshichan

Soaking in the campaign... really don't want it to end ._. Fuck mp, gonna replay this sucker right after I beat it.

Top Bottom