• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: SEA Tournament Thread

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
l19h9.jpg

LET'S GET IT ON!

I censored the banner! because it's the Australian way!

Who's up?

We'll even get some of them commentated!

Combatants:
Code:
Syth_Blade22 - 	Niick 296
evlcookie - 	evlcookie 526
SonicX_Zero - 	SonicXZero 702
Fredescu - 	Fredescu 642
pieatorium - 	pieman 891
Tim the Wiz - 	kilner 819 
Stryder - 	Dan 570
remz - 		remz 103
Paz - 		Paz 564
jim-jam bongs - McG 559
Aon - 		Aon 684
hamchan - 	Hamchan 299
Pikelet - 	Pikelet 146
Rez - 	 	Rez 443
VOOK - 	 	VOOK 543
Orbitcube - 	Orbi 540
Libo - 	 	Libo 913
Tntnnbltn - 	???? ???
Tylahedras - 	XeRoX 465

SEAGAFSC2.png

RULES
prelims and 1st rounds can be best of 1

2nd and 3rd rounds best of 3

semi and finals best of 5!

use what ever bloody race you like, maps will be random

Have fun or i'll glare at you over the internet.

as for times when rounds need to be completed, due to the unusual format of having to wait for people to lose to play them, pretty much just try to play your matches ASAP, and after a match has occured both players need to post here to say who won.

As for replays, unless your games are amazing don't bother :p except for the sem's and the finals :) We'll totally commentate them.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For sure. Add me!

I think there's only like 5 of us anyway so i'm not too sure how this will work. :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
SonicX_Zero said:
I'm in

SonicXZero 702

or you know we could just keep on training ourselves till the day we take on America!:D

I think that's what we should use the tournament for. Offer tips and help, if we can ever figure out what the heck we are doing :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Where the hell are you all coming from?! We figured it would be the 4 of us on the sea gaf google list and those in ausgaf steam chat.

Looks like we might have a real comp on. Things just got strange and i need to learn how to play sc2 :lol

Pikelet

Where the hell are you all coming from?! We figured it would be the 4 of us on the sea gaf google list and those in ausgaf steam chat.

Yes, the number of Ausgaffers on this board is quite surprising.

I would love to join this tourney, however my skills are pretty much non-existent. Maybe round 2 if we ever have one.

HolyCheck

Pikelet said:
Yes, the number of Ausgaffers on this board is quite surprising.

I would love to join this tourney, however my skills are pretty much non-existent. Maybe round 2 if we ever have one.

Most of us have non existent skills too!

as seen by our 4v4 loss against the computer set on easy earlier today..

We're mostly bronze leaguers! with the odd crazy man who will win.. but we'll all have fun!

join!

+ I might throw up prizes for the best from each league :) (if theres more than one of you!)

Pikelet

Most of us have non existent skills too!

as seen by our 4v4 loss against the computer set on easy earlier today..

We're mostly bronze leaguers! with the odd crazy man who will win.. but we'll all have fun!

join!

+ I might throw up prizes for the best from each league :) (if theres more than one of you!)
Yesterday 11:52 PM

Hmm. You have convinced me, sign me up.

HolyCheck

I'm thinking we let sign ups go on for another few days, and start this weekend, i'll put names in a hat and set things up!

simple rules, 1v1, faster

Aon

Playing a best out of three or five elimination style match where the loser gets to choose the next map and the initial map is always "X"?

Or just single games on a random map? Or flip a coin to choose the map?

You must... choose!

HolyCheck

Aon said:
Playing a best out of three or five elimination style match where the loser gets to choose the next map and the initial map is always "X"?

Or just single games on a random map? Or flip a coin to choose the map?

You must... choose!

oh god so many choices, i think with how few we have a best of 3 could work, or maybe just 1 offs for the first round then best of 3's then for the big final a best of 5?

what does everyone thing will work best?

and maps... lol if you're worrying about which maps we're using.. you might win this tournament..

Stryder

I reckon that's a good way to run things, knock out on first round, best of 3 then 5 for the final/s

There should be a standard map chosen for each stage, e.g. first round would be Blistering Sands, the next Metalopolis, etc. etc.

edit: I think either Blistering Sands or Scrap Station might be good first maps?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Maps have names? :(

Maybe we can have a winner and losers bracket? I'm just thinking that because the more games everyone plays the more experience they can get. But it might be too much for the first excellent SEA competition.

I also noticed that we are 1 short of 12, does that mean i can bail out? woo hoo :lol

I have no issues with a 1st round knockout then 3 and 5 games.

HolyCheck

evlcookie said:
Maps have names? :(

Maybe we can have a winner and losers bracket? I'm just thinking that because the more games everyone plays the more experience they can get. But it might be too much for the first excellent SEA competition.

I also noticed that we are 1 short of 12, does that mean i can bail out? woo hoo :lol

I have no issues with a 1st round knockout then 3 and 5 games.

No! You can never drop out!

No matter the numbers, we'll work out a system, even if it's some kind of round robin situation!

I like the winners / losers bracket, it'll be like Dream team and super coach, where the bottom 8 and top 8 both have finals!

remz

What times are we rolling on the weekend? I'm probably going to be out most of friday and saturday nights

Stryder

I think we'll just call it that you have to play your games and submit replays by a certain time, it will be up to you to PM your opponent once brackets are up to work out a time to play each other.

as for having 11 people, it just means 1 person can be seeded and the other 5 pairs duke it out.

HolyCheck

I'm sure we can get one more by the weekend!

but yeah as Stryder said, I think once the pairings have been made, I'll set a time for you guys to get together and have your matches, record them, or heck just say who won :p none of us will lie.. surely, but will def record some of the later matches, would be great to get some commentary on them.. even by people who dont know whats going on!

hamchan

Since ya'll need one more I'll sign up.

Hamchan 299

I'm new to Starcraft and RTS, so the person who matches up with me gets a free win.

Paz

That's odd, I could SWEAR my number was correct earlier but now it says 695.

I think best of 3 all the way through would be best.

Pikelet

Pikelet 146

:D I guess i am better than i thought, won 3 of my placement matches and got placed in the silver league :D

HolyCheck

Rez said:
Rez.443

I'm a bit rusty.

Rusty gives the rest of us hope!

except SonicX... he's odds on favourite to win!

Ok so due to talks in the steam chat about the lay out of the tournament, I will change it so it's more even for everyone, I'm spending my time at work when no ones looking penning myself a tournament draft!

So once thats up and running I will post it here.

Also

Deadlines!!!!!!!!!
Deadline to join is this friday, MIDDAY.

make sure you let people know!

As soon as it hits midday, I will post the tournament brackets, you will then have until midday monday to get your games out of the way.
I'm still toying with the idea of a best of 3 first round too, to give everyone some good practice before progressing!

HolyCheck

lmfao! Ok ignore the link for a while coz i've been messing with it testing different scenarios that might work.

dont worry ham, if you get paired up against a platinum first you still get another crack coming in from the loser side of the tournament for one of the final 4 spots!

Tntnnbltn

I would volunteer myself, but I've...
  • Only played the single-player campaign
  • Never played SC1 or any other RTS
  • Never played an SC2 multiplayer game
  • Don't actually own the game (leached guest pass from my housemate :lol )

Due to the aforementioned points, I don't think I'd be the best competition just yet. :D

hamchan

Tntnnbltn said:
I would volunteer myself, but I've...
  • Only played the single-player campaign
  • Never played SC1 or any other RTS
  • Never played an SC2 multiplayer game
  • Don't actually own the game (leached guest pass from my housemate :lol )

Due to the aforementioned points, I don't think I'd be the best competition just yet. :D
I'm in a similar position. You should join, then you can take over my spot.

HolyCheck

hamchan said:
I'm in a similar position. You should join, then you can take over my spot.

Nonsense! that just means more! more!! MORE!!!

+ I'll be announcing the prizes soon ;)

lol @ Vook

When you're logged in its the name up the top near your picture... as for your number... no idea!

Top Bottom