• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Just not asian food.

Also, I still don't know what sweet ice tea juice box with bonus seaweed thing you were talking about. I don't think I've ever had that. I've only had seaweed paper snacks, they come like Fruit2Go.

I'll post a picture of the juice box when I get to work. But the fruit2go style seaweed was what I was talking about.

Edit: Or scogoth could post it way before I can. That stuff is like CRACK.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Aren't you all Zergs now?

I watched some Finals or something and I was facepalming at game 1 it was so bad. Pick a better race matchup.

WedgeX

Banned
So. My computer. Wouldn't boot past windows splash screen. Reser the bios. Got a new CMOS battery. Ran the memory tests. Went to repair windows. Turns out. My c drive is blank. Gone. Nothing to repair! My d drive with a few games is intact. What the what.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So. My computer. Wouldn't boot past windows splash screen. Reser the bios. Got a new CMOS battery. Ran the memory tests. Went to repair windows. Turns out. My c drive is blank. Gone. Nothing to repair! My d drive with a few games is intact. What the what.
C c c c crasshhhhh

Zzoram

I'm Protoss.

Terran vs Zerg is the most exciting match up to watch though because at the highest level it's nonstop action.

Korean Terrans are super exciting to watch, which is why no tournament is legit without a few solid Korean Terrans.

I've noticed more mech play in diamond, in ZvT. Usually I'll get 3-4 Roaches if I see more than 5 hellions, although that doesn't always mean a terran is going mech. I always panic though: either I get thrown off by the early Hellion pressure (even if it does little to no damage) or I see a bunch of Thors and produce too many Roaches as my Greater Spire is building. I've won the last two mech games pretty easily with Muta/Roach into Broods though. I can't get Infestors to work against mech

Q8D3vil

I've noticed more mech play in diamond, in ZvT. Usually I'll get 3-4 Roaches if I see more than 5 hellions, although that doesn't always mean a terran is going mech. I always panic though: either I get thrown off by the early Hellion pressure (even if it does little to no damage) or I see a bunch of Thors and produce too many Roaches as my Greater Spire is building. I've won the last two mech games pretty easily with Muta/Roach into Broods though. I can't get Infestors to work against mech

when can you play to defend your na honor ?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My computer lasted since 2005, so I can't really complain. But all my grad school app stuff did get lost. Ack. There's an official gaf tech thread, isn't there? Have been able to find it so far (also, searching by phone sucks).
Don't use your HDD (take it out). Hook it up externally or as a secondary drive and you should be able to recover just about everything. It's not overwritten, just marked as free space right now.

Corran Horn

Playhem casters said Dragon was stream cheating then after everyone went crazy of them offer to send him to IPL4 as under them? lol

Corran Horn

Between wedge going period crazy and your jumble of words.. I'm not sure what's going on.

Hi everyone,

I'm Ryan, one of the founders of Playhem. I'm sorry if the following is sloppy and disorganized -- It's after 3am and was just woken up to my phone pinging with all of the complaint emails we've received due to this incident. However, I think its imperative that I address this immediately.

First and foremost, I must express my sincerest apologies to Dragon, his fans, and our stream viewers that were subject to the distaste apparent in our broadcast tonight. There are no excuses for such behavior, intentions included. However, being a strong believer in the adage, "actions speak louder than words," I'd like to extend an offer to Dragon, and indirectly to his fans, in an attempt to make amends. If his schedule permits, it would be our pleasure to sponsor Dragon at IPL 4 in Vegas -- player pass, hotel, and flight included. We would love for him to represent Playhem at the event, but understand if his preference is otherwise. The offer stands regardless. I can't read or write Korean, so if someone who does would be kind enough to help me contact and communicate with him, please email me at rdesanto@playhem.com.

Over the past year we have found our home in the Starcraft 2 community, for which we are proud and grateful. Without the daily support our players and fans, we would cease to exist. I will admit, this situation was handled improperly, and my apology probably too late. And so, I understand if you ignore my appeal, but please do not let the actions of an individual be representative of Playhem as a whole. All-in-all there are nearly 30 of us who wake up every morning and work into the hours of night with the singular goal of making Playhem something special. If everyone can take a step back from what transpired tonight, I think our true intentions are clear. We are committed to providing quality entertainment to the e-sports community, players of all skills and spectators alike. We <3 e-sports and all those involved, wanting nothing more than to continue showing our support in any way we can.

That said, I do not know what the fair punishment is, yet. I will ask, if a reformed player previously fallen from grace deserves redemption, should a caster not as well? I suppose Katu holds the answer to this question, but ultimately you, the community, will be the judge.

Unfortunately, my role in Playhem distances me from our day to day operations and an active involvement in the e-sports community. Between leading a team of 20 developers, heading up business development, fundraising, and everything else that comes with running a start-up, I'm left with little time to engage in a passion that was the catalyst for founding this company. What's even more unfortunate, is that an event of this nature is what brings me back. I'm truly sorry that any of this happened.

I guess reddit was kinda going nuts on this for a bit there while I was sleeping or something.

hamchan

Hooray for Dragon!

I don't know if he'll take it because of his earlier vows to not be a pro anymore but I wouldn't mind if he did.

Alright, listening to the rude casting now. They are baffled why Dragon's crazy greedy CC building strat keeps working lol.

scogoth

My computer lasted since 2005, so I can't really complain. But all my grad school app stuff did get lost. Ack. There's an official gaf tech thread, isn't there? Have been able to find it so far (also, searching by phone sucks).

Haz is the tech thread

Corran Horn

uerFs.gif

Corran Horn

Always drama with slayers! nah lol

Seems like the facebook twitter dude prolly was fired and took the Passwords with him lol.

jasonng

Not a day goes by when there isn't drama in esports. Who knew male professional gamers are a bunch of vaginas.

In other news, I could see Splinter's gif being used a lot.

Zen

Banned
Brood War 2011 Highlights
http://youtu.be/zjkctj71-aU

Once it got about half way through... I have to admit I'd forgotten how fast things can die in Brood War. My rose tinted memory told me that SCII was a quantum leap faster due to the DPS buff, but things look closer than I remembered, obviously.

Top Bottom