• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Well, the qualifiers were made up of invitees. It's not possible for a random dude off the street to just come in and win like in regular GSLs and MLGs.

Anyways I think there are way too many tournaments that being a major tournament means absolutely nothing now. I mean, if we count the arenas as majors, then MLG will have 8 majors this year alone. Then you have the 4 GSLs + whatever bonus, big tournaments they hold, Dreamhack, Assembly, NASL, IPL, etc.

I like how in Tennis it's just the 4 big grand slams that are counted as majors. In Brood War wasn't it just the 2-3 MSLs and 2-3 OSLs each year that were majors too? I dunno, I just think winning a major is losing a lot of meaning in SC2 if we label every biggish tournament as one.

Major tournament = Competition + Money

Money but no competition = NASL S2 finals

Competition but no money = shitty gom AOLs full of troll plays

Besides Ret vs MVP I haven't watched a single match of this arena but the number of big korean names + big prize pool makes it a major.

Code S will always have its own status though, since you can't be considered the best in the world if you haven't won code S

IPL have posted more information on IPL4. 360p and 480p will be free, 720p and 1080p will be under their subscription service which is 5 dollars month.

Also they announced the groups.

Group A:
kr coLMVP.TAiLS (Live event Qualifier)
kr FnaticRaidCall.aLive (Online Qualifier)
kr IM.NesTea (Invitee)
Live Qualifier (Winners Bracket)
Live Qualifier (Losers Bracket)

Group B:
kr MarineKingPrime (Live event Qualifier)
fr Mill.Stephano (IPL3 Winner / Invitee)
ua White-Ra (IPL2 Winner / Invitee)

Group C:
kr EG.PuMa (Online Qualifier)
kr TSL.Polt (Online Qualifier)
kr SK.MC (Invitee)

Group D:
kr ST.Bomber (Online Qualifier)
kr SlayerS`MMA (Invitee)
us EG.IdrA (IPL1 Winner / Invitee)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=316173

If the 480p is 60fps I'd be content with that, if not, I might pop the $5.

jasonng

Scogoth is the only cool guy there making sure his bros' drinks are constantly full? I thought Canadians were friendly. Also, you never had sushi before Panda? You must come to new york! I know so many places for sushi and beer for cheap!

Memes are fuck awesome. Now upload more pictures.

scogoth

Scogoth is the only cool guy there making sure his bros' drinks are constantly full? I thought Canadians were friendly. Also, you never had sushi before Panda? You must come to new york! I know so many places for sushi and beer for cheap!

Memes are fuck awesome. Now upload more pictures.

For you Jason. TheNix gives his heart

qWaVS.gif

scogoth

The best of the night we recorded but you can't hear it. Splinter doesn't know how to use a mic when he shameless plugged dating gaf at the bar

mcrae

The best of the night we recorded but you can't hear it. Splinter doesn't know how to use a mic when he shameless plugged dating gaf at the bar

im so pissed i missed it. all the good things happened the 4-5 2 minute intervals that i wasnt there. lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im so pissed i missed it. all the good things happened the 4-5 2 minute intervals that i wasnt there. lol

that reminds me of another good guy scogoth moment.

event photographer takes our photo during mcraes absence and scogoth flagged her down for a second group pic the next time she came by.

Zzoram

that reminds me of another good guy scogoth moment.

event photographer takes our photo during mcraes absence and scogoth flagged her down for a second group pic the next time she came by.

Not sure when or where they are putting those pictures though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Question:

Let's say my end goal in the Macro sense is to have 2 bases, 5 or 6 barracks, reactor starport and maybe a double engineering bay but at least one for sure. Let's also say that my opening build is a 1 barracks Fast Expand. I'm lost on when I should build the rest of the production buildings. Is there a point when I stop building units for a minute to focus on production buildings? When is that point? Do I wanna get the starport as fast as possible and then follow it up with barracks?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Question:

Let's say my end goal in the Macro sense is to have 2 bases, 5 or 6 barracks, reactor starport and maybe a double engineering bay but at least one for sure. Let's also say that my opening build is a 1 barracks Fast Expand. I'm lost on when I should build the rest of the production buildings. Is there a point when I stop building units for a minute to focus on production buildings? When is that point? Do I wanna get the starport as fast as possible and then follow it up with barracks?
You you think you are not going to die in 1-2 minutes you add on production.

rax
expand
rax rax rax BUNKER OR TWO BUNKERS engi bays 3 gas
1/1 + fact + reactor -> starport
stim/shield rax rax

Off top of my head. There's probably a build for this somewhere.

Tashi

You you think you are not going to die in 1-2 minutes you add on production.

rax
expand
rax rax rax BUNKER OR TWO BUNKERS engi bays 3 gas
1/1 + fact + reactor -> starport
stim/shield rax rax

Off top of my head. There's probably a build for this somewhere.
Ight cool. Sounds like a good flow.

What the fuck do I do if let's say I forget to build stuff and I've accumulated 1,000 minerals. Wtf do I build? I run into this situation often.

Zzoram

For you fast players, do you use the checklist repeat method?

Like, in your head have a checklist you keep cycling through to keep you busy.

Vaporak

What the fuck do I do if let's say I forget to build stuff and I've accumulated 1,000 minerals. Wtf do I build? I run into this situation often.

If you're macroing badly throw down a bunch more barracks, better than just having money in the bank.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Barracks and supply and queue SCVs, but only to a degree you can support.
If you have 1k banked and 5 reactor rax, just make 2 oribtals and queue SCVs.

Zzoram

So I'm watching Dragon's stream and it's pretty funny. He just beat some Master's Zerg with 12 CCs and an army of Battlecruisers and Ravens. He used PDD and HSM to kill all the Corruptors. When he won, he put his thumb up and yelled "Success!".

WedgeX

Banned
Someone post the jasonng swag gif in that "who has the most swag on neogaf" thread. Do it!

Also. Can I download sc2 through blizzard? Could only find aylinato's copy of it when I was at my parents...

Zzoram

Someone post the jasonng swag gif in that "who has the most swag on neogaf" thread. Do it!

Also. Can I download sc2 through blizzard? Could only find aylinato's copy of it when I was at my parents...

Ya you can download SC2 through the Battle.net website if you log in with an account that has the game serial key activated.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Just login on b.net download it from games section or the icon

scogoth

Use the disc if you have it, the one on b.net is version 1.00 so its faster to install from disc and then get the updates.

And sorry nix has way more swag

jprNe.jpg

Zzoram

Why is the website SC2 still 1.00? The Battle.net store ones for Broodwar, Diablo 2, and Warcraft 3 are the latest patch version.

scogoth

Why is the website SC2 still 1.00? The Battle.net store ones for Broodwar, Diablo 2, and Warcraft 3 are the latest patch version.

Dunno but re-installed last week and it was 1.00

Probably because its p2p downloading and there are no seeds as it is let alone changing it every time they patch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
For you fast players, do you use the checklist repeat method?

Like, in your head have a checklist you keep cycling through to keep you busy.
Supply building, 50+ 2x supplies going
SCVs up? production up?
Minimap
Army not dead? Where is his army? What is he doing?
Minimap
Add shit to hotkeys
Oh fuck I have so much money
Add production/Tech
Minimap

Tashi

So I'm watching Dragon's stream and it's pretty funny. He just beat some Master's Zerg with 12 CCs and an army of Battlecruisers and Ravens. He used PDD and HSM to kill all the Corruptors. When he won, he put his thumb up and yelled "Success!".
Hahaha yea he does that each win. "Sussess!!!"

Top Bottom