• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

WedgeX

Banned
My new laptop arrived. First new computer since 2005! Imma be at GAF-night this week. If you bums still do that. Imma bronze it up.

scogoth

My new laptop arrived. First new computer since 2005! Imma be at GAF-night this week. If you bums still do that. Imma bronze it up.

Don't think we are fooled by your poor attempt to reclaim the throne. We all know you're silver now, Nix has replaced you as the resident bronze.

Spl1nter

This was a good one

00:08 [All] Jmaster: glhf
02:31 [All] Jmaster: well ure gay
02:37 [All] Splinter: how would you know
02:47 [All] Jmaster: b/c u worker rushed
03:03 [All] Splinter: how does that have any correlation
03:13 [All] Jmaster: it takes no skill
03:33 [All] Jmaster: sure, i shouldve countered it, but it takes a REAL loser to rely on WORKER rush
03:37 [All] Splinter: then you must be less than no skill
03:40 [All] Splinter: to lose to a worker rush
03:42 [All] Jmaster: at lease six pool
03:50 [All] Splinter: keep telling that to yourself
03:57 [All] Jmaster: i hope u kno its hardest for toss to defend worker rush
03:57 [All] Splinter: losing to a worker rush is the lowest level
04:03 [All] Splinter: not true
04:05 [All] Jmaster: they have the weakest workers
04:09 [All] Splinter: terran have much harder time
04:21 [All] Jmaster: DOING a worker rush is the lowest level
04:32 [All] Splinter: and it only works against the lowest level
04:34 [All] Splinter: i guess than
04:46 [All] Splinter: embarrasing

(._.)

Banned
I'm not sure if I should be proud that I held off a work rush from splinter today or just feel bad for the people he beats with them.

I didn't know it could even work unless you don't a-move when you see them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Where's Zzoram?
Nothing is good enough for you so no.
Bias
Best games ever, watch them!
Heavily Biased

huk_mkp_cheer.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just doing my job as a Swede :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Silver NA = Master EU anyway so...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ahhh gold level cheese

"can i pause? "
minute later resumes without asking.

Then after I beat him he does the classic

"RiftedAegis: has left the game"

lulzzzz

Keikaku

Ahhh gold level cheese

"can i pause? "
minute later resumes without asking.

Then after I beat him he does the classic

"RiftedAegis: has left the game"

lulzzzz
One guy tried the Dragon method on me.

Left his workers stationary and hoped that I wouldn't attack thinking that he had dropped out. When I killed his workers, he flew away with his CC until my Viking got out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Corran playing against you has really helped me out. I'm noticing in the Zerg matchup you take bases on me all fucking day and make sure that I try to stop that. These silver league zergs love 2 base and don't really get 3 all that often. It let's me know that if I can weather out the battle and just keep them from expanding, I'll win. Each army they come up with is smaller than the last and then I win. High five!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Please please please upload this film. I need to see this!

Not much of a game...
http://drop.sc/165974

Matchmaking changes again
With the launch of Season 7, we briefly relaxed matchmaking settings to occasionally match players with opponents that were slightly more or less skilled. We quickly found that these changes had undesirable consequences for players at the extreme ends of the skill range, and reverted to the previous matchmaking settings in response. After analyzing the data and reviewing player feedback, we found that the loosened matchmaking settings had a positive impact on many players that weren’t playing at those extremes.

With that in mind, we are now ready to move back to the more relaxed matchmaking system, after making some improvements to correct the issues we were seeing at the extreme ends. Players should find that a larger proportion of their matches are against opponents of similar skill, but there is some room to allow players to compete against easier and more difficult opponents. As a result of this change, players at the highest and lowest ends of the skill ranges should no longer be negatively impacted by the loosened matchmaking changes.

Matchmaking will not be more relaxed at the highest skill levels. In fact, we’ve tuned matchmaking at the very high end to favor more competitive matches over faster matchmaking. While this may have some impact on wait times, we believe that this adjustment will improve the ladder experience for high level players and make practicing on the ladder better than it has ever been.

As always, we will continue to monitor the effects of these changes and make further adjustments if necessary.

More relaxed at lower levels, more strict at higher levels.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Doesn't show the pause :/

Something similar happen to me just now though. I pushed a terran early on with 2 tanks and like 10 marines and melted his marines. He lifts his expo up and calls gg. But he didn't quit out! Ugh, I made sure I macro'd up while keeping pressure on his main. I said, "are you gonna leave?" He writes, "LET ME TRY". Then I said, "Ok but don't GG and not leave"

So for the next few minutes I'm outside his main with tanks and marines scanning and getting some hits. Then I say, you know what let me pull back and just out macro this fool. I then thought he probably landed his expo elsewhere. I scanned and found it, destroyed it. Then he did a massive drop in my main, I crushed it after he destroyed all my SCVs. Then he leaves without saying a word.

Dirt bag.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Watched some Dreamhacks. Thorzain is not retarded TvZ and he gets wins. Good for him.

TvT is not terrible either.

Holden

HoN*

I know this for a fact. Me and Panda, we're more than friends

Dota2 has more active users then HoN now ^^! even though its missing a lot features/heroes and still in beta ^^

Yeah, no. If him playing DOTA2 with Holden is any indication of his interest in MOBAs.. he's more likely playing My Little Pony: Runaway Rainbow.

he played a game, i don't think he liked it :( not sure though

and no he's probably playing My little Ponykart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2TbtxjTho

what other games exist?

i know hes playing persona 3(?), dunno what else though.

Yoshichan

I will play DotA2 is SC2GAF teaches me how to play the game.

Are you up to the task?

Top Bottom