• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Holden

ya dota2 is harder compared to LoL

Hardest part of dota2 is learning every hero and every item. There are about 100+ heroes with moslty 4 unique spells ( with some exception ) and 122 diffrent items that all have diffrent effects

zlatko

Banned
:( I should just go and try LoL then...

LoL is a pretty fun game imo, but if you rage in SC2 when it's just you, then you will rage even more when others are the cause of your loss or shitting on you if you are just learning the ropes.

As for DOTA 2, it's a lot more difficult imo and while it looks much better graphically, I don't feel it plays better at the starting levels for the genre. I find the barrier of entry quite daunting, and the classes a lot less interesting.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
LoL is a pretty fun game imo, but if you rage in SC2 when it's just you, then you will rage even more when others are the cause of your loss or shitting on you if you are just learning the ropes.

I can attest to this. I'm a pretty calm guy but even I start raging a little bit when my team sucks.

Dammit the MOBA genre is even infecting the SC2 OT lol. I would probably give them a try if i had more spare time but as is i don't even really have enough time to play SC2 let alone try and learn another game.

Good casual fun, no need to memorize build orders, no need to constantly practice.

Join us.

Dammit the MOBA genre is even infecting the SC2 OT lol. I would probably give them a try if i had more spare time but as is i don't even really have enough time to play SC2 let alone try and learn another game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
What other games you playing pando?
skullgirls, ssf4:ae, persona 3, minecraft.

He's secretly playing LoL.
well, actually...
gQzPK.png
downloaded it, got dota3 next day, never played it

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Monster Girl Quest...a man after my own heart.

zlatko

Banned
skullgirls, ssf4:ae, persona 3, minecraft.

well, actually...

downloaded it, got dota3 next day, never played it

Bolded in your spoiler. Are you from the future, FUTURE man!?

I wish Panda had a 360 so we could play Persona 4 fighter later this year or Tekken Tag 2. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
; ; That would require buying an all new arcade stick for PS3, or trying to dual mod my 360 one, PLUS buying an extra copy for PS3, AND playing on inferior PSN. :(

What do I get in return?
inferior psn?
dem fighterGAF chat lobbies cant be topped bro.

also you get free episodes of Qore.

zlatko

Banned
inferior psn?
dem fighterGAF chat lobbies cant be topped bro.

also you get free episodes of Qore.

As someone who's played fighters on PSN and XBL, XBL consistently provides less laggy games for me. It provides faster matchmaking to those games. On top of all that it also gives me a bigger player pool to more likely find equal skill opponents.

GAF lobbies while cool, do not in the long run give me a better online experience for a fighter. Plus, all my friends who do play, play on XBL too.

Isn't Qore officially dead now?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
As someone who's played fighters on PSN and XBL, XBL consistently provides less laggy games for me. It provides faster matchmaking to those games. On top of all that it also gives me a bigger player pool to more likely find equal skill opponents.
confirmation bias. fighters typically sell more on ps3 so your player pool is actually smaller and of course the console being used does not change the quality of a connection. at best you could argue that you're more likely to play another american on 360 and have a better connection because of that.

GAF lobbies while cool, do not in the long run give me a better online experience for a fighter.
o_O
i have like 700 hours between sf4/ssf4/ae because GAF chat totally gives a better online experience in a fighter.

GAF chat vs xbox live is like battle.net 1.0 vs battle.net 2.0.

Isn't Qore officially dead now?
FREE!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
are you by chance, an absurdly sexy snake woman?

because if not, thats kind of a deal breaker.
Come to Sweden and you'll get to see for yourself :3 You'll be surprised!
so what leagues does the new match making affect? they don't even bother to say...
New match matching? I thought Blizzard took away the new system and we got the old one back?

Come to Sweden and you'll get to see for yourself :3 You'll be surprised!

New match matching? I thought Blizzard took away the new system and we got the old one back?

They've gone back to the drawing bored and rejigged it to "work". Bronze don't get raped this time and (Grand) Masters are more likely to be matched with someone who will challenge them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I tried Googling it but all I got was some stupid crap because it thinks that I'm trying to search for the Swedish word "hora" :(

I want to be eaten alive!

Yoshichan

:( Help me out and educate me fanboi, what's my timezone? :_:

edit: and while you're at it, what do you think of our new bills?

h5wPN.png

edit 2: Astrid should really be higher up :( At least 100:-

fanboi

Banned
:( Help me out and educate me fanboi, what's my timezone? :_:

edit: and while you're at it, what do you think of our new bills?

h5wPN.png

edit 2: Astrid should really be higher up :( At least 100:-

Astrid is a cheap whore and the 20 bill suits here talents.

EDIT: Our timezone is GMT +2 hours

Yoshichan

G6crM.png

AWAY WITH YOU, BLASPHEMOUS DEMON!

Yoshichan

Wait, you have me as friend?

♥

She is still a whore
HAD me as friend, there's a big difference!
j/k you'll always be my ♥ friend ♥

fanboiiiii, you should re-read them because you must've forgotten how good they are!

God tier: Bröderna Lejonhjärta, Mio min Mio
High tier: Pippi, Emil i Lönneberga
Mid tier: Everything else

GO!

fanboi

Banned
HAD me as friend, there's a big difference!
j/k you'll always be my ♥ friend ♥

fanboiiiii, you should re-read them because you must've forgotten how good they are!

God tier: Bröderna Lejonhjärta, Mio min Mio
High tier: Pippi, Emil i Lönneberga
Mid tier: Everything else

GO!

Watched them so many times with the kids... soooooooooooo goooooood.

Top Bottom