• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek: o,o what
cant a man go get dinner and bourbon in peace ::(
oh god
is fluttershy pandas alt?!?1?
Xenien: Wouldn't surprise me
Striek: it is
!@#$ you panda
sc2 is a refuge from pandas you !@#$%^&

;_;

striek hates me.

Deadman

If "exclusive" means "can only play at MLG" then this is a terrible deal.

Would mean the company that spends most of its time telling you to buy its products "for esports" just did the biggest thing to kill it of any tournament organisers.

Striek

Striek: o,o what
cant a man go get dinner and bourbon in peace ::(
oh god
is fluttershy pandas alt?!?1?
Xenien: Wouldn't surprise me
Striek: it is
!@#$ you panda
sc2 is a refuge from pandas you !@#$%^&
from ponies* but i love my own freudian slip

;_;

striek hates me.
Added last line :p

Zen

Banned
mass roach drops does wreck mech pretty hard

I've been trying to set up turret rings, but overlords have so many hitpoints, along with the ability to drop anywhere, that it feels like it's impossible have proper turret and then seige coverage everywhere by the time the mass roach really takes off. I've survived numerous doom drops, but it's usually inevitable, even with BFH trying to get econ damage done during.

If you go mass thors? :D

Won't the surface area that mass Roach can get just melt the Thors after one or two shoot and scoots? Do you have any examples of how you transitioned to Mass Thors? I'd ask about dealing with a switch to broods, but getting the viking tech/production is piss easy even if you're caught almost completely off guard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And defending your base with thors is a joke. They should replace the current (useless) thor-upgrade, with another one that lets them fly.

Cool just got diamond on Korean server, next up is Masters.

puNTql.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dan Stemkoski ‏ @Artosis
I'm excited to see a few more openers in TvZ, the early game was getting a bit stagnant.

What are these new openers that've been showing up?

fanboi

Banned
Dan Stemkoski ‏ @Artosis
I'm excited to see a few more openers in TvZ, the early game was getting a bit stagnant.

What are these new openers that've been showing up?

Build marines.

Build more marines.

Build bunkers with marines!

Build more bunkers with more marines!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lol, watching day9 going over whitera vs tlo; he keeps getting everything wrong.

whitera cant build probes! /whitera is building probes
whitera cant afford a second gyser! /whitera starts a second gyser
TLO is firmly ahead! /whitera a moves through TLO
TLO isnt dead yet /TLO gg's.
his spire got killed off! /spire never died.

Zen

Banned
lol, watching day9 going over whitera vs tlo; he keeps getting everything wrong.

whitera cant build probes! /whitera is building probes
whitera cant afford a second gyser! /whitera starts a second gyser
TLO is firmly ahead! /whitera a moves through TLO
TLO isnt dead yet /TLO gg's.
his spire got killed off! /spire never died.

If he doing this live or something?

And defending your base with thors is a joke. They should replace the current (useless) thor-upgrade, with another one that lets them fly.

They've said something about having an AOE AA Floating Spider-Mine like upgrade, who knows if it will make release, I'm just happy that they seem to be retaining the Thor.

Terrans usually add banshees when going mech against roaches. Banshee DPS > * and can defend base quickly.

Thanks, I'll have to do some research and practice before I start meching on ladder again.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
They've said something about having an AOE AA Floating Spider-Mine like upgrade, who knows if it will make release, I'm just happy that they seem to be retaining the Thor.
they never removed the thor, they just changed it.

they should remove it and put in goliath. you dont need AA splash if your AA mech doesnt cost a shit ton.

Thanks bro, yeah I'm already masters on US. That should give you some indicator of the Korean server skill level 0.0

Do you think the Korean grandmaster league is any harder than the NA or EU grandmaster league though? I know your not in it I'm just wondering if the skill level evens out at the very top. I would assume it would TBH.

Do you think the Korean grandmaster league is any harder than the NA or EU grandmaster league though? I know your not in it I'm just wondering if the skill level evens out at the very top. I would assume it would TBH.

I don't think I'm the right person to ask this question, but I'm pretty sure the Korean GM league is pretty far ahead of most GM leagues.

But you have to realize alot of Korean pros have GM smurfs on other ladders too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

korea is a weird case because it's a much smaller region, has the gsl to raise its playerbase and is the mecha server for sc2. so you end up with a 2.5k sized masters league made up of gsl players and hundreds of eu and NA immigrant masters players; further inflating the skill requirement to make kr masters.

Yoshichan

kH9WW.png

Corran, can you please get on it :3?

♥

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ive become very disapointed in my ZvT.

it doesnt help that i get huge lag spikes in lategame because my computer apparently dislikes maerine.

:(

i need a new pc.

Pretty much what I (and everyone else) expected from all there not-so-subtle-hints they've been throwing out for the past 2 months, only difference is that the exhibition tournament is WoL instead HoTS.

It sucks that the players will be exclusive (which is a pretty silly concept) but with GSL, OSL and Proleague, I doubt any top korean pro, Kespa or otherwise, would've had the time for more than 2 maybe 3 big international tournaments per year since they'll always favor korean tournaments over anything else.

I'm fine with the exclusive deal. Every business is competitive, esports isn't an exception. I may love Ipl and loath the bragging MLG does despite being propped up by venture capital but moves like this clearly demonstrate they're on top.

No one expected Jaedong and company to travel to every event. This will give them some stability, and by the time the deal finishes they'll be good enough to maybe even won some tournaments. I'm more concerned about avoiding another Boxer v Yellow fiasco next month. Some are already masters level but many haven't played enough. If they have a meh mini tournament, fans unfamiliar with BW write them off

Likewise, I expect BW asshole elitists to complain about the lack of skill immediately, pretending like the game hasn't evolved quite a bit already without Flash. The proleague is going to suck

twofold

I swear to god that I Have seen that name during some KR pros streaming ladder... hmmm

Tons of Koreans are using the barcode name to disguise themselves on the ladder.

Flash has played 450 games already this season. Guess he was serious when he said he was playing a ton of SC2.

Edit - Watched the vids. His mechanics seem great, but there wasn't anything there that blew me away. Still, he's only been playing for a month and his play already looks cleaner and crisper than a lot of other terran players. Will be interesting to see how his play evolves over the next few months as he gets more practise in.

Edit2 - It's funny how he sometimes goes back to his base to macro but he has nothing to do. Also amusing that he manually clicks his rax at times to add build units one by one. His resource usage is second to none, too. He never misses a depot and his minerals/gas are always incredibly low. Will be interesting to see where he decides to use his excess APM in the future. More micro/multitasking?

Sliver

I'm pretty sure a lot of them don't even care about or practice BW anymore..considering there's only 1 set of BW played during Proleague, which if lost can still be won by winning the two rounds of SC2.

Maybe OSL I guess, but doesn't look like a lot of them are putting time into BW.

Q8D3vil

it would be a real shame if he decided to play protoss though :/
maybe be is already acknowledging that protoss mech far superior than terran mech :/

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

What exactly about Protoss is overpowered?
Everything. Forcefields are OP, gateways are OP too... More importantly there are continuous patches but it seems like Terran is the only one that doesn't get buffs. I'm worried because they're on a downward trend.
Finally, our God speaks.

"Protoss is OP" - Flash

wow, the dude caught up with the SC2 metagame faster than I thought, he's practically a code S player by realizing that one undeniable truth so fast.

Yoshichan

Turns out Flash is like pretty much every other player then.. :p
Absolutely. After one month of practice, he's identical to every other player, indeed.

Top Bottom